1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 9 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 0 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 196 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Holy shit guys look at this housing item I just found in the dats....pretty much confirms the theory....

Spoiler: show

(I was going to make hands but I had already spent way more time than I wanted to on something so dumb, lol)

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

If only that were true, but its all up to the rng gods.. sacrifice many tears and hope for miracles.

Also, who doesn't love brayflox speedruns!?
    You can almost do it with your eyes closed as a healer after 350 (working on 2nd animus) brayflox runs...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Cesaria View Post
    I've concluded it's the SE "fuck you" generator in action with atma drops (I've been at it since the 2.2 patch and have a grand total of one atma) but at least changing zones on an hourly basis gives you a change of scenery and reduces the likelihood I'm going to throw my controller through the screen.

Universal law applies - some fucker will go 12/12 within a day, some fucker will be trudging along weeks later being told "no problem with drop rates - my gerbil's got an atma weapon by now"
    You are just multiplying your chances to have 0 drops. Best way to go is stick to one area and do multiple fates as fast as possible. Hint : you do not need gold evaluation.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Indomitable Will View Post
    point those blm's to the theorycrafting section i've done that a few times since starting 2flox runs and they're usually greatful because they were clueless prior.
    Thank you for this type. I will admit I am a blm that attempted to do the speed runs, but what irks me the most are those faggots that say they want to do multiple runs, after one run they just disband the party. No feedback or anything else. Just leaves you wondering what you did wrong to give you a chance to fix it. Thank you again btw.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Detzu View Post
    You are just multiplying your chances to have 0 drops. Best way to go is stick to one area and do multiple fates as fast as possible. Hint : you do not need gold evaluation.
    this, got home, wife was frustrated with the atma grind, she started playing something else on her DS, i grabbed her controller since i cant play my toon rn due to lolPS4 issues, got her last 2 atma's in 30 minutes while i waited for my 100 minute wait time with SE phone support to pick up.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Sevilla View Post
    Thank you for this type. I will admit I am a blm that attempted to do the speed runs, but what irks me the most are those faggots that say they want to do multiple runs, after one run they just disband the party. No feedback or anything else. Just leaves you wondering what you did wrong to give you a chance to fix it. Thank you again btw.
    That's not always necessarily your fault, keep in mind. I'm not totally fluent in BLM but I'm pretty sure as long as you're not single-target nuking you're doing something right. Sometimes people just quit on runs because they're babies. The kind of person to get upset you're not doing it perfectly is not the same kind of person to go quietly.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eurlin Vindictae
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Titan
    WoW Realm
    Dalvengyr

Just adding more information for shits and giggles. From what I've seen over the 3 days I've spent Atma farming.

You don't need to stay in the fate from start to finish
    You don't need to claim the boss in the fates
    You don't need to attend level sync'd only fates
    You don't need to stay level sync'd for the drop to come

You can trade the 7 items for those fates that require turn ins, and leave and get a drop
    staying in an area for over an hour doesn't lower your drop rate (It's already that low)

Something I'm noticing as a bad habit in general are people keep saying "I farmed for 5 hours yesterday in one area with no drop!" This is useless information, If you said you farmed for 5 hours and only attended 60 fates, that's a poor time ratio which means you're in a low populated area giving no fates meaning you're standing there doing nothing for too long. I sat in Lower La Noscea yesterday for 5 hours 5:30 - 10:30 took a 30 minute dinner break, and in those 5 hours I only managed 86 fates before I got a drop. that's 3.1~ minutes a fate, and I know for the first 2 hours I was sitting there for about 5 minutes between fates waiting for them to pop.

In those 5 hours I had a party where 5 other people came and went with their drops.
    Person A Joined and left with a drop after 25 fates.
    Person B Joined and left after 43 fates with a drop
    Person C came and I went to another area, I'm not sure if he ever managed a drop (was workin on the JP time theory)
    Person D joined for less than 10 fates and left with a drop.
    Person E Joined at 9:03 Est time working on the JP clock idea. managed a drop after 12 fates. Since this was Atma of the Fish he theorized Local time which for him would be CST.
    I wish I kept a better track of the other members, but I only thought about trying to keep a log with other players about 2 hours into my farming.

coincidentally this still comes close to my 2.5% theory (2.8%)...it's obviously not entirely accurate because I didn't get exact number of fates, only assumed they all made it to the fates I was attending while they were in my party and started once they joined my party. I know some players didn't make every fates as they would warp back for a repair, or go to another fate instead of stay for a chain.

I believe the leaving after an hour idea is like when you're playing the slots, you might just feel like the area is unlucky and it's not your winning machine. I also feel like if you stick it out for the duration you will get your drop.

at this moment I'm at 440~ fates for my Atma farming adventure. (355 over the weekend and 86 last night) which puts my 11/12 Atma at a 2.5% drop rate.

I'll probably set up a test this weekend to try and grind out 2 atma in one area straight see how long it takes and how many fates.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Eurlin View Post
    You can trade the 7 items for those fates that require turn ins, and leave and get a drop
    Very small nitpick, but it's 6 items to get a gold.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

yup , posted that stuff earlier, you can also add..

1. you don't need gold to get atma
    2. you don't need to win a fate for atma (you need at least bronze though)

I got most all my whm atma within a day, tagging fates having up to nearly 5 fates a at time active (I went for enough effort for gold in case rank does affect drop rate however). You can even get gold not even hitting anything! Just healing

Once you can gauge how much effort you need to put in for gold, it becomes pretty quick (healers can get gold within a few min of a fate)

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Southern Thanalan hated me but finally got my ATMA book, now for Myth farming
    Spoiler: show

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shinryu Reishiki
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros

Southern Thanalan was the worst one for me; probably half the time spent gathering my Atmas was spent there. Finished getting my Stardust Rod Animus this past Monday. As happy as I was to be done with the grind, I kinda want to work on another one now...

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Shinryu View Post
    I kinda want to work on another one now...
    Me too in a way. I got so much shit I needa get done ingame though and this animus has wrecked my time but I do find it kind of fun. Plus I've made so much gil doing Bray SR

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

i found it kinda amusing how all the times are supposed to be based on server time. But my friend and I have different server times because of daylight savings. sooo lol... placebo effect go!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Is there some trick to leves for the books? I'm at the NPC who gives the Leve I need, but it wont show up. Did 2 leves, still won't show up. Am I missing something?

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

It isnt always the normal leve person. Check the grand company person nearby.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

xivdb.com is your friend

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Is there some trick to leves for the books? I'm at the NPC who gives the Leve I need, but it wont show up. Did 2 leves, still won't show up. Am I missing something?
    Sometimes it's replaced by a specific one, the 1st 2, and the last 2 rotate with 2 others. Pick one form each set to do, your leve should pop. Also what Null said, it might be the GC leve guy as well. They pop there too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I was at the right NPC. Got it after completing 5 other leves, which is pure bullshit. Surely there's a reliable way around this?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I was at the right NPC. Got it after completing 5 other leves, which is pure bullshit. Surely there's a reliable way around this?
    Not wanting to sound like a douche, but compared to the Atma grind that sounds quite reasonable in comparison.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Talk to the NPc at the right eorzea time