1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 55 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    #Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/ND4L

This is the set I'm generally working with. I only use two i90 crafted accessories, and fill in the rest with stuff that gives me more Determination. Meld Priority was Determination and Accuracy; Determination caps at 11, so one IV and one III makes for 10; the cost of Det IVs is pretty retarded on my server, so I didn't feel that single extra point of Det was worth losing 450k per break at a 29% success rate. Decided not to throw in an VIT because I like giving my healers a tough time when I OT, but also for the numbers.

In retrospect, I probably could've swapped the Moogle ribbon to be my second i90 accessory, and moved the bracelets back to HA, but I wasn't sure if I'd then be under accuracy cap so whatever. Maybe in the future when I have more gil I might remeld. Was also thinking of a way to maybe incorporate Noct Gauntlet's 25acc into the mix somewhere to get more Det elsewhere, but I haven't really sat down with that and mapped out where I'd get it from yet (or if I'd even want to give up that 25 crit).

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'm confused why you wouldn't just (plan to) use i110 STR stuff; do the i90meld / i100 options you used just have more weight? Or just not planning to get HA Slaying stuff anytime soon / Soldiery/oils for Gloam?

I was planning to use them as MT because I'm determined to make my healers sweat a little more every week, hence the VIT consideration.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I'm confused why you wouldn't just (plan to) use i110 STR stuff; do the i90meld / i100 options you used just have more weight?

I was planning to use them as MT because I'm determined to make my healers sweat a little more every week, hence the VIT consideration.
    From my personal experiences, Determination has weighed ever so slightly more than STR; not exactly on a 1:1 ratio, but in the sense that where you do get Determination, you usually get it in decent quantities and that amount generally adds up to being worth more than the small handful of STR lost.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I did Acc4/Vit4/Vit4/Det3/Det3 on all of them. I don't have any i110 STR accessories though.

Some of the crazy main WAR did Det4/Acc4/Vit4/Vit4/Det3, which I'd consider to be the best meld option.

So if I'm looking to build the BiS for pld, what kind of gear am I looking at? I'm just waiting for HA blade to drop. (I'm not a main PLD, but I'm only missing Blade/Ring to be complete. I have all other HA pieces of fending.)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The stat weight for STR to DET is in the range of 1:3 some sources show 1:4. So for an i100 acc to beat a i110 looking at DET alone you'd need to have at least +6-8 DET for it to be superior. (others stats factor in as well.)

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung View Post
    I did Acc4/Vit4/Vit4/Det3/Det3 on all of them. I don't have any i110 STR accessories though.

Some of the crazy main WAR did Det4/Acc4/Vit4/Vit4/Det3, which I'd consider to be the best meld option.
    Saw Bokchoy recommend that first meld option yesterday on reddit, only now do I notice you're the same FC haha. That keeps it simple/cheap-ish then.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Venus Sama
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hi Guys!

I was wondering if anyone has a good gear set up for a PLD that won't be using Novus? My main is MNK so I have animus on that. I don't have the time or patience at the mo to work on a second @_@

I'm currently clearing 6-8 and we are going to be working on 9 soon, but currently 9 gear is not an option.

If any of you lovely people have a set up for a non-novus peep for pre and post t9 I would very much appreciate it! <3 Preferably not crafted gear.

I'm still kind of new to working out all the caps and thresholds so want to make sure I get a good setup!

Thank you!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Non-novus => Burtgang. Have minimum of 515 acc. Done.

How much does damage an unweathered Noct Shield block?

(give or take 1% for STR tier)

My alt is still using i90 junk because I've never been a fan of tower shields, but no one ever does Ramuh and I never got a Levi shield when people still farmed him so I don't really have any other options.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Should be in the vicinity of 40%.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Flash enmity increase seems fairly significant. Haven't looked into Circle of Scorn yet.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Circle of Scorn seems significant as well.

I was getting tired of not being able to hold hate off our i110 BLM in dungeons without blowing my entire MP load.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

What additional actions are worth setting? I was planning on Protect, Raise, Stoneskin, Foresight, and Bloodbath.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Raise has no combat benefit whatsoever.

Stoneskin Foresight Bloodbath MercyStroke, 5th basically doesn't matter. Fracture is a very very marginal DPS gain that you will almost never get to use; maybe once in a blue moon when tank swapping off of you. Cure is basically worthless. Protect is meh; only reason to really have it set is if you don't have a WHM and you die since it's equally good/bad as SCH Protect. For what it's worth I slot Fracture but rarely ever use it.

Considering how meh the 5ths are you could use Raise and nobody would really care. Just there's virtually no reason to need out-of-combat Raise.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Considering how meh the 5ths are you could use Raise and nobody would really care. Just there's virtually no reason to need out-of-combat Raise.
    Remember how cool it was for a PLD to waltz by in Valkrum Dunes and raise you? That's why I set Raise hahaha...

Oh, and for http://xivdb.com/?achievement/886/Th...f-Strangers-II

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Only time I've ever seen PLD raise help was when Labyrinth of the Ancients was fresh out, one of the alliances barely killed their atomos with 3 people standing with none of the healers up, pld raises 4th, they get on the pedal, we win. That's a lot of worst-case scenario stars alligning at once for that to have made a difference though, and there's no current equivalent where it could happen. Might as well fracture for tank swaps on non-tp intensive fights.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Stoneskin, Foresight, Bloodbath, Mercy, Fracture

I'm tempted to take out Fracture for Raise. TP Drain for fracture sucks and I never get Paeon =(. Plus

Remember how cool it was for a PLD to waltz by in Valkrum Dunes and raise you? That's why I set Raise hahaha...
    Lol, I've been running across so many people lately dead while on PLD. Feel so bad just leaving them since by the time I switch to raise they've already returned.

Useful: Stoneskin

Better than nothing: Foresight, Mercy Stroke

Barely better than nothing: Bloodbath

Worthless: Raise

Potentially detrimental: Fracture

Fracture is barely a DPS increase compared to Halone combo while being a massive drain to your TP, it's basically a Shield Swipe that drains extra TP rather than help conserve it.

If the BRD is singing Paeon anyway (ie. not for you) then feel free to use Fracture for all the good it does, but it has no place in any situation where TP will be a potential issue.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

My 5th is Protect and I use it more then I should have to. Esp in FL and duty finder.