1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 160 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Found this drop list on the OF. It didn't have near as much on it earlier when I found it but now there's more so it looks like they're actually keeping it updated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...lview?sle=true

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

My group last night was getting to the last phase consistently, but it was still pretty chaotic compared to the phases prior.
    I'm curious as to how other people are handling the adds. I'll try to add information about sub 40% as that's where people look to be the most unclear so far or have the least experience with.

Bees/Honey: Boss gives you the Honey debuff which makes a bee spawn. No honey debuff = no bee. You will always get the first bee because it is queued to spawn right after the boss gives the debuff. Afterwards, you can choose to get sucked in and have the boss remove the honey debuff, thus eliminating bee spawns. Bees don't seem like a big issue before 40% but I'll bring up why you may want to consider intentionally feeding.

Sub 40% (Last phase): Begins with Leafstorm which is a weak AoE. Immediately after, 3 slugs spawn which have very low HP (~6000?). Boss casts Acid Rain, which is a ground target AoE on 3 random people. A slime spawns where the AoE lands; these slimes do not move and have a ranged auto attack. Slugs will eat the slimes when they are sub 50%; a slug can eat multiple slimes. More slimes eaten makes the slug stronger and stronger. Slugs cast Acidic Ooze which is another AoE; you're essentially dead if a slug ate 2 slimes as this AoE will wreck you most of the time. It is manageable if each slug at 1 slime.

We had issues making sure Slugs ate one slime each even despite spreading slimes out a bit and having Slugs at 50% at the same time, so we did a few pulls at the end of the night to try and ignore the mechanic. We intentionally killed slugs with LB2 the moment they spawn, and then placed Acid Rain on one end of the arena. Boss was planned to move to the opposite side so we could out-range the slimes auto attack. The slimes hurt a lot too.

We were a bit too tired to really get anything decent with that strategy, but that was our plan. You can successfully eat the "laser" mechanic the boss does when it only has 2 stacks. We also were feeding all Honey debuffs because getting any bees during that sub 40% part was becoming too much to handle. The damage the boss dishes out at 2 stacks was still manageable. At that point it really is just a burn phase.

The conal draw-in (Floral Trap) and consume move (Devour) are two separate moves with two different areas of effect. In other words, if you stick yourself in a briar patch right next to Raffi's jaws, you won't get drawn in but you'll still get eaten.

Also, the briar patch cannot "catch" you while you're being drawn in, so placing it between yourself and Raffi is no good. Floral Trap checks for the briar debuff on use.

No way found to reduce stacks on Raffi besides not getting eaten, which is probably the point.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Results seem to be random with attack actions, but ability actions and movements will fuck you. One time I did a full butcher's combo and took no damage from it. One time I used berserk during it and took 6k (as a tank). One time I did absolutely NOTHING and ate 10k. One time I swear a I jiggled a bit and took 0 damage, but that was probably a fluke.

There were many instances where I auto attacked and took 0 damage.
    This is probably just variance in latency. When it starts channeling, there's a slight window for you finish any action. I'd say only the second half of the channeling will detect actions and calculate damage to be done to you, results may vary with latency, of course.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Has anyone figured out what the Suspicious Objects are yet?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Haven't been able to click it. It seems to just be an accidentally (on SE's part) visual center spot for the thorns.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Think it's the same type of deal as the dead jailers in Titan EX, except they're untargetable.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well I've seen two like it; one says Suspicious Object, the other says Sturdy Cage. Wondering if it's the same thing just (for some reason) named differently.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

i think I read somewhere, suspicious object turns into sturdy cage for the thorns.

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

When she enters phase 2, does she keeps doing phase 1 move +phase2? Or she just do phase 2 moves

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Crizto View Post
    We also were feeding all Honey debuffs because getting any bees during that sub 40% part was becoming too much to handle.
    Can you clarify on this a little, because from what I've seen, sub-40% she doesn't use Devour anymore, but bees still spawn.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Seem chains break faster when the targets backs are facing each other?

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

repelling shot does not break chains btw, lol.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    Can you clarify on this a little, because from what I've seen, sub-40% she doesn't use Devour anymore, but bees still spawn.
    Bee's were spawning because someone had a honey debuff on them. The debuff lasts 9 minutes and doesn't get reapplied sub-40%; you're correct that there is also no more devours then too. Thus you have to decide whether you want bees to spawn or not during that last phase. Bees are queued to spawn near/at the 40% transition, and you will get 0-2 bees depending on how many people have a debuff on them. Thinking about it, if you DPS slow enough you may even force more bees to spawn. It's a tradeoff because if you get devoured with the honey debuff you are intentionally giving the boss a damage stack, but at the same time you're not worrying about bees from that point onward. So our strategy was to always intentionally get devoured if you had the honey debuff, because 2 stacks is manageable damage output and we chose to not deal with bees.

My FC managed to kill it this evening, but I wasn't in the kill group so I only have seen it to ~30%? But they maintained the same strategy and just cleaned up some execution parts with placement for the last phase. I'm almost certain that after 40% you won't have honey debuffs being applied and bee's spawning because I didn't hear them complaining about bees during that.

The last phase is just an incredibly tight DPS race as we've seen it. Healers get targeted with the blue marker and need to eat the damage solo + away from the group. Any sort of shield/damage reduction was working to reduce the damage.

Bee spawns are probably on a timed interval between 70 - 40% or so and the number of bees which spawn is a matter of the number of honey debuffs there are.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

And just to contribute a bit to accuracy numbers from me and another SMN that went in the past two days:
    470: missed
    476: other guy said was good
    478: what I was at and didn't miss

Pretty sure I didn't miss anyways

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I missed infrequently at 479 Accuracy, so the cap for Turn 6 is probably 480 or 481.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Question as a melee in this fight. How are you handling chains? Is the arena big enough for the melee to move a small distance while the others move a longer distance to break the chain? My static seems to be having this particular issue after stacking for spit to eat a big heal, then we have brambles in our way + devour mechanics.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    I missed infrequently at 479 Accuracy, so the cap for Turn 6 is probably 480 or 481.

Is that on a tank job in front of the mob? People on Reddit were reporting misses at 482acc (PLD) but capped (probably overcapped) at 494 (WAR)

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

T7 got beaten

they got 2 piece of gear + oil + unidentified tomestone

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Is that on a tank job in front of the mob? People on Reddit were reporting misses at 482acc (PLD) but capped (probably overcapped) at 494 (WAR)
    I was missing on PLD at 484.