1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 59 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 4 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 5 hours, 59 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Guess it depends on how close you are to the next tier of dex for that extra 1% block rate. Anyone have the tier breakdowns handy?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Depends on how many times you get DS'd between the start of the fight and second neurolink breaking. Sentinel > Rampart > Bulwark > lolForesight > Rampart > Unmitigated > Sentinel. Do you break the second neurolink in less than two and a half minutes?
    The p1 DS do massively less damage than the ones throughout the rest of the fight. The only one I use a cooldown for in p1 is Rampart on the very first one because you've also got the 3 adds to deal with, so it alleviates healing stress. Plus it will be back up by the time you need it in p2.

What we've always done with running out of CDs in p5 is have the OT throw in a cover+rampart for a DS, just a single link like that is usually enough to safely get through the rest of the fight.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    The p1 DS do massively less damage than the ones throughout the rest of the fight. The only one I use a cooldown for in p1 is Rampart on the very first one because you've also got the 3 adds to deal with, so it alleviates healing stress. Plus it will be back up by the time you need it in p2.

What we've always done with running out of CDs in p5 is have the OT throw in a cover+rampart for a DS, just a single link like that is usually enough to safely get through the rest of the fight.
    Basically this, but we solo tank. Only CD I use before conflag phase is Sentinel for the first DS with Twin and the 3 adds on me. Shouldn't run out until final phase like that.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I saw a dude doing all tank runs of t1 to spam to get the mount...apparently they were just entering/exiting and that counted as an 8 man run....or something like that, can anyone confirm or deny that this works?...i want my lion

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Do you know if it was as a premade, or was it from DF? I'll check either way, but I'm kinda doubtful.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    Do you know if it was as a premade, or was it from DF? I'll check either way, but I'm kinda doubtful.
    it was in PF, dude did one shout and filled up, 8 blue slots, by the time i thought to send him a /tell he was in a dungeon.

this was friday, some time in the afternoon btw Avarice, he shouted in mor dhona. i do not recall the name unfortunately or i would ask him myself.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well, DF didn't count. I'll check PF/Premade later tonight after my group finishes Turn 8.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Indomitable Will View Post
    I saw a dude doing all tank runs of t1 to spam to get the mount...apparently they were just entering/exiting and that counted as an 8 man run....or something like that, can anyone confirm or deny that this works?...i want my lion
    I got my first tank achievement after clearing T4 not on enter, so that's probably a bust.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

might have been you have to be in for a certain amount of time (3 min rule like echo's?) and or complete certain parts?....but that would be slow with 8 tanks, even all sword oath and no defiance....killing ADS would suck

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

As someone who spent the last two weeks having my gear broken by Turn 6, I can say with reasonable confidence that only full clears count.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

yeah, i agree...just if there is a t1 trick somehow, i want in lol, I'll try to track the guy down , but for some readon doubt i will have much luck....I want a lion and bear earlier than some time next year.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I just hit 60/200 last night...the majority of that just trying to get the damn fending neck from T1. So if theres a shortcut I definitely want to know.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Does anyone know the acc requirement for Turn 8? Sitting at 497 and missing considerably. ACT is averaging me at 97-98% hit rate.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kalima View Post
    I just hit 60/200 last night...the majority of that just trying to get the damn fending neck from T1. So if theres a shortcut I definitely want to know.
    I know dat feel, bro.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    Does anyone know the acc requirement for Turn 8? Sitting at 497 and missing considerably. ACT is averaging me at 97-98% hit rate.
    I just rummaged through reddit a bit and someone had 505+ as 100% (probably smaller sample size though, grain of salt there)

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Went in again today. Was at 506acc, and hitting 99% accuracy on The Avatar, so still not capped.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

506 before or after food? In my current set I have 502, but I could get to 509 by changing shields and the only i100 piece I have is the Weathered Noct Ring.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    506 before or after food? In my current set I have 502, but I could get to 509 by changing shields and the only i100 piece I have is the Weathered Noct Ring.
    After food. HQ Finger Sandwiches.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

This is what I'm wearing right now. I could be over 520 if I had Noct body (or break even by using Noct and swapping hands back to Valor).

Spoiler: show

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Since my accuracy is at 99%, I'm going to assume the tanking cap is probably 507 or 508. Also, the Dreadnaughts seem to have the accuracy requirement as the Avatar, as I had a few shield lobs miss on occasion.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast