1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 10 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If your dps is as bad as it sounds, you can pull right when it clicks to 1 and not have to worry about rot. If you get it, just gauge from there how much longer you need to wait.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious916 View Post
    hello! i have a question maybe someone can answer, well actually two, 1st one is im new to tanking in T2, my friends are not so hot on dps and wanting to try enrage, i could look for a new group, but i value friendship and do not wish to leave the static as of now, how long after it says "1 click' do i pull ads? like how many seconds? and the second question is, if you had all the new i90 melded gear, is that a viable option to the i100 noct for tanks? (with 5 melds on each of course)

Just pay attention to the duty finder timer. Any time under 1min is fine, i normally aim for an easy time to call out when to begin. :00 :15 :30 :45

i100 > i90

Melds are secondary stats, ilvl comes with STR and VIT which carry more weight.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    and for Nef:

1) take note on the Duty timer (how long you have left in the dungeon) and after about 45 seconds after the click message go on in.
    Actually, Nef is the person in question regarding the post I was talking about.

Anyway, if his group's damage is below average, they should probably go in sooner, though ultimately they're the best judge here (30-35 seconds after sounds like it'll probably be the ballpark). Then again I also have a biased view of "average" damage, so if it's even worse than that, closer to 1.

thank you very much for the information. so nice to not be trolled when asking for help. =)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Rather go in later than earlier. Most pugs do the whole iron clad rule that they go in 30s after 1min without knowing why. Tanks get anxious and end up going slightly earlier and end up having 2 HV go off, which pugs are notorious in not catching which can wipe.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    Rather go in later than earlier. Most pugs do the whole iron clad rule that they go in 30s after 1min without knowing why. Tanks get anxious and end up going slightly earlier and end up having 2 HV go off, which pugs are notorious in not catching which can wipe.
    I keep 99 silencing pots on me for just this reason. Never trust pugs to do anything.

as im starting to tank stuff like brayflox HM i have been noticing i sometimes have a hard time keeping hate of my bard friend he is really decked and knows what he is doing, i know that war is the suggested tank for big pulls but i just love playing pld. so with that said, say i run up and pull the 1st 3 groups of mobs i flash and do CoS, would it be better to keep spaming a few flashes? do they keep generating hate or do i have to wait until it wears and flash again?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

flash generates hate on use, the blind is separate

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Keep using Flash is fine. Don't wait for blind to wear.

Try to mark a mob too for your BRD friend to focus on, that way after you do some flashes you can Rage of Halone combo on it and make it stick to you, then Rage of Halone (combo always, by the way) on the other mobs by switching targets.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

better off using riot blade and continuing with flash tbh. the main source of DPS should be AoE in a speedrun, and halone is too slow to keep up if you have good DDs.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yes I agree; I didn't factor a speed run scenario in!

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Got the Weathered Noct Hoplon and upgraded it with an Oil. This damage reduction; so delicious. Went from -27% on my blocks to -40% and the block rate loss isn't really that huge.

http://i.gyazo.com/d109ad1a366d9a43c9571dfa254d36cc.png

Damn.... That's hot. Does the oil drop from a new turn?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    better off using riot blade and continuing with flash tbh. the main source of DPS should be AoE in a speedrun, and halone is too slow to keep up if you have good DDs.
    This 100%. You need to keep spamming flash and circle of scorns, while your brd needs to do max damages so he won't ballad you. Riot combo is your best friend.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Your aoe DPS is horrendously lopsided if a full mp bar of flashes doesn't keep you locked solid for the rest of the fight. If both DPS are doing 40-60% of the total HP, it doesn't take many flashes to get to that level of hate. The only way it should come off is if one of them is doing 80%+ of their health.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    Got the Weathered Noct Hoplon and upgraded it with an Oil. This damage reduction; so delicious. Went from -27% on my blocks to -40% and the block rate loss isn't really that huge.

http://i.gyazo.com/d109ad1a366d9a43c9571dfa254d36cc.png
    Can you parse your block rate?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

I'm pretty sure block rate, like strength, can be rough estimated as [(rate/10)+10]%, so Noct is about 21-23% rate.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

so approx. 8~11% behind Holy Shield Animus, but with significantly higher damage reduction per block. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old Merits
    BG Level

Seems tempting, but I'm still not entirely sure about the benefit of a higher overall blocked damage.
    Probably the best course of action to use the shield with the highest overall and keep a buckler for anything with abilities comparable to Death Sentence.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious916 View Post
    Damn.... That's hot. Does the oil drop from a new turn?
    T7 or 8, can't remember which is Sands and which is Oil.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast