1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 12 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 21 hours, 22 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Oh nice, Ariyala took my suggestion and added slaying ACC's to tank page.

They were always there, you just had to click the tab at the top.

(well they've been there for the 6+ months I've been using her page)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    For T10-12, you can use full Slaying accessories. For T13, I made this set for our tank. Ariyala assumes 30 VIT, so the HP is actually 8.173k when you have food and PT buffs. If you do a 7 man raid, you can get away with 8.4k HP, but 9k HP accounts for healing/tanking errors and additional damage from mechanics. If you're doing progression, you can add more VIT; however, make sure you have enough STR to sustain initial aggro.

I use a similar build but Excal (acc/det) and IW hands. Excal will trump DW blade in T13 unless you have some ridic healers that let you Sword oath encounter.

http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/Q8J1

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Dunno if this has been covered but figured I'd just ask since I'm sure someone knows. Been playing PLD a bunch lately and trying to maximize my DPS doing stupid shit. Trying to Sword Oath as much as possible but kinda curious when it's best to switch stances as far as your combos go. If I'm the first hit in to my combo is it a DPS loss to swap to Sword Oath and reset that (having to start again) or should I finish out the Rage combo in Shield Oath before switching? If I'm 2 hits in I always finish first since I'm fairly certain it'd be wasted DPS swapping instead of just throwing out Rage but wasn't sure if that was still the case when you only just started. With my usual healers I can usually just Sword Oath MT all of 10/11 but if people start fucking up mechanics and dying I usually start playing it safer til we've recovered and just wanted to optimize a bit whilst swapping oaths.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'm not really a good Oath optimizer but

For Shield -> Sword I will generally just swap immediately since if I finish that Halone I will fuck up hate.
    For Sword -> Shield, I generally finish my combo unless it is important timing-wise that I need to swap oaths right now to be able to tank swap in when I need to, in which case I cut it off no matter where it is at.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If people start fucking up/dying I just swap to Shield oath and forget about the parse. Otherwise I treat it like Seravi. If I'm going Sword to shield, I try to finish my combo and get fracture/CoS in before swapping to Shield. At this point I'm only stance dancing in T13 and during sloppy PUGs. T13 there are tons of places to swap into Sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Dunno if this has been covered but figured I'd just ask since I'm sure someone knows. Been playing PLD a bunch lately and trying to maximize my DPS doing stupid shit. Trying to Sword Oath as much as possible but kinda curious when it's best to switch stances as far as your combos go. If I'm the first hit in to my combo is it a DPS loss to swap to Sword Oath and reset that (having to start again) or should I finish out the Rage combo in Shield Oath before switching? If I'm 2 hits in I always finish first since I'm fairly certain it'd be wasted DPS swapping instead of just throwing out Rage but wasn't sure if that was still the case when you only just started. With my usual healers I can usually just Sword Oath MT all of 10/11 but if people start fucking up mechanics and dying I usually start playing it safer til we've recovered and just wanted to optimize a bit whilst swapping oaths.

Anytime you're in this position it's better to cancel shield oath to finish the combo. Dropping Shield oath as opposed to putting up sword oath does not waste a GCD, in addition it does not reset your combo. When you cancel shield oath it "appears" as if your combo has been reset. By appears I mean the glowing dotted box will no longer appear as if it was the next line in the combo. However this is not the case, once you continue with your combo you'll notice that it's only a cosmetic glitch.

I think the break even point is that you need to have at least 5-6 autos while stance swapping to break even a shield to sword as opposed to a shield oath cancel, just because you don't lose a GCD. Then if you can rationalize wasting a GCD to put sword oath on after the combo you can do that to optimize damage.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Oh damn didn't think about just turning oath off. Good observation. Gotta try that from now on.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

omgggg i never knew that thing about canceling

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Oh dang that's clever, thanks!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

ohhhhh, that's nice, will need to try that next time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

What is people's general ruling with parry vs determination at this point? Feels like adding a little parry here and there won't change things as much as having determination points.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Juran View Post
    Looking to see people's opinions, and also data, about Parry and Determination for Paladin. I've seen a lot of going back and forth on other forums, but nothing solid to claim one is better than the other. I'm on ps4 so I can't find out exactly myself which weighs in better, or if one holds a significant advantage over the other. For some time, I've been stacking Parry for the best overall mitigation for raids. I'd like to hear thoughts from other end game Paladins, and if you have data on det and parry tiers for Paladin I would love to look at it.
    Parry is for the first few weeks of progression only. It is a useless stat outside of that time period.

There are no det or parry tiers, only STR on block and parry damage reduction %.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    What is people's general ruling with parry vs determination at this point? Feels like adding a little parry here and there won't change things as much as having determination points.
    Parry is fucking garbage and should be avoided if possible (and this has been concensus for a long ass time now). In one case that's impossible, as the Aug. Ironworks Gauntlets of Fending are probably BiS (unless you're doing some weird shit).

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

parry on my curtana/shield nexus is the fucking reason why i quit PLD and dont upgrade it to ZW

no point using my alex to respec it :X

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17