1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 160 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The Binding Coil of Bahamut, Act 2: Tail Slap is frontal, guys.

After looking around haphazardly, I couldn't really find anywhere centralized for information/strategy for Turn 6-9, so I figured may as well make one. I'm sure there are people who don't want to share whatever information they've accrued, but I'm not one of them. Drops, accuracy, fight mechanics, whatever. I'll try to format the post a bit better after class, it's a pain in the ass on my phone.

Turn 6

Mechanics

There's nothing really to the part before the boss. The crystal things will keep spitting out golems until you destroy them so make those your priority unless you're spiritbinding. The golems themselves have pretty low HP from what I could tell. I was missing these with 478 accuracy from the front infrequently.

The boss has a vulnerability mechanic that will necessitate tank swapping much like ADS. It also has a damage stack mechanic like Caduceus. It gains a stack for every person it draws in with Floral [something]. You can tell this is coming because someone will have a yellow ball over their head signifying that they're the target of the draw-in. That person needs to run into a brier patch spawning by the saplings that spawn continuously. Everyone else needs to get behind the boss because the draw-in is conal. You'll probably want to kill at least one of the saplings every time a group spawns because if you leave them all you'll run out of space to maneuver. There's probably a way to remove the stacks but I never figured it out last night. People will occasionally get tethered to one another. To break this tether you need to run at max speed in opposite directions.

At 70% (and occasionally thereafter) it will use Blighted Bouquet. Everyone needs to cease ALL ACTION. No casting, GCD-ing, raising, moving, nothing. Blighted Bouquet will do damage based on how many actions you performed while it was casting. It takes a good 4-5 seconds to go off and if you perform more than one or two actions it'll kill you. Edit: Apparently you only need to be not performing actions when the casting finishes. How far you want to push your luck is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Crizto View Post
    My group last night was getting to the last phase consistently, but it was still pretty chaotic compared to the phases prior.
    I'm curious as to how other people are handling the adds. I'll try to add information about sub 40% as that's where people look to be the most unclear so far or have the least experience with.

Bees/Honey: Boss gives you the Honey debuff which makes a bee spawn. No honey debuff = no bee. You will always get the first bee because it is queued to spawn right after the boss gives the debuff. Afterwards, you can choose to get sucked in and have the boss remove the honey debuff, thus eliminating bee spawns. Bees don't seem like a big issue before 40% but I'll bring up why you may want to consider intentionally feeding.

Sub 40% (Last phase): Begins with Leafstorm which is a weak AoE. Immediately after, 3 slugs spawn which have very low HP (~6000?). Boss casts Acid Rain, which is a ground target AoE on 3 random people. A slime spawns where the AoE lands; these slimes do not move and have a ranged auto attack. Slugs will eat the slimes when they are sub 50%; a slug can eat multiple slimes. More slimes eaten makes the slug stronger and stronger. Slugs cast Acidic Ooze which is another AoE; you're essentially dead if a slug ate 2 slimes as this AoE will wreck you most of the time. It is manageable if each slug at 1 slime.

We had issues making sure Slugs ate one slime each even despite spreading slimes out a bit and having Slugs at 50% at the same time, so we did a few pulls at the end of the night to try and ignore the mechanic. We intentionally killed slugs with LB2 the moment they spawn, and then placed Acid Rain on one end of the arena. Boss was planned to move to the opposite side so we could out-range the slimes auto attack. The slimes hurt a lot too.

We were a bit too tired to really get anything decent with that strategy, but that was our plan. You can successfully eat the "laser" mechanic the boss does when it only has 2 stacks. We also were feeding all Honey debuffs because getting any bees during that sub 40% part was becoming too much to handle. The damage the boss dishes out at 2 stacks was still manageable. At that point it really is just a burn phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    I wrote a Turn 6 guide for my Free Company if anyone is interested. Video included in the post.

http://curiaregis.guildwork.com/foru...9-turn-6-guide

Drops: High Allagan Circlet of Fending, High Allagan Earring of Aiming (unconfirmed), High Allagan Bracelet of Fending (no screenshot), High Allagan Belt of Aiming, High Allagan Sabatons of Fending, High Allagan Belt of Striking, High Allagan Earring of Healing, High Allagan Gauntlets of Maiming, High Allagan Boots of Aiming

Turn 7

Mechanics

???

Drops: High Allagan Earrings of Fending, High Allagan Bracelet of Healing, High Allagan Trousers of Fending, High Allagan Sabatons of Maiming, Oil of Time, Unidentified Allagan Tomestone

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Boss will periodically do giant conal suck-in. It gains stacks in proportion to people drawn in, stacks increase damage done by all attacks. Avoid draw in by standing in briar or by other super-awesome mechanics.

65% starts honey-glazed phase. One person will get marked with honey, Dark Matter Hornet will go for them. If not handled in a timely manner it will Qarn your face off for 30,000 damage.

Red light, green light continues during all of this.

40% starts next phase. I have nothing constructive to add about this.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Burning the boss seemed much easier than killing bulbs, tanks need to be mobile and vocal if they are coming across to avoid cleave.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

For red light, green light, do auto attacks count?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    For red light, green light, do auto attacks count?
    Believe so. I've been in the habit of hitting Z and disengaging. MT turns around.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Didn't seem like it. I didn't turn away and still took no damage.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I thought autoattacks counted

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I thought autoattacks counted
    I didn't turn and took no damage, hit it atleast once

Rafflesia has a rather strict attack pattern. I can't confirm if she maintains this pattern throught the entire fight as I have yet to get passed the Blighted Bouquet (one shot kill) phase.

The pattern is as follows:

Blood Caress (adds one stack of vulnerability up on the target) > Thorn Whip 2-way (chains two people together, run away to break the chain) > Binary Growth (spawns the bulbs) > Bloody Caress > Thorn Whip 3-Way (chains three people together; during this attack Rafflesia will mark one target with a symbol over their head) > Floral Trap (sucks in the designated target that Rafflesia marked during the Thorn Whip attack) > Devour (eats the target and anyone caught in the conal) > Spit (AoE damage, gains a stack for every player she eats, deals more AoE damage the more people she eats) > Repeat.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Onyxium Asurai
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

We were getting mixed results on that. Tanks seemed to be OK auto-attacking. BRD's on the other hand, were not. Could have just been lag though, there was a lot of it last night.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Araius View Post
    We were getting mixed results on that. Tanks seemed to be OK auto-attacking. BRD's on the other hand, were not. Could have just been lag though, there was a lot of it last night.
    Our BRD definitely ate shit and attributed it to an AA at least once.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Thorn Whip attaches to a healer and someone else that isn't top hate. For 3 way chain, the healer is the "anchor" that 2 other people get chained to. I forgot to note the peculiarities of 4-way chain.

Edit: Yea, the anchor is random when it comes to 3-way chain. Seems the first day we did it, RNG just made the healer always be the center. The healer still gets chained no matter how many chains it is though.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

To be more specific on the draw-in > devour, think like WP first boss Goobbue where the suction and following move are closely-linked but avoiding one doesn't mean you avoid the other.

The person with yellow over their head is the target, but it will suck in ANYONE in a frontal cone towards that person that is not rooted by thorns. THEN it will devour anyone in front of it in a cone almost 180 degrees (I'd ballpark like 10y) in front of that new direction it is facing. We've gotten a tank and our melee eaten once or twice this way.

So essentially you need to make a judgment call for whether you, as a non-yellow, need to get into thorns to root yourself or if you can outrun the cone relative to yellow'd (when say yellow is far left, and right side is free or something).

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    For 3 way chain, the healer is the "anchor" that 2 other people get chained to. I forgot to note the peculiarities of 4-way chain.
    I had 2 chains on me more than once as an off tank. Maybe one healer was dead those times, but definitely not both.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    I had 2 chains on me more than once as an off tank. Maybe one healer was dead those times, but definitely not both.
    I might be wrong then or having a healer dead messes with the AI but for us, the healer seemed to always be the anchor.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Here's a reddit thread I replied to. It has some useful information.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen..._6_strategies/

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I was definitely the anchor a few times with the 2 chains thorns, as BRD. I doubt both or either healer was dead every time I was the anchor.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Our BRD definitely ate shit and attributed it to an AA at least once.
    Aye, AA fucked me for sure. Removed hands from KB and Mouse.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Results seem to be random with attack actions, but ability actions and movements will fuck you. One time I did a full butcher's combo and took no damage from it. One time I used berserk during it and took 6k (as a tank). One time I did absolutely NOTHING and ate 10k. One time I swear a I jiggled a bit and took 0 damage, but that was probably a fluke.

There were many instances where I auto attacked and took 0 damage.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sub 40% is supposedly a DPS race where most mechanics stop except for the inhale. Except it gets a stack every inhale and there's nothing you can do about it.