1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 34 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 34 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 160 FirstFirst ... 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 156 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Meno View Post
    My best t8 parse is 170 as the main tank WAR with 110 wep and VIT accessories. How do you manage 200?
    From a few weeks ago (i110 wep, STR accs, 30 STR):

Quote Originally Posted by Ramset View Post
    Are Turn 8 parses still cool? 252 dps as solo tank... I'm proud.

Spoiler: show
    Dunno what the exact status of his gear was then (like I think his body was still i100, right side wasn't full i110 STR, etc).

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

oh seravi beaten me by forever.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Jubei'Thos

Quote Originally Posted by ryuuken View Post
    to give a rough idea, he parses weekly t9 around 125~140, and i think that's absolutely awful. another friend of mine on a different server, their war is doing 220+ easy on t9, and 2x as much on all other turns as well, and i'm just flabbergasted at the difference. gear difference is not much/non existent, so that is no excuse.
    lemme know!
    It's not very difficult to DPS as a warrior - the biggest difference is if he's geared for it (STR accessories or Melded STR/VIT accessories, 30 STR in stat, minimising parry in his gearset, does he carry around dps food and pots) - is he trying to actually DPS? There are alot of tanks that need convincing that their DPS matters and that they are playing a tank to "tank" and don't really try to maximise their dps by learning their rotations (dead easy) or just managing their defiance trying to optimise their dps.

Also for T9 there is a massive difference in merged vs continuous parse. Keep in mind when comparing direct numbers.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The Binding Coil of Bahamut, Act 2: Tail Slap is frontal, guys.

I do about 205 in full VIT accs as solo T8 tank and without using any pots. 250 seems reasonable if I could trust my healing.

For T9 I only really look at the first part of the fight for accurate parse numbers (nobody dying, no random shit, jumps always happen at same time etc) So for up until first golems I'm at 265-275 DPS in STR accs.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I do about 205 in full VIT accs as solo T8 tank and without using any pots. 250 seems reasonable if I could trust my healing.

For T9 I only really look at the first part of the fight for accurate parse numbers (nobody dying, no random shit, jumps always happen at same time etc) So for up until first golems I'm at 265-275 DPS in STR accs.
    Sounds about right. In i100 STR ACCs and 110 weapon (nael pls) I can parse 290ish on a dummy. Been MTing 6-8 in full STR gear and +30 STR from stats very safely now, speeds shit up quite a bit. Tempted to revert back to VIT on T7 though, that fight is retarded with high DPS. High DPS T7 has a higher wipe rate for us than T9

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    Sounds about right. In i100 STR ACCs and 110 weapon (nael pls) I can parse 290ish on a dummy. Been MTing 6-8 in full STR gear and +30 STR from stats very safely now, speeds shit up quite a bit. Tempted to revert back to VIT on T7 though, that fight is retarded with high DPS. High DPS T7 has a higher wipe rate for us than T9
    lol, we have the same issue. Our BLM/SMN doesn't even start DPSing until under 90% cause we skipped the voice before adds too much. It's not as bad after that, since plenty of shit usually happens. We spent as much time on T7 as we did the other 3 turns combined this week probably.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mirai Amariyo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    lol, we have the same issue. Our BLM/SMN doesn't even start DPSing until under 90% cause we skipped the voice before adds too much. It's not as bad after that, since plenty of shit usually happens. We spent as much time on T7 as we did the other 3 turns combined this week probably.
    Yeah, my group used to have similar problems when we started gearing up in Coil2, every week was a new learning lesson due to increased DPS.
    Everything seems to fall into place though as long as we hold the DPS and wait for the 3rd voice to cast before pushing to 80%.
    After that, we don't tend to hold for phases unless a shriek is already out/casting.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Any time my group is like "We need to lower DPS", as OT I just go into Defiance and just use Storm's Path and sometimes stand there with my thumb up my ass doing nothing at all. I know DPS don't like to gimp their numbers.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

not judging because I've been there (wipefests on T7), but you don't need a frozen renaud up before 80% because there's no shriek.

unless I guess if you're 4-stacking. but if you're 4-stacking then you really shouldn't complain about how high dps affects t7, since you're already trying to cheat the system.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Literally how it worked for us this week.

