1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 34 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 34 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 196 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I just spent 12h in Middle La Noscea for nothing, so I strongly disagree with you. I would do VWNMS/Old dynamys or hell even 30k Alexandrite any time, but this? NO.
    Bullshit.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The problem with Mythic wasn't really the 30k Alex (if you could afford it), it was the other requirements. Also, I doubt the longest a person farms Atmas for is going to compete with how long it took to make a relic in FFXI, even after they changed die-in-a-mess to daily entry and proc system.

But lets not kid ourselves. They could have done something better than this version of the FATE system they chose. It sucks.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

There's really no way you can defend this, tbh. It's a senseless, pointless grind that serves no function of testing skill or adequacy; it only drains tons of hours of your life and rewards you with nothing more than a new skin for the same weapon you've been wielding for months. The whole thing should start with the magian trial books, not the atmas.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Bullshit.
    I just decided to give up now & I still didn't get any atma (@ middle La noscea) still. I posted at 1.46AM my time, its now 4AM, that a littles less than 14h and 30 mins. For what? You can say BS over the 30k alex if you like, maybe I am extreme with that statement, or maybe you understood me as "I could farm 30k alex in 12h" which is not what I meant.

But at least you could count how many Alex you had acquired until you're done..

You can't count how many fates till you're done.. I will try again tomorrow, maybe i'll get it, maybe in a month i'll still need it who know? Thats the real bullshit. I'm 9/12 & I am exhausted of this lol.

Some people on the OF claim that they got the 12 in less then 12h, its unacceptable that some people should be rewarded the same when they put less effort & dedication into something than someone else who spend more time, just for the sake of their luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    There's really no way you can defend this, tbh. It's a senseless, pointless grind that serves no function of testing skill or adequacy; it only drains tons of hours of your life and rewards you with nothing more than a new skin for the same weapon you've been wielding for months. The whole thing should start with the magian trial books, not the atmas.

It does reward you with extreme frustration and rage. SE totaly got it right once again.

Hope I am not offending ppl with my post, I am sorry if I do.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    waiting Giant Seps fate worst thing fucking ever
    Did this finally spawn for you? Been waiting for a few hours now...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by aldo View Post
    Did this finally spawn for you? Been waiting for a few hours now...
    yea it did.. i finished my first book with it

and btw each book you buy depends when you finish it it give you the stats for it like 2 str/vit whatever lol

need 400more mytho for next one :/

will try to do it tomrorow ;3

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mirai Amariyo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Isn't that what High Allagan weapons are for?

Strong weapons without the skill to beat the highest tier content = atma.
    Strong weapons with the skill to beat the highest tier content = High Allagan.

Something for everyone. I fail to see the issue. Both involve lots of work for their reward. If you want something challenging, then challenge yourself to find 7 others, clear the content, then win the RNG droprate for the sweet weapon.
    I don't think I devalued the purpose or value of high allagan once in my post, but you're looking at a potential ilvl gap from 90 (zenith) to 115 (high allagan) in your example. Having something mid-tier as a potential roadblock for gear would make more sense. I have no problems with challenging T6+ with a group, I have one, but there's something seriously degrading about having to burn Lv7 fates for a fucking "relic" weapon, considering we had to beat something like Titan HM (which today is a joke, but that's beyond the fact) back in the day in order to attain the original.

Difficulty should scale, and in this case, it's taken a monumental leap backwards. This isn't difficult, it's just a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Pretty much how I feel, i'm doing it (atmas), but i guess that's why i'm saying it's bullshit.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari View Post
    Do you have to do the atma grind per relic you own?
    You can have multiple atma of the same kind. If you want to do the grind only once you can. It will take longer though.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tieffy Wieffy
    FFXIV Server
    Gungnir
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yeah I agree that it is a stupid system. Time sinks are fine if they make sense. This isn't progression as stated above. If it were specific fates that were more rare that would be different. But just grinding lvl 2 fates is beyond stupid. It would also be different if the end result was an actual decent weapon. But it is just; do all this shit, for a potentially awesome weapon, in god(yoshida) knows how long.

Please look forward to it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    Its Yoshida's answer to "EXP only" discrimination =p

I just spent 12h in Middle La Noscea for nothing, so I strongly disagree with you. I would do VWNMS/Old dynamys or hell even 30k Alexandrite any time, but this? NO.

Edit: There is absolutely no point in doing what they did, all it does is frustrating & enrage ppl who spend hours to see the others that walk in, get it & leave.
    It's annoying frustrating, infuriating, but Jesus why would you want a 30k alex system or the Coruscanti's drop rate from a specific monster?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mira Lefrune
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

So, after you finish a book do you have to toss it before getting a new one?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Detzu View Post
    It's annoying frustrating, infuriating, but Jesus why would you want a 30k alex system or the Coruscanti's drop rate from a specific monster?
    Because while you were doing Qilin you could get some money with the pounchs, so you were not completely wasting your time. The same goes for alexandrite, while farming them you were farming a gear that used to be very good for a long time.

Sure it was a time sink, but at least you still had a chance at getting something interesting if you did not get what you want. Here, even luck is with you or its not at all, it could take days/months before you see an atma, while people join for 15 mins (or less) and rub it in front of you. Yesterday I saw this happen more then I can recall, I never wanted to crush my comp so hard before.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Anyone wanting 30th alexandrite over this never actually tried gathering it. Sure this is bloody irritating but it is nothing like commitment you needed to complete a mythic weapon. And unlike a relic in xi you can't buy it or make other people farm it for you... pre 99 obviously.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

So far, I have 1 Atma. I've done around 250 Fates. For 1 atma. Yet people are getting 3-4 Atma within 50-100 fates. It's..beyond frustrating. I've tried every zone as well and so far the only one I've gotten has been from Central Thanalan. Beginning ot think I'm cursed.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

I did about 120 over 5 hours and got squat. My friend that made a dumb promise to stay until I got mine too got 3 during that time. Huehuehue.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Game feels like a chore to login to thanks to this quest. I will do it once but fuck my other jobs. Spent four hours in East Shroud last night getting nothing, while two guys in my FC got 3 or 4 in the same time including one of them going to East Shroud and getting theirs within an hour.

I've also noticed not many people doing actual content due to this shitty quest. I thought I'd be seeing loads of Leviathan and Moogle groups in the PF but I only see the odd one or two, surrounded by tonnes of FATE groups.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The struggle is over. East shroud/north shroud were 8hr+ east I had to take a break from but the rest was 20min-2hr a zone. Never again till update hits.

Why are you doing this if you don't want to do it? If you grind it out and spend 15 hours in a single area doing fates obviously you're gonna piss yourself off and burn out. And like you said, people are actually forgoing doing content to do this.

You have no one to blame if you burn out and get annoyed because you want to do this shit RIGHT NOW TODAY NOW. RNG is RNG, you either get lucky or you don't. I seriously don't get this community at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    This you could end up doing for the next week, and then again in 2.25. and again in 2.3. if they do not change it LOL
    This is the only thing I don't quite understand about adding in Legendary Weapons in this manner to a game that's going for rapid vertical progression. The supposed draw of legendary weapons of XI was that when you were done, you were done, and you had the best weapon of the class (well okay most of them were shit for the longest time, but the idea was there). In WoW Legendary weapons are added and then forgotten the next expansion, but they serve a significant lore function.

Here they're asking you to spend hundreds of hours grinding boring stuff...so you can get a sub-optimum weapon that you get to grind another couple hundred hours in the next patch? I mean, if I'm understanding the concept of zodiac weapons correctly that's what's going to happen, except I'd hazard a guess that the earlier stages will be made easier as they go on since it'd be impossible to go on building on it forever (Imagine if someone joined the game during the first expansion and they'd have to get the relic, make it zenith, farm 12 atmas, do the books etc etc etc- they basically did that in XI but I can't fathom the XIV team doing something like that).

I don't know how many of you know about the the butthurt that ensued in XI each time they killed RMEs (First with Abyssea arguably, Second with Adoulin), but I can imagine that happening every single time they outdate Zodiacs until people just don't bother anymore, unless the playerbase here really is that different from the XI one.

Whatever the case I do agree that people complaining about it as if they have no choice but to do it need to go check the weapons list again, my biggest problem with it is still that it's such a transparent grinding quest with basically 0 lore attached ("I make you shinies" is not lore)

Seems like the perfect distraction to the fact that all they added to any real means of content this patch was 4 turns in coil and 2 extreme modes. Really will be interested in how they respond to all the negative feedback this has received as this is the first time since servers being shit something has been so negatively commented on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 196 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast