1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 143 of 160 FirstFirst ... 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The Lava Toad legs were wasted on the SMN since food doesn't affect pets.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    I'm kind of glad my static fell apart in one respect: I don't have to fucking make the goddamn SMN a half dozen Lava Toad Legs anymore every week.

Fuck.
    SMN needs to cap acc before food tho...

edit: beaten

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Somewhat scrubby, but reliable, replacement who had never played SMN before that we picked up as things began to fall apart. At least they got Casting drops from everything minus 9 before we broke up, for what little good it did us.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That said, why isn't ACC a guaranteed stat on a weapon?

Anyways, for T6 speedkills, faster to wait and feed the honey target, or just push the phase and suicide the honey + possible extra bee?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    That said, why isn't ACC a guaranteed stat on a weapon?

Anyways, for T6 speedkills, faster to wait and feed the honey target, or just push the phase and suicide the honey + possible extra bee?
    If you suicide the honey on the final phase, I'm pretty sure he'll still vomit another one right back out. It's stupid like that. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

he wont

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

This last week we pushed into last phase before it could eat honey for the first time and just ended up killing a couple bees in last phase because when we told our BLM to suicide the honey he said quote "fuck that". It ended up being not really that threatening given we clear fast anyways.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Did you manage to time the respawn time of the bees in last phase with honey out?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Not super precise but I can tell you one spawned after Acid Rain alongside the slimes and the other spawned at around 8% for us. Will keep an eye out next week since it'll probably happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kacey View Post
    Did you manage to time the respawn time of the bees in last phase with honey out?
    It has happened to me as well and two spawn but the second one can be ignored (it will still sting though). Not sure the spawn time.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

We've been dealing with hornets in the last phase for a while now. The goal should be to kill Rafflesia before the second hornet can sting (don't touch it).

0:00 Rafflesia starts casting Leafstorm
    0:11 Rafflesia starts casting Acid Rain
    0:18 Acidic Honeys spawn
    0:24 Dark Matter Hornet spawns
    1:19 Dark Matter Hornet spawns

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Is there a general timing for towers and ballistic missiles in Savage? Currently we're having an issue where during the 3rd and 4th sets that towers come up as ballistic missiles go out, which essentially cuts our time to get towers in half. By time we get to the fifth it's back in sync, but those two in particular are being really uncooperative.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

You just have to deal with that. The 4th is the only close one.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

On a comical note, this post is kinda brilliant:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...il_of_bahamut/

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bokchoy Mcnuggets
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    Is there a general timing for towers and ballistic missiles in Savage? Currently we're having an issue where during the 3rd and 4th sets that towers come up as ballistic missiles go out, which essentially cuts our time to get towers in half. By time we get to the fifth it's back in sync, but those two in particular are being really uncooperative.
    Nope. You can't alter the timing. You just have to put on your Nikes and hustle.

For the third set of tower, the timing is tight but you should still have enough time to reach your towers.

For the fourth set of tower, the timing is REALLY tight and depending on where the Ballistic Missiles land, you might not always be able to reach the towers in time. There's a bit of RNG involved here.

Now, the third and fourth towers can be done with only three people activating them, so it gives you some flexibility as to who has to trigger which towers. People can cover for each other if Ballistic Missiles put people too far away from their assigned tower.

For example, let's supposed each of the 8 raid member is labeled A-H

Tower Set 1: ABCD - 3 Dread, 1 Mines (Late Trigger)
    Tower Set 2: EFGH - 2 Dread, 1 AoE, 1 AoE (Late Trigger)
    Tower Set 3: ABC - 2 Mines, 1 AoE
    Tower Set 4: EFG - 2 Dread, 1 AoE

As you can see, D and H aren't assigned towers in Set 3 or 4. These two players can fill in for E/F/G if any of those players are stuck in a Ballistic Missile on the opposite side of their assigned tower. For example, if E needs to get to the Dread tower but is stunned by Ballistic far away from the Dread, he can call out for D or H to take the tower for him.

Basically, you need to make yourselves flexible for the 4th tower set. Remember, you have 5 people for 3 tower triggers. Use this to compensate for the reduced time you have to trigger the towers. If you don't, you leave yourself vulnerable to bad RNG.

Also, your healers should get in the habit of pre-shielding people assigned to towers for the 3rd and 4th set, since they can get Allagan Field before they have to go in their towers.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

http://www.twitch.tv/saifujiwara/c/5220022

Best grill brings out the best in everyone.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

TIL flame arrow breaks shadowbind's bind

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Any SCH advice from T8 savage vets regarding fairy buffs and MP management?

I've been popping fey cov. on the 5+ set mines and illumination during heavy healing periods like dread. Whispering used for every forced explosion. I seem to run out of MP quite often due to all the adlo. spam on fielded targets but I'm guessing this is pretty normal. I get ballad, use eithers, use aetherflow on CD (NRG drain or lustrate used if I have charges remaining), and run a decent amount of piety on my build. I'm not running into issues outside of 2+ consecutive stacks on Avatar but just thought I'd ask anyways. A question I've been debating: is using leech worth it? Some groups do it, some groups don't.

I'd like advice on windows for DPS since I can't seem to find any good ones besides the 4th > 5th tower transition where there is a lot of downtime and on tower sets w/o a dread.

Also, are there periods where you're forced to have 2 healers potentially moving at the same time or have most of you separated it due to the danger?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Jubei'Thos

Quote Originally Posted by bokchoykn View Post
    For the fourth set of tower, the timing is REALLY tight and depending on where the Ballistic Missiles land, you might not always be able to reach the towers in time. There's a bit of RNG involved here.
    Disagree about the RNG - as long as your ballistic strat doesn't result in the tower takers into the corner (therefore possibly the maximum distance from a tower), you should always be able to make your tower (with sprint). It would be risky to take a tower 3/4 of the area away without sprint.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

wewps, didn't follow the conversation chain properly there.