1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 53 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 196 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Is there a reason why people shoot for BRD+BLM? I've never understood it. Surely two good BLMs would outdo a single good BLM with Foe Req. (which is the only reason I can figure why people use that particular combo)...?

Hell, if I ran on MRD, I could probably put out more DPS than a BRD (though I'd risk pulling hate, I guess). BRD aoe skills aren't very spectacular.
    Old misconceptions. For example, not bringing melee. Whatever time you lose on AOE packs is made up for in the single target bosses. I've run a lot of different comps for speedflox while helping FCmates, the clear speed is virtually identical when the players are good.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kaixin View Post
    Old misconceptions. For example, not bringing melee. Whatever time you lose on AOE packs is made up for in the single target bosses. I've run a lot of different comps for speedflox while helping FCmates, the clear speed is virtually identical when the players are good.
    Tank survivability comes to mind on the first trash pack if you insist on pulling the entire batch. With a melee present i'd probably just pull the first 3 packs, then pull the last one as i normally would up the ramp. and continue as normal.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    Tank survivability comes to mind on the first trash pack if you insist on pulling the entire batch. With a melee present i'd probably just pull the first 3 packs, then pull the last one as i normally would up the ramp. and continue as normal.
    Splitting the first pull is probably a good general rule of thumb for PFing it. But when running with various FC comps we do the exact same thing, pull to ramp, lock out monkey+plant. It hasn't been an issue to keep up a tank (when I'm healing) or to survive (when I'm tanking) or to kill the pack in time (when I'm DPSing).

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Is there a reason why people shoot for BRD+BLM? I've never understood it. Surely two good BLMs would outdo a single good BLM with Foe Req. (which is the only reason I can figure why people use that particular combo)...
    I don't see the value of BRD unless you're running with WAR/BRD/MNK or DRG. Pretty much need Paeon.

But double BLM is hard to beat: free MP, enmity reduction, flarety-flare-flare for 60 quadrillion cumulative potency.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Y'all FATE haters are on crack. Would kill to be able farm atma instead of Brayflox over and over again. Shit is torture.
    I can't handle the Brayflox for more than an hour at a time. Been moving to roulette dailies and beastmen dailies for myth sources now just to break it up.
    as if you weren't always supposed to do that.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

As a bard I don't feel like I'm holding the group back so long as the white Mage is throwing out holy spam. When that happens I think the requiem bonus affecting two people plus my aoe damage would equal two black mages. But without holy it doesn't feel like there is any way I could compete with a two black Mage party. To be honest I'm just glad to have a job that is in quasi demand for speed runs. I really feel for melee with public perception being what it is.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

Image from lastest issue of Famitsu running around on JP OF.
    Seems to imply that Novus, or the final Zodiac form will be 115.
    Anyone buying a copy of Famitsu on their way home tonight?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

God in heaven let it not be true or require T9 for Novus

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Seems to imply that Novus, or the final Zodiac form will be 115.
    That will shake things up a bit...makes you wonder why they didn't publish it earlier. Maybe someone at HQ had a brain fart and thought we all knew somehow?

Left to right must be Relic -> Coil -> Gerolt's -> Ex Primals.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    Left to right must be Relic -> Coil -> Gerolt's -> Ex Primals.

I need to choose a better font that's more JPG-friendly next time.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I don't even know why people are speedrunning with blm when you can go with 2 whm and a brd.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

For those not allergic to reddit, engrish here.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...py_of_famitsu/

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

No changes to Zodiac process in patch notes.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

At least fates are interesting and different. There was an element of strategy to fate farming, planning shit out and plotting how best to maximize gold on the fates that were up, paying attention to what was likely to respawn soon if you were in a beastmen daily zone..
    Scathing 5 yellow mobs then hopping on chocobo and going to the next FATE takes strategy and planning?

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    Scathing 5 yellow mobs then hopping on chocobo and going to the next FATE takes strategy and planning?
    I was under the impression that the majority of the players who havent finished their first atma phase were the ones solo tanking a boss fate 100->0 while they miss 4 other fates.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

The initial swarm is definitely over. Trying to get anyone out to Burning Wall for the few that spawn there (and are part of the Book reqs) is painful.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quite honestly if the 115 is true, all these people whining and complaining about the atma farming, will be wishing they kept at.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by kor View Post
    Quite honestly if the 115 is true, all these people whining and complaining about the atma farming, will be wishing they kept at.
    Nah. They'll be complaining first about how it's unfair that it rivals High Allagan.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    Nah. They'll be complaining first about how it's unfair that it rivals High Allagan.
    Lol, yeah that is true. There was someone posting how they should make it more interesting as far as atma/animus. I asked for his suggestions. His response 1. cut myth in half for books. 2. contribute in 10 fates and get an atma for each zone. 3. have fail safe fates to replace the long ones if they don't spawn in an hr. These are the people that aggravate me.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by kor View Post
    Lol, yeah that is true. There was someone posting how they should make it more interesting as far as atma/animus. I asked for his suggestions. His response 1. cut myth in half for books. 2. contribute in 10 fates and get an atma for each zone. 3. have fail safe fates to replace the long ones if they don't spawn in an hr. These are the people that aggravate me.
    10 fates per atma would be a joke...