1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 196 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

yes. the atma aren't weapon specific, you only begin the path for specific weapons after trading in all 12 atmas.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Finished Artemis Bow Atma in about 8 hours or so. I actually got two the of the same atma to drop at the same time (two fates ended right next to each other); it was the Atma of the Scorpion. People keep yelling at me; apparently I was mega lucky.
    That's the one I went 1/1 on last night, lol

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nine hours in, first drop.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

so i bought my first book but...im confused about the fates i need, i can't find any info about them, anyone got any clue?;o

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    That's the one I went 1/1 on last night, lol
    I went 1/1 on Atma of the Scorpion as well. than I went to East Shroud right after, grinded for about 6 hours and still no atma. ; ;

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So I just *happened* to pick the bitchiest one to start? FML.... and fuck the east shroud map.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiernin View Post
    Adjustments to drop rates. Please look forward to it.
    ^

I ain't doin none of this shit.

(that said I got the crab atma 1/1 while doing a FATE for sahagin daily, lol)

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    I went 1/1 on Atma of the Scorpion as well.
    Crazy, I also went 1/1 on Scorpion from the Hilde zombie fate, lol.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Coren View Post
    So I just *happened* to pick the bitchiest one to start? FML.... and fuck the east shroud map.
    No, Lower La Noscea is way worse. Only one teleport and it's no where near the northern FATEs.

Word of advice to anyone having hard time with Atma, camp a spot for an hour l, if no drop move on to a different spot and repeat. Dont beat yourself by staying too long in one area unless its your last.

Spent 3 hours in Eastern Than yesterday with no drop, left and did western La Noscea 1/4 and north la nocea 1/3 in less than an hour WHILE busying myself with other stuff.

No sense in burning out this soon.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

True enough. I gave up actively seeking dis shit. Yoshi will probably 2.25 troll everyone with drop update anyways, I'll hardcore it when I've completed other stuff, I guess.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Grieverbk View Post
    i'd be much more happy with something that presented an actual challenge, rather than relying purely on rng.
    Thinking back to 2.0 bitching about Titan HM for Relic, but maybe amp up the difficulty on that...
    Isn't that what High Allagan weapons are for?

Strong weapons without the skill to beat the highest tier content = atma.
    Strong weapons with the skill to beat the highest tier content = High Allagan.

Something for everyone. I fail to see the issue. Both involve lots of work for their reward. If you want something challenging, then challenge yourself to find 7 others, clear the content, then win the RNG droprate for the sweet weapon.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    so i bought my first book but...im confused about the fates i need, i can't find any info about them, anyone got any clue?;o
    Hover over the image and it should give you some information about the stuff, or be more descriptive, I'm still 600 mythos away from my first book /:

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Word of advice to anyone having hard time with Atma, camp a spot for an hour l, if no drop move on to a different spot and repeat. Dont beat yourself by staying too long in one area unless its your last.

Spent 3 hours in Eastern Than yesterday with no drop, left and did western La Noscea 1/4 and north la nocea 1/3 in less than an hour WHILE busying myself with other stuff.

No sense in burning out this soon.
    I legitimately would not be surprised if there was some sort of gimmick to drop rates. Like increased rates for certain races or deity thingys during certain zones at set time periods. There doesn't really seem to be a medium amongst people I know. Everyone I know either takes 75-100+ or gets it within their first couple within a new zone.

More likely that random is just random but yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if it was something like that.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I have come to the disturbing realization that I have spent hours now running around in a giant rolling group of people, mindlessly slaying endless mobs of no challenge whatsoever, hoping for a low percentage RNG to award me a specific drop.

The only way this shit isn't Dynamis is that the sun is out and I'm not paying gil for the experience.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Like I said before its not namis, namis was better. You only did it two days a week. This you could end up doing for the next week, and then again in 2.25. and again in 2.3. if they do not change it LOL

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

waiting Giant Seps fate worst thing fucking ever

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I legitimately would not be surprised if there was some sort of gimmick to drop rates. Like increased rates for certain races or deity thingys during certain zones at set time periods. There doesn't really seem to be a medium amongst people I know. Everyone I know either takes 75-100+ or gets it within their first couple within a new zone.

More likely that random is just random but yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if it was something like that.
    It's just mindless bashing of low level mobs for a 1-5% chance of drop, lol.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    maybe players are not behaving as intended.
    Its Yoshida's answer to "EXP only" discrimination =p

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I think the system is fine compared to the shit we went through in XI, I kept track of how many fates it took me to get all 12, 486 fates to complete it. That is nothing compared to the 1,000+ Qilins I've done for a coriscanti or the 3 years I spent on my kogarasumaru, or anything that was in XI lol.
    I just spent 12h in Middle La Noscea for nothing, so I strongly disagree with you. I would do VWNMS/Old dynamys or hell even 30k Alexandrite any time, but this? NO.

Edit: There is absolutely no point in doing what they did, all it does is frustrating & enrage ppl who spend hours to see the others that walk in, get it & leave.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm going to do my first book tomorrow and see if it does anything (probably not untill you complete the 9 of them).

Atma grinding is not that bad in the sense of time spent, I'll probably spend x20 that time trying to get all 13500 myth for a weapon I'll probably never use, what's bad is not having a progress bar or something so it doesn't feel like you're wasting time if it doesn't drop... You don't know if it's gonna drop the next fate or in 120 more.

I just hope they let you customize the stats in whatever way you want them, because MNK relic kind of sucks and upgrading it with 13500 myths only to have it be the same thing with a higher stat budget would feel like a kick in the nuts.