1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 8 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 196 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Akirra Krylon
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Finished the atma grind, now the myth grind begins. ._.

guessing the fastest myth run atm is boss 1+2 then exit Brayflox HM?
    Yup - do bulk pulls and you can finish first 2 bosses in ~10 minutes for 50 myth. Was doing this with a FC group and got a ton of myth in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    I've been having dropped combos all weekend and sometimes if I attempt to interact with an object, it locks my controls for 10~ seconds. My roommate has been utterly without incident, only difference is I'm on wifi and she's wired in.
    I honestly think it depends on which "world" you get when you enter the dungeons. I've entered Brayflox a ton of times this weekend and some runs I have no lag, and other runs I get the dropped combos/item interaction lock.

Wired connection. FiOS. NYC Area if that helps.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

I considered that, but we were running together. FiOS in Metro-DC area, but it boggled that I was getting issues and she wasn't despite being in the same zone/house/everything.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    It could be something like that.
    A default % for a single Atma to drop, per FATE, and then it's assigned to a random FATE participant.

Would be disproved, I guess, if 2 or more players get the Atma from the same FATE at the same time.
    Yesterday I asked in my party if anyone ever saw someone getting an atma to drop in same time as them, only one answered yes. So my theory must be wrong at some points. The person couldn't give me more informations on which fate & if the other guy was doing the same fate as they saw someone saying it in /sh.

Also, someone reported getting 2 atmas at once after participating in 2 different Fate that finished simultaneously (I don't recall if it was here or on the OF) but I saw it somewhere.

Funnily enough, yesterday I got my atma of the ram (the 10th one) (Middle La Noscea) in the pugils fate & we were only 4 doing it. I got it after a solid 26h farming.

So I really don't know, it does really seems that you're most able to get it if there is not alot of people doing the same fate as you, but I also soloed/duoed fates in the Beastmen regions often & it took time, which kind of contradict the previous statement in a way.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

3/12 in around 12hrs farming. Trying my best to keep this grind going.

Such brain damage.(literally) I found myself FATEing yesterday in a zone I had already got the Atma from....

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

I did that briefly Saturday night after taking a break to purge seals and refill my whiskey. I'm suspecting one of those two things had something to do with it. Thankfully caught myself before obtaining a second one.

I suggest talking to someone over VOIP or having music/tv/movies/something on to keep yourself from thinking too much about the task at hand.

also liquor

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

At work, so to lazy to read the entire thread, but here's a few tips.. that may help you? O_o

1. You do not need gold rank to obtain an atma, you can get it at bronze (not possible to confirm if it lowers chance or not, as its already somewhat shitty drop rate anyway)
    2. You can get an atma losing a fate.
    3. The RNG gods do not care grouped or not, I got a few within 1-3 fates, others under 7 hours of nonstop fate spam.

With the above info I basically ran around jumped into a fate, just aoe'ed blasted few things, and ran to another if there was a fate somewhere else, got a few done this way.

P.S. the atma farm is just the start. As mentioned after that you need to work on 1,500 tome books. This totals 13,500 myths, 27 fates, 27 leves, 27 dungeons (9 total books)

tip, use something like xivdb to findout locations of fates (some of the fates, require another fate to be finished before appearing), and where a leve comes from if your unsure, or don't see it. Leve's can randomly be from the GC NPC (any of the 3 nations).

tip spam brayflox like a mofo, before SE decides to nerf it and or hatalia. (I prefer brayflox) 1 war, 2 blm, and a sch (not sure how well whm will do) and you can do runs in about 6-8min.

(this requires some near ilvl90 people to pull off, you need to pull less if you lag, or have crap dps/tank/healer)

How to brayflox
    Pull from start -> to ramp
    aoe all of it
    get key -> open door -> do "mob lockout" (standing near the line) or have blm sleep adds if they sleep (seems to resist).
    Fight boss -> ignore adds

2nd part
    stoneskin -> adaq aoe -> adaq mt
    run along right side -> pull 3 packs of gobs -> stack
    use bubble -> spam heals -> go to boss room
    ignore adds -> done/repeat above.

sch helps dps boss/adds a bit as eos can somewhat cover healing for a bit as is when its buffed.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Do I just toss the book once I've completed it?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If I sync during a FATE can I unsync (running to another FATE) and still get credit?

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Drac View Post
    Do I just toss the book once I've completed it?
    I recommend keeping it, as you get another book, it replaces the last one, so your "key items" won't be overloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    If I sync during a FATE can I unsync (running to another FATE) and still get credit?
    yes you can run in, smack some stuff, unsync/run out to another fate and still get a atma.
    As mentioned, I have absolutely no clue if bronze - silver - gold affect your chances, it could be rng, or not matter, I would do enough for a gold and run to another.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    How to brayflox
    aoe all of it
    get key -> open door -> do "mob lockout" (standing near the line) or have blm sleep adds if they sleep (seems to resist).
    One of the two soldiers drops the first key. It is possible to pull every mob before the first boss, have the DPS kill the soldiers for the key, one opens the gate, pulls the boss, tank waits outside the purple line, then jumps in right before the barrier goes up to lock out everything else. If the tank immediately goes to the purple line, there are too many mobs and they displace each other into the arena. With the current instance lag, this is not really possible, and it's kind of a pain in the ass regardless, but if you run it a million times and have a good tank, it's possible. I have a mediocre i80 PLD and did it once as an experiment. That said, you're only saving like a minute, so may not be worth the brain damage / potential death.

Yesterday I asked in my party if anyone ever saw someone getting an atma to drop in same time as them, only one answered yes. So my theory must be wrong at some points.
    Well, not necessarily.

I'm inclined to think that the game randomly generates Atma loot pools for each FATE - meaning you can still get 0 Atma on a single FATE, or maybe 2 or even 3 - and then it randomly assigns those items between all partecipants.

A system designed like so would, in fact, generate the shitstorm that is currenly happening.
    With so many people coming and going and Atmas not being 100%, there plenty of chances for a single player to keep grinding for hours to no avail.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    At work, so to lazy to read the entire thread, but here's a few tips.. that may help you? O_o

1. You do not need gold rank to obtain an atma, you can get it at bronze (not possible to confirm if it lowers chance or not, as its already somewhat shitty drop rate anyway)
    2. You can get an atma losing a fate.
    3. The RNG gods do not care grouped or not, I got a few within 1-3 fates, others under 7 hours of nonstop fate spam.

With the above info I basically ran around jumped into a fate, just aoe'ed blasted few things, and ran to another if there was a fate somewhere else, got a few done this way.

P.S. the atma farm is just the start. As mentioned after that you need to work on 1,500 tome books. This totals 13,500 myths, 27 fates, 27 leves, 27 dungeons (9 total books)

tip, use something like xivdb to findout locations of fates (some of the fates, require another fate to be finished before appearing), and where a leve comes from if your unsure, or don't see it. Leve's can randomly be from the GC NPC (any of the 3 nations).

tip spam brayflox like a mofo, before SE decides to nerf it and or hatalia. (I prefer brayflox) 1 war, 2 blm, and a sch (not sure how well whm will do) and you can do runs in about 6-8min.

(this requires some near ilvl90 people to pull off, you need to pull less if you lag, or have crap dps/tank/healer)

How to brayflox
    aoe all of it

2nd part
    stoneskin -> adaq aoe -> adaq mt
    run along right side -> pull 3 packs of gobs -> stack
    use bubble -> spam heals -> go to boss room
    ignore adds -> done/repeat above.

sch helps dps boss/adds a bit as eos can somewhat cover healing for a bit as is when its buffed.
    Thats an absolutely helpful compendium, thank you for that.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    A system designed like so would, in fact, generate the shitstorm that is currenly happening.
    With so many people coming and going and Atmas not being 100%, there plenty of chances for a single player to keep grinding for hours to no avail.
    Its what I think it is, sorry did not see your reply early.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    One of the two soldiers drops the first key. It is possible to pull every mob before the first boss, have the DPS kill the soldiers for the key, one opens the gate, pulls the boss, tank waits outside the purple line, then jumps in right before the barrier goes up to lock out everything else. If the tank immediately goes to the purple line, there are too many mobs and they displace each other into the arena. With the current instance lag, this is not really possible, and it's kind of a pain in the ass regardless, but if you run it a million times and have a good tank, it's possible. I have a mediocre i80 PLD and did it once as an experiment. That said, you're only saving like a minute, so may not be worth the brain damage / potential death.
    Yeah thats also possible, but theirs so many mobs, and picking out the 2 you need to kill as the tank runs around trying to avoid cone attacks is one hell of a cluster fuck even if their marked can be rough.

But yeah that would be faster to do it that way, but theirs a little margin for error doing it i think, especially when sitting on that purple line.

Had more success just aoeing everything myself, if everything would actually sleep would work great though everytime and save a good min+

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So using the FATE achievement as a tracker, my brother had at 2-3% drop rate on Atma. Anyone else after a large sample size getting similar?

Also, the best (maybe worst) part of this system is that due to frustration it will require people to choose one job and say fuck the rest, so not everyone will be wearing Relic Animus's like they are with Zenith's.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

I'd say that on account of the myth/book reqs you're not going to see many people with more than one Animus set. Atma, maybe, if you're crazy and want the seals or something on the way.

Early prediction: 2.25 sees either A) Increase in Atma droprate or B) Slightly cheaper books. 2.3 increases ilvl to 110 after the next step.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Up to personal preference but Haukke Manor took us exactly 10 minutes every run and gives 50 myth too for people that lag during brayflox.

Also just to add, I needed wtfast for titan, but haven't needed it for titan HM or extreme since 2.2. On the other hand, brayflox still lagged for me while using wtfast.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tieffy Wieffy
    FFXIV Server
    Gungnir
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Do the 2 atma in central than drop everywhere or in spec area?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Tiernin View Post
    Do the 2 atma in central than drop everywhere or in spec area?
    only one drops there, it's a typo. maiden drops in central shroud

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    3/12 in around 12hrs farming. Trying my best to keep this grind going.

Such brain damage.(literally) I found myself FATEing yesterday in a zone I had already got the Atma from....
    I did them in order so I didn't lose my way. I think it took me something like 24 hours to get all 12. I went 1/1 on 3 of them.
    Not sure I'll do it again.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm 30 hours in and only have six. Shit's depressing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 196 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast