1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -3 hours, -37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 12 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 196 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Relic / Atma / Zodiac / Novus / Nexus Weapon information

Post anything relating to the new Relic / Atma / Zodiac weapons here.

There are a few threads on Reddit with people who have unlocked the Atma versions of their weapon:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...my_relic_atma/

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen..._15h_straight/

Nexus Progress Tracker: http://files.bluegartr.com/785c7b6f3...aefefd5271.zip

Note that the tracker, at present, doesn't work if you log into an alt at any point without exiting the process.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If it wasn't for the retarded Atma farming it would be a pretty solid grind quest line IMO.

Running around doing pointless FATEs for hours on high level jobs (that are probably i90 if people are considering the quest) is full retard. I have yet to see an Atma in 50+ FATEs and a lot of people have done WAY more without seeing one.

Killing 100 mobs, doing 3 dungeons, FATEs and Guildhest is bad but atleast each step something is accomplished.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sharv View Post
    Post anything relating to the new Relic / Atma / Zodiac weapons here.

There are a few threads on Reddit with people who have unlocked the Atma versions of their weapon:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...my_relic_atma/

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen..._15h_straight/
    +2 to a stat for all that? Fuck me.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

100% fully agree. I really like the way they did step 2 though... if only they had gotten more creative with step 1. Hopefully subsequent steps will follow with the books.

Quote Originally Posted by fren. View Post
    +2 to a stat for all that? Fuck me.
    We don't know if it is a +2 per page or +2 for the entire book. We will probably get more information about that later tonight.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Maybe I read it wrong, but it sounded like he said to fully upgrade your atma to max is 9 books total but currently we can only buy 4. Each book will raise its corresponding stat by 2

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Do you have to do the atma grind per relic you own?

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yes

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Akirra Krylon
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

How does the Atma obtaining work exactly?

From the reddit posts it seems like people were saying "grinding FATEs in x area..."

Do you just do any FATE in the listed area or is it a specific fate in a specific area?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari View Post
    Do you have to do the atma grind per relic you own?
    Based on the questline you won't see too many people with Multiple upgraded relics. 13500 Myth per relic, lots of mobs and you need the 12 Atmas each time. (you can hold more then one of the same Atma FYI)

Quote Originally Posted by AkirraKrylon View Post
    How does the Atma obtaining work exactly?

From the reddit posts it seems like people were saying "grinding FATEs in x area..."

Do you just do any FATE in the listed area or is it a specific fate in a specific area?

Any FATE in the proper zones.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

6 hours last night and not a single drop.

Boo.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Based on the questline you won't see too many people with Multiple upgraded relics. 13500 Myth per relic, lots of mobs and you need the 12 Atmas each time. (you can hold more then one of the same Atma FYI)

Any FATE in the proper zones.
    WITH RELIC ZENITH EQUIPPED

Can't forget that

Also, I'm still fully confused by PLD Zodiac... I'm worried I will do the Atma for Sword and then have to do it again for shield to be able to get books for shield.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    WITH RELIC ZENITH EQUIPPED

Can't forget that

Also, I'm still fully confused by PLD Zodiac... I'm worried I will do the Atma for Sword and then have to do it again for shield to be able to get books for shield.

You don't need to do it with both. People already have the Atma Sword and Shield.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Part 1 of the quest is pretty stupid and ill conceived. It doesn't even take into consideration the lowbies that still like to do FATEs, esp in lvl 1-15 zones.

Yoshida, why you Tanaka me, bro?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Part 1 of the quest is pretty stupid and ill conceived. It doesn't even take into consideration the lowbies that still like to do FATEs, esp in lvl 1-15 zones.
    I would argue that it makes the lowbies' jobs easier, so helping out lowbies was probably part of the intent.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    You don't need to do it with both. People already have the Atma Sword and Shield.
    I just had heard of people getting the quest with only the Sword Zenith'd, and not the Shield, which raised concerns with how that would progress. Also, whether I can get Atma with my Allagan Shield equipped doing the fates

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

if there are 9 books, and we only have access to buy 4, how far off is the possibility that the other 5 potentially come from treasure chests? Didn't they add new items to that system?

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I would argue that it makes the lowbies' jobs easier, so helping out lowbies was probably part of the intent.
    I can see the intent, but here on Excalibur shit is getting mobbed down within 30-60 seconds of engagement. I can't see many lowbies benefiting when they don't even have a mount to race to FATEs, much less an AoE to tag mobs so they get credit (outside of GLD/Flash). It's why I emphasized lvls 1-15.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Needing to equip relic Zenith is annoying if it's not your best in slot. Constant switching and you just know you're going to forget at some point.

Given how solid most of Yoshida's decisions have been, I am still giving the whole Atma thing the benefit of the doubt.

As others have said, it just feels so stupid to push lv.50 players into grinding countless low level FATEs that - I don't know - maybe players are not behaving as intended.
    Or maybe they just screwed up and we'll have some sort of fix incoming.