1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 7 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 2 hours, 51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by MrSamuels View Post
    Seems like the perfect distraction to the fact that all they added to any real means of content this patch was 4 turns in coil and 2 extreme modes. Really will be interested in how they respond to all the negative feedback this has received as this is the first time since servers being shit something has been so negatively commented on.
    Sorry, that's Bullshit.
    Retainers are freaking awesome.
    New crafting and higher levels have gotten a lot of attention.
    Glamours.
    3 new dungeons, all very fun in my opinion.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

would be better if they had a RNG paired with a token type system for this: do fates, could get it fast, but if the RNG gods hate you, at 50 fates in a zone you WILL get that atma...or something like that....or "complete all fates in a specific zone (barring odin?)"...I got my 1st atma in like 15 minutes, then farmed for 6 hours and still don't have a 2nd, I firmly believe and REALLY hope, that they hotfix this.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Indomitable Will View Post
    would be better if they had a RNG paired with a token type system for this: do fates, could get it fast, but if the RNG gods hate you, at 50 fates in a zone you WILL get that atma...or something like that....or "complete all fates in a specific zone (barring odin?)"...I got my 1st atma in like 15 minutes, then farmed for 6 hours and still don't have a 2nd, I firmly believe and REALLY hope, that they hotfix this.
    Yah, that woulda worked too.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Why are you doing this if you don't want to do it? If you grind it out and spend 15 hours in a single area doing fates obviously you're gonna piss yourself off and burn out. And like you said, people are actually forgoing doing content to do this.

You have no one to blame if you burn out and get annoyed because you want to do this shit RIGHT NOW TODAY NOW. RNG is RNG, you either get lucky or you don't. I seriously don't get this community at all.
    Its new content, therefore you are required to do it /sarcasm.

Seriously, just don't fucking do it. I'm not. If you bitch about it and then sit there and continue to do it for 8 more hours, thats your fucking fault. The shitty i100 weapon isn't worth the time and everybody knows it, so if you go forward with it you know exactly what you're getting yourself into, just like relic/mythics in XI.

Just stop, seriously.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vega Castro
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

lol yeah i don't know why people are doing it, invest time into getting a good group to do levi ex. I'm pretty sure there will be adjustments to the drop rate sooner or later for atmas anyway.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone can remember doing a FATE and getting their ATMA on one of the FATEs for the Beastribe quest? I keep doing "A Wrench in the Works" for East Shroud, just wanna make sure I'm not wasting my time.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The funny part is that the Atmas aren't even a big grind compared to the books. Nine books, 1500 myth per (13,500 total). The absolute fastest myth run to me is a speed run of the first two Brayflox bosses then leaving; ~50 myth per 8 minutes. So you need 270 runs of Brayflox to be able to purchase all 9 books; comes out to 2160 minutes (36 hours) of speed running. This doesn't even factor in the completion time for the trials in each book.

The other thing I don't think people realize is that the base Atma weapon has the same exact stats at the old Zenith Weapon despite it being i100. Your first upgrade doesn't come until you finish the first book.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Anyone can remember doing a FATE and getting their ATMA on one of the FATEs for the Beastribe quest? I keep doing "A Wrench in the Works" for East Shroud, just wanna make sure I'm not wasting my time.
    Yes, that's the one I got my Atma from in the East Shroud.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    yup i got one atma from Beasttribe quests fates

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Anyone wanting 30th alexandrite over this never actually tried gathering it.
    Oh yes sorry I forgot most people on this forum have blood infused with sciences and are so smart they know everything about each others.

Alex & Currency could be sold in bazaars, which mean if you ever started gathering them & changed your mind before stage 1 you could sell them to make a quick buck. Can you do this with atmas? nope. Before Abyss I had a static & we got lots of alex. After Abyssea I bought a 2nd account & I got my gf's one when she quited, so I was farming Alex easily on my own.

/backontopic

I'm at 9/12 now & the 10th wont drop after close to (22h?) farming, if I change my mind now I wont be able to sell them which result in me wasting my time.

So obviously no one put a gun on my head or a knife under my throat to do it, the problem isn't only the fact that its ridiculous to gather, farm Lv2-8 fate (especialy on BLM, shits die so fast I did not even cast 1/4 of my Fire/Ice) or even the stupidly low drop rate..

What enrage me the most, is the fact that SE seems to get quite comfortable with us and throw such lazy contents. The worst part is probably the people getting use to it & accepting it. both thing are unacceptable.

I mean, surely it doesn't take months to come to think "Ohh lets force fates down the throats of the players who want to upgrade their relics." I know other stuff have been added & I don't ignore it. But I mean, this quest? seriously? What next? Run nekkid trough all Eorzea to enpower your relic +3?

They actually did rebuild this game from scratch, they could do a little bit more of effort than just asking us to camp more & more fates for something that important..

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

If you hate everything about it. Don't do it. Not everything in the game should be easily attainable for every single person. Those who want to grind this out, will hopefully be rewarded eventually. Those who don't, should be happy with the next best weapon. so tired of hearing people bitch. Yea, it's a grind, yea doing these FATEs is dumb but deal with it or forget about it because I'm sure you will bitch even harder when you realize the time it takes to complete/farm the books and who knows what is in the next patch or the next 3 upgrades for it, or w/e.

I'm perfectly happy there is now gear in the game that not every terrible player will be able to get. I mean shit, this crap is easy as fuck, it just takes time. Just because you don't have it completed 3 days after the patch, who the fuck cares? If it's gonna be the best weapon, i would hope people don't have the first phase or two completed in three days. It took people months upon months, if not years to complete relics in FFXI and they didn't bitch this hard.

If you want shit handed to you on a silver platter, play a shit ass casual game on your iphone so you can buy your upgrades and get off an mmorpg.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

A few days does not equal the time taken to even collect Alexandrite, even if you had the gil... Anyway... is this tedious? Yes. It's one stage. It's been achieved by people in less than 48 hours. In fact by some in less than 24. Which mean people like me who don't wanna rush will get this phase done in a couple of weeks. I want to do it, no one has to.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    If you hate everything about it. Don't do it. Not everything in the game should be easily attainable for every single person. Those who want to grind this out, will hopefully be rewarded eventually. Those who don't, should be happy with the next best weapon. so tired of hearing people bitch. Yea, it's a grind, yea doing these FATEs is dumb but deal with it or forget about it because I'm sure you will bitch even harder when you realize the time it takes to complete/farm the books and who knows what is in the next patch or the next 3 upgrades for it, or w/e.

I'm perfectly happy there is now gear in the game that not every terrible player will be able to get. I mean shit, this crap is easy as fuck, it just takes time. Just because you don't have it completed 3 days after the patch, who the fuck cares? If it's gonna be the best weapon, i would hope people don't have the first phase or two completed in three days. It took people months upon months, if not years to complete relics in FFXI and they didn't bitch this hard.

If you want shit handed to you on a silver platter, play a shit ass casual game on your iphone so you can buy your upgrades and get off an mmorpg.
    That is the reply of a moron who don't even read what people say, you'd be better off white knighting with the others tools on the OF it would be the same. You know what Smart Ass, you pay for this game, as we all do, we're investing in SE for them to provide us with something to relax and burn our free time. They are taking your/our money for such a pointless/lazy design.

I am sorry, but I am entitled to be unhappy about something when I think its not right. SE getting comfortable with us is a fact. I am unhappy to give my money to such a lazy company on top of what they propose to us. As a customer its my right.

This post is made to debate about it, so I will.

Also, nice self contradiction here:
    I'm perfectly happy there is now gear in the game that not every terrible player will be able to get. I mean shit, this crap is easy as fuck, it just takes time.
    Again we're talking about fate & random luck, I have been reading enough of this forum to see that these "bad players" as you call them alway have the best of luck. So you may want to re-think next time you want to come with a mouth full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    A few days does not equal the time taken to even collect Alexandrite, even if you had the gil... Anyway... is this tedious? Yes. It's one stage. It's been achieved by people in less than 48 hours. In fact by some in less than 24. Which mean people like me who don't wanna rush will get this phase done in a couple of weeks. I want to do it, no one has to.
    I totaly agree, but you could feel the progression toward your goal step by step. At this time you're left totaly clueless and you don't know when you will get it. Its horrendous.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Why are you doing this if you don't want to do it? If you grind it out and spend 15 hours in a single area doing fates obviously you're gonna piss yourself off and burn out. And like you said, people are actually forgoing doing content to do this.

You have no one to blame if you burn out and get annoyed because you want to do this shit RIGHT NOW TODAY NOW. RNG is RNG, you either get lucky or you don't. I seriously don't get this community at all.
    It's a valid point but the thoughts of the next stage are in my head. If I don't get step 1 completed soon I am going to reach the point where my myth is capped and I start wasting it rather than spending on books for this quest.

Once I get to that bit I will take my time as I have my Leviathan weapon now. Unfortunately upgrading a Leviathan weapon to i100 is another massive grind due to the low drop rate on mirrors and the fact you're lotting it against 7 other people. But I'd rather be doing that than the atma quests because it's way more fun than grinding weak FATEs.

People saying the grind is cool because FFXI grinds lasted years are making a terrible point however because gear in that game lasted many years. These relics will be outdated in 2.4 and will probably have equivalents dropping like candy in 2.3 kinda like the primal weapons in 2.1. So that's what, 3 months?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

In response to Judai, that kind of attitude will lead to the same ordeal as heavy metal/marrows/riftitems/scoria from ffxi, because farming whatever the initial amounts were is totally reasonable for an mmorpg. We have to complain and bitch in order to show them that this isn't a good idea, or would you rather have more quests in the future continue to be similar? My main problem isn't the RNG itself, but with your solution of doing something else instead, there's not much else to do at the moment with instances randomly lagging horribly, so we're stuck with this boring ass shit.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Make it so you're able to achieve it easily and people will bitch it's too easy and there's nothing to do after 3 days the patch is deployed, make it a grind and people complains is a grind, put it behind difficult content and you're making it pointless since that's what Allagan weapons are there for. So what should relics be? You can't make everyone happy.

I'm annoyed at FATEs because they're boring, I'd rather be farming a rare drop off of some random mobs than do FATEs but that's just me, I don't actually mind the 13500 myth grind afterwards, I'll do it little by little and it gives me a long term goal instead of just logging in the monday and wait till the next week.

I wouldn't want to be in SE's shoes right now, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I just don't know if you guys noticed but you can spend an incredible amount of time in a zone around the same people. The same ppl stay over & over again with occasional people leaving once they get their drop, making me wonder, the 1-5% drop rate isn't on an individual ratio. It might be 1-5% drop rate divided by the amount of player doing the fate.

If i'm wrong its a good new, if I'm right, oh well. XD

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    This post is made to debate about it, so I will.

Also, nice self contradiction here:

Again we're talking about fate & random luck, I have been reading enough of this forum to see that these "bad players" as you call them alway have the best of luck. So you may want to re-think next time you want to come with a mouth full of shit.
    Your posts and others have just been bitching about not getting a drop in 22hrs, not debating it. How is it a contradiction when you are just making shit up? "Bad players have best luck" is just a stupid argument. I was actually more-so commenting on needing to beat Turn 7 and up to upgrade soldiery gear but I should have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    I wouldn't want to be in SE's shoes right now, damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    I hear that.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Your posts and others have just been bitching about not getting a drop in 22hrs, not debating it. How is it a contradiction when you are just making shit up? "Bad players have best luck" is just a stupid argument. I was actually more-so commenting on needing to beat Turn 7 and up to upgrade soldiery gear but I should have said that.
    Yes we're bitching because we didn't get a drop after 22h of dedication, while lucky people come in & get it after 5-30 mins, but we're not only bitching because of that, we're also bitching because its an horrible idea & design.

I personaly think its a mockery especialy after they did rebuild this game, we have higher expectations for this game, whatever what kind of system it use or what kind of progression you have. It has to be smart a minimum.

As much as we can ignore the quest, you on the other hand can also ignore our posts if you dislike them so much.

Also, this post is made to discuss Zodiac Weapon, if you want to discuss T-7 make your own thread related to it. I am peronaly dedicated enough to try and get an upgrade on my relic before aiming for the new BCs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast