1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -3 hours, -27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 12 hours, 26 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    #Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Wondering, if those upgrade items are 100% drop rate or not O_o
    They are.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Then does anybody know if its always oil and tome from 7 and sand from 8, or is it some variation?

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    They are.
    and here I was thinking SE was going to extended out content to last awhile, you could gear up faster then T1-5 now... O_o (once you can down that stuff anyway)

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

you could gear up faster then T1-5 now... O_o
    That depends on how many oils, sand, and mystery tomes drop per week. If its 4 of each item every week (1 in each turn) then I agree. If its less than that (not sure if we can confirm its 100% drop from t7+) then its slightly slower barring.

Also lot priority :D

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I disagree on the speed you can gear up. You're still limited by the amount of soldiery you can get on a weekly basis (although we are going into this patch with 450 instead of 300) and you are also limited by only getting possibly at most 3 of them a week. 3 upgrade items for 8 people who possibly all need at minimum 4 items they need to upgrade each which before we were just getting a straight up equal ilvl before. I don't see how that's faster.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

It's not at all.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Judging by BG's loot table thread on OF it's 1 oil / 1 ui tomestone for turn 7 and 1 sand for turn 8. Guaranteed. (Even though she spells it Garunteed and it bugs the shit out of me)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Yes, but since it's not per-person (it's 1 item in the loot pool, from what I've seen), that's a whopping onethree extra pieces of gear per person every 2 months. Whoa there. Stop the presses.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

The T2 gloves that never dropped for me for months say otherwise, now I can at least eventually sort of garuntee an upgrade to 110ish level!

I should of probably said, more routes to obtain high lvl gear. Within a group, if you got some soorta "loot system" besides free for all, you'd probably want to do some order of upgrading for people that can use it, or need it (like tanks first, or dps, or healers).

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Its slightly slower. Coil drops are up slightly. 2 i110s + 1 upgrade item for 7,8. But you can't get i110 outside of coil.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Judging by BG's loot table thread on OF it's 1 oil / 1 ui tomestone for turn 7 and 1 sand for turn 8. Guaranteed. (Even though she spells it Garunteed and it bugs the shit out of me)
    She defiantly needs to fix that.

(Yes, it bothers me too.)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Assuming we don't get more upgrade items from turn 9, that's 10 i110 pieces a week added to your coil group, while last tier you had 8 + 8 potential myth pieces a week. That's a pretty sharp decline in gear acquisition.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I wouldn't call it sharp.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

and here I was thinking SE was going to extended out content to last awhile, you could gear up faster then T1-5 now... O_o (once you can down that stuff anyway)
    No, even guaranteed, that is a long haul. You only get one per group; that means only one weathered weapon or weathered armor gets upgraded per week, per group (pending seeing what T9 drops). That means it'll take 8 weeks, or two months, for every person in a coil group to get their i110 weathered weapons upgraded if they completely ignore upgrading their weathered armor, not counting accessories, which use the oil instead of the sands.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Oh you.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Onyxium Asurai
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Actually should be slower technically, since it requires both Soldiery AND 1 drop per week per group drop to get the i110 Soldiery stuff, as opposed to just Myth for the old i90 Myth upgrades. I guess you get "more" upgrades in general, but there's a middle upgrade tier that didn't exist before that you have to go through (unless lolCT)

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

We beat T6 last night, one shot tonight. Suddenly turned into a joke of a fight once you figure everything out, lol..

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    You twisted son of a bitch.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Their lodestone info has updated, so it won't show it anymore, but there was also a SMN in their FC who was sporting 3 High Allagan pieces, but then also had some CT gear mixed in there too, like Crimson Breeches. If the DPS checks are already tight enough in i90, you're not going to make them in i80.
    Is the person whose lodestone you linked to above the SMN in question? It seems they also have BLM, so that could explain the 3 High Allagan on their SMN. For what it's worth they also have some healer High Allagan too.

That said it's still fishy as fuck for some random no name FC who didn't do much in 2.1 to suddenly come out of nowhere and catch up to BG overnight.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

No, even guaranteed, that is a long haul. You only get one per group; that means only one weathered weapon or weathered armor gets upgraded per week, per group (pending seeing what T9 drops). That means it'll take 8 weeks, or two months, for every person in a coil group to get their i110 weathered weapons upgraded if they completely ignore upgrading their weathered armor, not counting accessories, which use the oil instead of the sands.
    I don't think BG, or Legacy on my server, will have any problem meeting that pace. As to which beats T9 first...

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    We beat T6 last night, one shot tonight. Suddenly turned into a joke of a fight once you figure everything out, lol..
    Apparently it's the "figure everything out" part that has prevented us from doing the same

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast