1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 7 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 2 hours, 31 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 196 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    I just had heard of people getting the quest with only the Sword Zenith'd, and not the Shield, which raised concerns with how that would progress. Also, whether I can get Atma with my Allagan Shield equipped doing the fates
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...tana_atma_and/

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If they Atma'd the sword only they probably didn't have the holy shield on or it wasn't zenith

EDIT: After rereading, I get your question. I'm sure it would work just the same as far as advancing goes. I guess the shield part of the atma set would always be open until you completed it

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Yeah I feel like you didn't even read my post.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Needing to equip relic Zenith is annoying if it's not your best in slot. Constant switching and you just know you're going to forget at some point.
    I seriously doubt having Allagan anything on over a relic when level synced would make anything different in your damage and performance.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

sometimes at work I have to actually work I misread some pieces

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Yeah I feel like you didn't even read my post.

Just need the sword equipt to get Atma. Its in the thread I posted for you....

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Just need the sword equipt to get Atma. Its in the thread I posted for you....
    I thought you were responding to:

I just had heard of people getting the quest with only the Sword Zenith'd, and not the Shield

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Finally got first atma after 6 hours on and off.

Thank all the based gods. We can defeat this Tanaka influence if we believe.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

If you start the quest as one job and then switch to another job that has a zenith weapon can you still get the atma drop?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

To get atma drops, you must meet three requirements.

1) You must have a Zenith weapon equipped.
    2) You must have completed the quest that actually introduces you to the concept of Atmas.
    3) Make sure you have inventory space!!! Atmas are items!

Since the Atmas are mere inventory items that are in no way associated to the job you obtained them on, the job you get the Atmas on is completely irrelevant.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I seriously doubt having Allagan anything on over a relic when level synced would make anything different in your damage and performance.

I was going to reply with the same thing, but i reread it a couple of times and I think he saying if you come off from doing something else that requires your gear, and you have some downtime or time to kill and decide to fates, you will forget to switch to it.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Theoretically if you only have one well-geared 50 with a relic Zenith, you could just gouge out your eyeballs and get 9 sets of each atma on that one job to save the rest for later. That's what I'm reading from this.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

So I just got my last atma, holy fuck am I glad to be done with that grind. I went and checked the NPC there was 4 category for my staff, Vit, Int, Spell Speed Determination, each at a number next to it.

Vit had 0/3 Int 0/3 Spell Speed 0/2 and Determination 0/1. So all 9 books are there and present >.> now to get the 16,500 mythology to complete this thing.. augh lol ;-;

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Finished Artemis Bow Atma in about 8 hours or so. I actually got two the of the same atma to drop at the same time (two fates ended right next to each other); it was the Atma of the Scorpion. People keep yelling at me; apparently I was mega lucky.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

In case for some reason the whole "do I have to wear the shield" thing is still happening, I got Atma of the Lion with noct shield on.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mirai Amariyo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

A Combined total of 18 hours of dedicating my time to nothing but Atma farming has produced 5/12 Atmas.
    THE SYSTEM WORKS.

(if you've managed to obtain more in less time, fuck you, and fuck you twice.)
    ((I'm sure there are people who have dedicated more time for less, you are exempt from this fuck you))

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tieffy Wieffy
    FFXIV Server
    Gungnir
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Adjustments to drop rates. Please look forward to it.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I think the system is fine compared to the shit we went through in XI, I kept track of how many fates it took me to get all 12, 486 fates to complete it. That is nothing compared to the 1,000+ Qilins I've done for a coriscanti or the 3 years I spent on my kogarasumaru, or anything that was in XI lol. This is a fucking breeze.. easiest 29hrs I've ever dedicated to a single thing.

However, my friend that had just resubbed to the game and got all 12 atma in about 8hrs can go fuck themselves lol, that is some stupid crazy luck. 700 mythos off from my first tome I'll post more information on the book I pick up and what all the trials are tied to it.. everywhere I look is so cryptic.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mirai Amariyo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I think the system is fine compared to the shit we went through in XI, I kept track of how many fates it took me to get all 12, 486 fates to complete it. That is nothing compared to the 1,000+ Qilins I've done for a coriscanti or the 3 years I spent on my kogarasumaru, or anything that was in XI lol. This is a fucking breeze.. easiest 29hrs I've ever dedicated to a single thing.

However, my friend that had just resubbed to the game and got all 12 atma in about 8hrs can go fuck themselves lol, that is some stupid crazy luck. 700 mythos off from my first tome I'll post more information on the book I pick up and what all the trials are tied to it.. everywhere I look is so cryptic.
    i'd be much more happy with something that presented an actual challenge, rather than relying purely on rng.
    Thinking back to 2.0 bitching about Titan HM for Relic, but maybe amp up the difficulty on that...
    I'd be ok with 12~ fights against HNMs or something of the like for Atmas. with the difficulty of the current EX fights.

There's just something that feels degrading about having to go burn Lv7 fates (in some locations) to attain the "ultimate power"

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Apeman View Post
    If you start the quest as one job and then switch to another job that has a zenith weapon can you still get the atma drop?
    oh god this is what i'm most worried about and i can't find an answer