Renaud
    Voice, hit it
    80%
    Renaud is going to unfreeze for sure, have to kill it
    Voice
    Shriek (renaud pops, 2nd one of the whole fight)
    wherestherenaudohfuck
    ded

We could have had our BRD Shadowbind yeah but A) we try not to rely on that and B) I actually don't think it would have lasted long enough.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Kaixin View Post
    not judging because I've been there (wipefests on T7), but you don't need a frozen renaud up before 80% because there's no shriek.

unless I guess if you're 4-stacking. but if you're 4-stacking then you really shouldn't complain about how high dps affects t7, since you're already trying to cheat the system.
    Renaud spawns are not reset by the phase change only the voice. If you're pushing too fast you can run into a situation where you don't have a Renaud ready for the Shriek if you kill the 1st one.

If you're group is freezing the 1st Renaud and then pushing before the next Voice there wont be another Renaud pop until it's too late.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Literally how it worked for us this week.

Renaud
    Voice, hit it
    80%
    Renaud is going to unfreeze for sure, have to kill it
    Voice
    Shriek (renaud pops, 2nd one of the whole fight)
    wherestherenaudohfuck
    ded

We could have had our BRD Shadowbind yeah but A) we try not to rely on that and B) I actually don't think it would have lasted long enough.
    Exactly. This has nothing to do with Renaud stacking or not, you'll run into this issue regardless if you push below 80% without the voice.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I've never not had the second renaud up before the first shriek before. OK, whatever. I guess our DPS has T7 PTSD and are sub/consciously holding back.

So let's consider the scenario where the first renaud might unfreeze:

10 seconds - 1st voice
    25 seconds - 1st Renaud pop
    35 seconds - 2nd voice. Renaud frozen as early as 43 seconds (3 second windup, 5 second delay). Unfrozen at 73 seconds.
    59 seconds - phase change. This is the latest it can go before melusine casts another voice.
    69 seconds - third voice casts. hits as late as 80 seconds (3 second windup, 8 second delay).
    73 seconds - renaud's about to get loose!
    75 seconds - 2nd renaud
    89 seconds - shriek goes off

That means with a short first voice and a long second voice there's a danger period of 7 seconds where pushing during this period gives the renaud a chance of unfreezing. (17 to 24 seconds after the most recent voice). Any earlier and the first voice after transition will refresh for you. Any later and the next voice before transition will refresh for you.

Push before Voice+19 seconds and voices will run out before the second renaud spawns. Hopefully you kept the first renaud.

The trick is that shadowbind will cover you for the middle 7 seconds.

TLDR: Apply shadowbind when stone curse is <3 seconds.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've never not had the second renaud up before the first shriek before. OK, whatever. I guess our DPS has T7 PTSD and are sub/consciously holding back.

So let's consider the scenario where the first renaud might unfreeze:

10 seconds - 1st voice
    25 seconds - 1st Renaud pop
    35 seconds - 2nd voice. Renaud frozen as early as 43 seconds (3 second windup, 5 second delay). Unfrozen at 73 seconds.
    59 seconds - phase change. This is the latest it can go before melusine casts another voice.
    69 seconds - third voice casts. hits as late as 80 seconds (3 second windup, 8 second delay).
    73 seconds - renaud's about to get loose!
    75 seconds - 2nd renaud
    89 seconds - shriek goes off

That means with a short first voice and a long second voice there's a danger period of 7 seconds where pushing during this period gives the renaud a chance of unfreezing. (17 to 24 seconds after the most recent voice). Any earlier and the first voice after transition will refresh for you. Any later and the next voice before transition will refresh for you.

Push before Voice+19 seconds and voices will run out before the second renaud spawns.

The trick is that shadowbind will cover you for the middle 7 seconds.
    Technically Stun can cover the gap too. It seems silly to employ such a risky strategy though, just wait before pushing.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

yo you can wait and be lame or you can be a man and push the deeps to the max

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

yo you can wait and be lame or you can be a man and push the deeps to the max
    I tell my group this every week, but no one listens.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I posted it already a little while but seriously I would hate T7 even more so every week if we had to deal with adjusting due to increased dps. We freeze the initial renaud, position accordingly and never kill it. All out dps the entire fight, never need to stop. Been doing it this way for like two months now.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

yeah a bard would just have to shadowbind a maximum of 3 times (80, 60, 35). 35% is even easier since shriek comes out ~5 seconds faster than a long voice, meaning the hot period is ~2 seconds instead of 7. face renauds towards petrifaction and you're all set

edit: That being said, I still tell my team to hold deeps because I'm lame

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hold dps?

Don't you know that people are going to laugh at you on the internet for that extra 4.5 minutes of fight time combined in all 4 bossfights?

Your life will be like, totally over.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Hold dps?

Don't you know that people are going to laugh at you on the internet for that extra 4.5 minutes of fight time combined in all 4 bossfights?

Your life will be like, totally over.

is this the hunts thread gtfo we take pve seriously

p.s. nerf blm