1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 14 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 14 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 19 hours, 14 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Got my final atma last night. I started going crazy when it took 3 hours for the 11th atma to drop (this was after a period this weekend where I went 26 hours without an atma {NOTE: There was sleep and some duties in that time}). Sitting at 1400 Myth so should get that book this evening.

Also sitting at 540 Solider so I should be getting the body tonight if I can really put in some grind for that 285 Soldier to go (I will have my Expert Roulette so that should help)

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Also (sorry for double post) anyone have info on Heavy Wolfram Helm? ie. how difficult to HQ, materia caps?

The more I think about it, this will likely be the last slot I will upgrade to i100+

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    After comparing pieces, I've put together a preliminary gear set of what I think might be the new BiS for Paladin assuming the new accuracy requirements. This set would put me at about 501 accuracy which may or may not be overkill.
    Don't forget the 10acc (doesn't give you the 11 cause %'s nonsense) from that finger sandy/ puts you at 511acc. Do you think the acc cap will be over 500?

I made a similar build factoring in food(2star Finger sandwhich) to get 485acc/601parry (still a loss from 2.1BIS) and another to get 498acc/582parry.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Jinn View Post
    Don't forget the 10acc (doesn't give you the 11 cause %'s nonsense) from that finger sandy/ puts you at 511acc. Do you think the acc cap will be over 500?

I made a similar build factoring in food(2star Finger sandwhich) to get 485acc/601parry (still a loss from 2.1BIS) and another to get 498acc/582parry.
    No, that XIVDB wardrobe takes the Finger Sandwich's accuracy into account. It'd still be approximately 501acc. And someone was reporting misses at 499acc in T6. Granted it was only 1/1502 that missed, and I have a feeling it was probably human error but even then. I know that I myself missed infrequently, though still noticeably, with 479acc in Turn 6. Taking into account that potential increase in accuracy required as the turns go up, I made the set based around 500 accuracy. As more testing is done, and people find out what the accuracy requirements are for T7, T8, and T9, it can probably be adjusted.

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    No, that XIVDB wardrobe takes the Finger Sandwich's accuracy into account. It'd still be approximately 501acc. And someone was reporting misses at 499acc in T6. Granted it was only 1/1502 that missed, and I have a feeling it was probably human error but even then. I know that I myself missed infrequently, though still noticeably, with 479acc in Turn 6. Taking into account that potential increase in accuracy required as the turns go up, I made the set based around 500 accuracy. As more testing is done, and people find out what the accuracy requirements are for T7, T8, and T9, it can probably be adjusted.
    http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/M1SY

Is Ariyala bugging out? Stats at the bottom

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Hmm. Interesting. I'll have to look it over; I don't use the Ariyala site too much. I don't expect to need 510 accuracy for anything, but 500 maybe. I honestly think that miss at 499 was human error, and that more than likely the acc req. is around the low 490's, but won't know for sure until someone gets to T9, and we have more data.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I took a look today, and I don't believe food has been updated with the 2.2 changed. But only a quick glance.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ok looking at stuff, I think I have some "undisputed" best in slot items for PLD post 2.2:

Weapon: High Allagan
    Shield: High Allagan
    Head: High Allagan (Neither item has Parry, HA only with ACC)
    Body: Noct
    Hands:
    Belt:
    Legs:
    Feet: High Allagan
    Neck:
    Ear:
    Bracelet: High Allagan
    Ring1: Noct
    Ring2: High Allagan

If this seems right, I will add to OP.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Ok looking at stuff, I think I have some "undisputed" best in slot items for PLD post 2.2:

Weapon: High Allagan
    Shield: High Allagan
    Head: High Allagan (Neither item has Parry, HA only with ACC)
    Body: Noct
    Hands:
    Belt:
    Legs:
    Feet: High Allagan
    Neck:
    Ear:
    Bracelet: High Allagan
    Ring1: Noct
    Ring2: High Allagan

If this seems right, I will add to OP.

http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/M2LD

This set to me feel pretty solid for BiS to me, this set has 485 accuracy and 601 parry. If you do anything that needs more accuracy than that for this content you can always swap out the High Allagan Gauntlets of Fending for Noct Gauntlets, parry only goes down to 583, but accuracy increases to 510.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Wasn't it shown that stacking parry takes away from your chance of shield blocking and in turn lowering your overall mitigation?

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Other way around. Shield blocks have priority.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/M2LD

This set to me feel pretty solid for BiS to me, this set has 485 accuracy and 601 parry. If you do anything that needs more accuracy than that for this content you can always swap out the High Allagan Gauntlets of Fending for Noct Gauntlets, parry only goes down to 583, but accuracy increases to 510.
    May just go ahead an put it with HA Gauntlets since BiS usually tends to take into account needing capped ACC on everything, then from there its shit is situational.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious916 View Post
    Im sort of new to tanking, but wouldent you want a higher block rate than just a few more block damage?
    Problem is that blocking trumps parry, so a buckler will block a lot, but actually negate less damage than if your parry proc'd.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The correct choice is obviously to always use a buckler for maximum block chance to get maximum deeps from shield swipe.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

...What?

If you mean Allagan Round Shield, it's better because it has Accuracy instead of Skill Speed.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    ...What?

If you mean Allagan Round Shield, it's better because it has Accuracy instead of Skill Speed.
    talking about the Extreme Primals shield

hello! i have a question maybe someone can answer, well actually two, 1st one is im new to tanking in T2, my friends are not so hot on dps and wanting to try enrage, i could look for a new group, but i value friendship and do not wish to leave the static as of now, how long after it says "1 click' do i pull ads? like how many seconds? and the second question is, if you had all the new i90 melded gear, is that a viable option to the i100 noct for tanks? (with 5 melds on each of course)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    talking about the Extreme Primals shield
    The post I was responding to was deleted and it was kind of dumb. It was about why the (Allagan) Round Shield was considered better than the Holy Shield or some shit; it's been a couple days and I thought it was rather obvious why it's better.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

About 30 seconds after the on-screen thing is when you want to go in from what I gathered doing it that way the other day. Just pop Awareness and run in when it wears off.

i90 is probably comparable to the Weathered Noct stuff but that gear gets upgraded to i110 so I wouldn't be pouring a lot of money into the new i90 crafted equipment. Then again, I'm perpetually broke so my lack of gil is probably influencing my opinion a bit.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    He deleted the post I was responding to.
    lol my bad!

and for Nef:

1) take note on the Duty timer (how long you have left in the dungeon) and after about 45 seconds after the click message go on in.

2) very viable, but you will eventually want Noct.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast