1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 32 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 32 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It just demands mastery of execution; even if you know the mechanics you just really don't want to mess up ever. Turn 7 is the same way but moreso as you really can't afford to mess up even once where in T6 you could afford maybe 1 or 2 accidental Devours and still manage.

Basically DPS need to get used to mechanics fastest because you don't want them compromising their damage just for survival. You want both.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Caster ACC seems to be around 459ish and around 470 for SMN to account for Pet.
    Not sure if you're talking about T7 or not but I didn't miss as BLM at 443 in T6 once in about a two hour span of practice and our SMN didn't report any misses from him or his pet when I asked him and he was at 450. That was including casts from face, flank and back

Quote Originally Posted by OWS_Tonx View Post
    Not sure if you're talking about T7 or not but I didn't miss as BLM at 443 in T6 once in about a two hour span of practice and our SMN didn't report any misses from him or his pet when I asked him and he was at 450. That was including casts from face, flank and back
    I've missed a few times as BLM @ 456acc.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Onyxium Asurai
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

What's been killing us on T6 has actually been the scattered DOTs from people not breaking chains fast enough, or standing in thorns too long. Getting a bulb in the middle can make it really hard to see the small amount of thorns when combined with Shadow Flare/Sacred Soil/Flaming Arrow, that's got us a couple times. All other mechanics we've got a good handle on, just a little extra damage happening pre-Spit that's killing folks off that shouldn't be.

Thoughts on Eos vs. Selene on that one? We had our SCH try Eos the last couple times just to assist with the bursty scattered heals, and it seemed to help. DPS on bees/bulbs has been a non-issue as long as people are alive. He might need to switch after phase 3 starts though, since we're planning to burn.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The chains actually don't do a bunch of damage, it's mainly the thorns. We've gotten a lot better at keeping everyone topped off after we had everyone with the chains just sit on top of each other until the sun-like indicated popped up and then spread apart. It's a lot less chaotic.

I have parsed misses from garuda-egi with our summoner in the 460-470 range on turn 6.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Araius View Post
    Thoughts on Eos vs. Selene on that one? We had our SCH try Eos the last couple times just to assist with the bursty scattered heals, and it seemed to help. DPS on bees/bulbs has been a non-issue as long as people are alive. He might need to switch after phase 3 starts though, since we're planning to burn.
    We did burn method with Eos just fine. Selene has never made a really big impact and Fey Covenant is another option to mitigate Spit. I would pop Whispering Dawn on the bulbs before Devour just because this is the most top-off intensive period usually. Pop Soil any time between tether and suction. Any later than that and it might not actually be live for the following Spit.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Onyxium Asurai
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    The chains actually don't do a bunch of damage, it's mainly the thorns. We've gotten a lot better at keeping everyone topped off after we had everyone with the chains just sit on top of each other until the sun-like indicated popped up and then spread apart. It's a lot less chaotic.
    That's an interesting point, I'll give that a shot. I usually Medica II there (DS is usually up too) so that should be able to handle the chain damage we take just sitting there. That way you're not trying to split the chains and then suddenly one person gets the target and goes running the other way and doesn't break...yeah I could see that.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

We also stopped trying to break chains until yellow marker is out. Causes a lot of problems if you are running in wrong direction and yellow thing pops on you.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Being a MNK is amazing in Turn 6, as I figured out last night going on my alt character to help one of our groups. The ability to run into no man's land to break the tethers then get the reticle and fly across the arena to safety with shoulder tackle is champ status.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone know if turn 7 has any kind of enrage mechanic?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Too many medusa-style adds eating petrification will boost the boss' damage to ridiculous levels, but other than that I haven't seen anything

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I have seen groups lose multiple dps and still kill her in time, so I don't think so.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

What's been killing us on T6 has actually been the scattered DOTs from people not breaking chains fast enough, or standing in thorns too long.
    Once you learn the fight, there is almost no reason for anyone except the yellow target to stand in thorn patches at all. There is plenty of time to aim for the thorns then run the other way and Raff does not use any cleave attacks in this time so you can just run to the main tank. Unless someone just derps it up and runs with the target, nobody should take damage standing in thorns.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Onyxium Asurai
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    Once you learn the fight, there is almost no reason for anyone except the yellow target to stand in thorn patches at all. There is plenty of time to aim for the thorns then run the other way and Raff does not use any cleave attacks in this time so you can just run to the main tank. Unless someone just derps it up and runs with the target, nobody should take damage standing in thorns.
    Yeah it's a combination of getting used to thorns growing mechanics, and links not breaking reliably enough. Nobody other than the yellow target is intentionally running in thorns.

Part of the issue may be we're stacking for most of those phases, which can make it difficult to tell which direction each person should be running to break. Really no reason to stack there as tight as we are.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

which can make it difficult to tell which direction each person should be running to break.

Mark the MT. We added a line that marks ourselves in our provoke macro, so whenever we swap, the mark swaps to the MT, and everyone knows where to run.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Is there a trick to getting the one slug to eat all three slimes? We got that far a couple times tonight but the slug would only eat one slime despite all three being basically on top of each other.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

So how does the honey mechanic work exactly? Does it cast honey each rotation and so the number of bees keep going up? Or is it capped at 1 if the honey dude doesn't die / get eaten? Group is having issues getting through phase 2 smoothly because our DPS isn't quite there to get to 40% before the 2nd bee.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've been wondering that about the honey as well. If you don't feed the honey the first time, will he give another person honey? And then if he does will two bees spawn instead of one?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    Does it cast honey each rotation and so the number of bees keep going up?
    Yes

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    I've been wondering that about the honey as well. If you don't feed the honey the first time, will he give another person honey? And then if he does will two bees spawn instead of one?
    Yes that's how it works.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast