1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 43 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 8 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 hours, 43 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Oil is 7 (along with unidentified tomestone), Sands is 8

Also, "of time" items -seem- 100% which makes sense (although I would prefer multiples to drop) since then you can only upgrade 1/8th a soldier item a week.

Ugh. Although I think someone in the fc I'm in was saying that retainers might also be able to get them? But I asked if they could point me in the direction of that info posted but never got a reply. Anyone know?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Retainers coming back with Coil items? Would be news here, I think. Plenty of HM stuff and crafted stuff, but no word of raid drops to my knowledge.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Closest coil drop has been the furniture items, no actual coil tier armor / weapon / up-gradable has been recovered from retainers yet.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Lepetit89 View Post
    Seems tempting, but I'm still not entirely sure about the benefit of a higher overall blocked damage.
    Probably the best course of action to use the shield with the highest overall and keep a buckler for anything with abilities comparable to Death Sentence.
    Barring HA, Noct is the strongest overall shield by a pretty good margin in terms of total damage blocked over time.

High Allagan (9.67%)
    Noct (9.59%)
    Weathered Noct (8.84%)
    Animus (8.58%)
    Tidal Wave (8.38%)
    Wave (7.98%)
    Allagan/Atma/Zenith (7.89%)

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung View Post
    Can you parse your block rate?
    I can try; I'm new to using ACT (just dropped App for it, since it seems App isn't getting updated or working anymore, plus being a CPU hog); is there a way to set it up to track number of hits taken and number of hits blocked (either including or not including the number of hits taken; would just change the math formula a little).

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Barring HA, Noct is the strongest overall shield by a pretty good margin in terms of total damage blocked over time.

High Allagan (9.67%)
    Noct (9.59%)
    Weathered Noct (8.84%)
    Animus (8.58%)
    Tidal Wave (8.38%)
    Wave (7.98%)
    Allagan/Atma/Zenith (7.89%)
    It's just important to remember that overall damage blocked over time isn't so cut and dry as far as the question of which shield is better.

I said it in another thread somewhere (can't remember), but it's not the many hits over a long period of time that are dangerous, it's the few mega-hits (ie. DS) that can kill you.

A shield can't save your ass if it doesn't block is what I'm saying, and ass-saving is what matters most.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

There are no attacks that will one-shot you if you don't block. It's never just Death Sentence that kills you. It's that you weren't healed up from the damage before/after, or didn't block attacks after. Considering the rate drop between the absolute highest, Tidal Wave, and the lowest, Noct, is only ~18%, I think you shouldn't be relying on either to always block a specific attack.

Blocking a DS with Noct makes the whole infirmity phase a cakewalk, and not blocking it is just par for the course with any shield. Blocking a DS with Tidal Wave is just an extra second or two of breathing room, but never really makes a difference.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've seen a death sentence kill a pld from full. He had no cooldowns popped and there was no damage down effects on twin.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hardly the fault of the shield he was using, that's just bad play

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The second neurolink was dropping so we started running to divebomb area when twin decided he wanted to DS right before flying up lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

So you're saying, not only did he have the standard casting bar reaction time, he had the buffer time seeing it have to run up to him to hit him, and he STILL didn't manage to get a CD up? You're not really helping his case.

Though really, just the fact that you can manage to have a PLD and not have Halone debuff up is impressive enough on its own.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Halone was probably up, I don't pay attention to debuffs like that. I don't know why you're trying to poke holes in a single anecdotal case; the pld is a good pld. I would correct the incorrect assumptions you've made, but there's really no point. I was simply giving you an example of a move one shotting somebody from personal experience, because I thought I'd let you know that you were wrong with your statement.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    I don't know why you're trying to poke holes in a single anecdotal case
    Because this is the internet.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I once saw Eos get one shotted by Death Sentence

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Eos doesn't deserve that kind of pain. Selene on the other hand...

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Halone was probably up, I don't pay attention to debuffs like that. I don't know why you're trying to poke holes in a single anecdotal case; the pld is a good pld. I would correct the incorrect assumptions you've made, but there's really no point. I was simply giving you an example of a move one shotting somebody from personal experience, because I thought I'd let you know that you were wrong with your statement.
    If he ran out of CDs at that point, he's doing it wrong anyway. The only time it should be possible to run out of CDs is basically during the final phase and even then, you can prevent it if you know Virus is going to be up for one of the DS. That being said, there have been one or two times that I got one shotted by DS as a PLD without a CD up when we were learning T5. Halone debuff would've been up for sure, but it's pretty likely I had no Adlo/SS up for it. That being said, it's never happened since we've won T5 and I'm 99% sure that had I casted SS or had Adlo up like usual, I would've survived. It's worth noting also that I had a decent amount lower HP when it happened as well; I believe something around 6.4K. TL;DR - If it happens, it's because someone isn't doing what they're supposed to do.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Depends on how many times you get DS'd between the start of the fight and second neurolink breaking. Sentinel > Rampart > Bulwark > lolForesight > Rampart > Unmitigated > Sentinel. Do you break the second neurolink in less than two and a half minutes?

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ok opinion time, I'm close to getting my Heavy Warwolf Helm HQ made, and I've been planning the meld. So far I have Parry 3 (+3 at cap), Acc 4, 3, 3 (+21 at cap). Crit is already capped at 21. So my question, for that last materia slot... Determination or Skill Speed?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Alternative option: DEX, though I'm not a PLD, so idk how much that actually affects blocks.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast