1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 14 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 3 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 6 hours, 14 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 196 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Someone mentioned this already but it was incredibly helpful so I'll repeat his advice:

If you don't get drop in an hour, go to the next zone and try. Usually if I don't get them in an hour, I had spent 3+ hours with no drop. After trying going from zone to zone, I got the drop within 30 minutes each for my last 5.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgameshx View Post
    Someone mentioned this already but it was incredibly helpful so I'll repeat his advice:

If you don't get drop in an hour, go to the next zone and try. Usually if I don't get them in an hour, I had spent 3+ hours with no drop. After trying going from zone to zone, I got the drop within 30 minutes each for my last 5.
    Greg I would suggest just toughing it out in one zone, RNG is RNG and there is nothing that we know that can be done to influence it, I've gone 1/9 on 3 atma, and 1/3xx on ram. Shits random lol.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    So using the FATE achievement as a tracker, my brother had at 2-3% drop rate on Atma. Anyone else after a large sample size getting similar?

Also, the best (maybe worst) part of this system is that due to frustration it will require people to choose one job and say fuck the rest, so not everyone will be wearing Relic Animus's like they are with Zenith's.
    I don't know the exact amount but I know I have done at least 467 FATEs due to an achievement ding. That was around 2 hours after I started and I've farmed ~24-28 hours. So I'd guesstimate I'm around the 500-515 mark.

I have 6 Atmas so that works out at around 1.2% for me.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tieffy Wieffy
    FFXIV Server
    Gungnir
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I made a macro with /levelsync
    It has been the most helpful so far lol

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

its just a matter of sanity. Change of scenery can help change ur demeaner towards the RNG. Grinding 12hrs in 1 zone will drive me mad personally.

i cried when I got my first atma @ 2 hours today

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    i cried when I got my first atma @ 2 hours today
    I almost did. Haven't seen one since, though. At this rate it'll take me..4.8k fates to get my 12.

RIP

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I don't know the exact amount but I know I have done at least 467 FATEs due to an achievement ding. That was around 2 hours after I started and I've farmed ~24-28 hours. So I'd guesstimate I'm around the 500-515 mark.

I have 6 Atmas so that works out at around 1.2% for me.
    Friend of mine got 10 Atmas over the course of 250 FATEs. I'm not sure how much more the last 2 took. He got one on day of patch, one on friday, 8 on Sunday and the final 2 yesterday.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    1. You do not need gold rank to obtain an atma, you can get it at bronze (not possible to confirm if it lowers chance or not, as its already somewhat shitty drop rate anyway)
    2. You can get an atma losing a fate.
    3. The RNG gods do not care grouped or not, I got a few within 1-3 fates, others under 7 hours of nonstop fate spam.

With the above info I basically ran around jumped into a fate, just aoe'ed blasted few things, and ran to another if there was a fate somewhere else, got a few done this way.
    I thought I would add to this. Here are some things I learnt while farming fates to rank up a solo FC.

• points awarded regardless of results (pass/fail/gold/etc).
    • points awarded are same whether you kill one or 6 mobs, but no points if none killed.
    • length/damage dealt does not seem to matter in boss fates. arrived with 6s left, one aero casted, got completion bonus.
    • you still get points even after level un-syncing for a low level fate.
    • no points if you leave the zone before fate ends.
    • still get points if you're dead as long as you're still in the zone.
    • still get points if you teleport to a crystal in the same zone.

Basically, as long as you get the "FATE COMPLETED" message, you'll get credit.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Felius Nightfox
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

To keep my sanity I pretty much did what was posted above, if one zone was getting boring I'd jump to the next. Was annoying that most of my atma took 2~4hrs+ to get, each. I think only 2 of them I got within 30 minutes of being in one zone. Then there were a few LS members that got all their atma day one with only 1~2hrs in each zone at one time >_> Also, do dungeons to give yourself a break. You need the myth anyways.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Got my 3rd atma while doing beastman dailies >.>

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

It's interesting to hear you don't need gold. I've turned away from FATEs after seeing them at like 75+% completion when I get there knowing I'd only get bronze.

The really low level ones are horrendous on BLM. I mean the ones before you have access to Blizzard II. Good to know if I get bronze I still have a chance.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    It's interesting to hear you don't need gold. I've turned away from FATEs after seeing them at like 75+% completion when I get there knowing I'd only get bronze.

The really low level ones are horrendous on BLM. I mean the ones before you have access to Blizzard II. Good to know if I get bronze I still have a chance.
    Made my stardust rod atma but I zenithed my smn book for low lvl fate reasons. Could set bliz2 as my first cross class skill and have bio as an instant cast. Some zones had SO many players I could get a single fire or blizzard 1 off in the low lvl fates.

plus pet gives extra dps/credit. chocobo out to heal me when I was soloing a fate that I couldn't use titan on either.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I had a thought on drops. Wasn't there a thread for a while in the beginning of the game that the chocobo was taking drops from the person who had it out? I think this was in relation to diremite web farming in this specific topic. Did they ever fix that? Because I'm wondering if my Chocobo has been getting my atma drops.....

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Made my stardust rod atma but I zenithed my smn book for low lvl fate reasons. Could set bliz2 as my first cross class skill and have bio as an instant cast. Some zones had SO many players I could get a single fire or blizzard 1 off in the low lvl fates.

plus pet gives extra dps/credit. chocobo out to heal me when I was soloing a fate that I couldn't use titan on either.
    It's a good idea but that's 900 Myth for a weapon I'll never use or upgrade and when I need 13500 for stage two I don't really want to. However if I cap Myth before I finish stage 1 I may get the PLD weapon. I hear spamming Flash is very good too and it's less Myth due to the shield being separate, plus I may actually upgrade it some day.

Spent half an hour farming last night before I realised I had my Leviathan weapon equipped. Got to be careful with that shit if Zenith isn't your best weapon. Going to stick the command for equipping Zenith in my level sync macro tonight just in case it happens again.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I had a thought on drops. Wasn't there a thread for a while in the beginning of the game that the chocobo was taking drops from the person who had it out? I think this was in relation to diremite web farming in this specific topic. Did they ever fix that? Because I'm wondering if my Chocobo has been getting my atma drops.....
    If he shows up with a really bling saddle in the next few days, you know the answer...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    It's a good idea but that's 900 Myth for a weapon I'll never use or upgrade and when I need 13500 for stage two I don't really want to. However if I cap Myth before I finish stage 1 I may get the PLD weapon. I hear spamming Flash is very good too and it's less Myth due to the shield being separate, plus I may actually upgrade it some day.
    I already had a dual haken but I still zenithed my bravura for the same reasons. Sometimes it's faster to just charge in, flash/overpower to some red marks, let the zerg kill them, then run off. I figured that by the time I was done with any one set of atma, I'd have more than made up for the 900 myth just from the convenience factor alone.

Neither do I intend to zerg them all out in a few days. I'm just going to do fates for an hour a day on weekdays. Maybe more on weekends. My play time is short enough and I want to get all my crafts/gatherers ready for 2.25 as well as personal housing. I was never much of a raider anyway so line of thought may not really apply to most folks here.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Camped that Giant Seps FATE for hours yesterday before it pop, felt like FFXI.

How do you levequest? Ive never done them before on 2.0. I opened the levequest for the areas that book asked me to, but I cant see the specific leves on the list which books asks. Will the leves refresh after reset, or do I just need to be grinding them until the correct one pops on the list? Thank you in advance.

The list refreshes after you complete a leve (it probably resets daily but it would be silly to wait for that).

Also, wait, you have to do leves as part of the process too? Are you fucking kidding? haha

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Elona View Post
    Camped that Giant Seps FATE for hours yesterday before it pop, felt like FFXI.

How do you levequest? Ive never done them before on 2.0. I opened the levequest for the areas that book asked me to, but I cant see the specific leves on the list which books asks. Will the leves refresh after reset, or do I just need to be grinding them until the correct one pops on the list? Thank you in advance.
    I compared waiting for one of my FATEs to pop like waiting for Megalobugard, so the similarity is definitely not lost on everyone. The leves don't always come from the normal levemate guy, though. Make sure to check any Grand Company leves in the area, too. At worst you might need to do a couple offered and see if the list rolls through to what you need.

Edit: Beaten!

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    The list refreshes after you complete a leve (it probably resets daily but it would be silly to wait for that).

Also, wait, you have to do leves as part of the process too? Are you fucking kidding? haha
    Only 3 per. They're incredibly inconsequential, though they were mostly in zones where I needed trash or a FATE so it isn't too awful. Just something else to do in the zone while waiting for the next step.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 196 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast