1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 32 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 16 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 17 hours, 32 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    This is what I'm wearing right now. I could be over 520 if I had Noct body (or break even by using Noct and swapping hands back to Valor).

Spoiler: show
    Yeuch, ugly ass color but you could at least dye the pants as well so it matches.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I thought it did match pretty well ;_;

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nova Raylynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Laughing Skull

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    Since my accuracy is at 99%, I'm going to assume the tanking cap is probably 507 or 508. Also, the Dreadnaughts seem to have the accuracy requirement as the Avatar, as I had a few shield lobs miss on occasion.
    I have missed with 507.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I unexpectedly got recast as a tank (was career BRD) in my coil group after a member shake-up. I have pretty decent pre-2.2 gear, but am now trying to figure out soldiery priority. My ACC is fine; 524 without food (borderline too high). My gear is shown below:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...racter/733997/

I went Noct Ring for my first purchase. Any suggestions on the next? I was thinking Belt as my Parry is pretty low, though body is also being considered.

(Yes, the Ex weapon kind of sucks; working on Wave Shamshir as I think our tanks will be one of the last to lot the Weathered weapon upgrade items vs. DPS)

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

tbh I'm finding it difficult to upgrade to i100~110 gear on an individual piece-by-piece sort of way since most of the pieces seem to require others in order to be safe swaps. You either end up losing accuracy or parry by swapping one piece in most situations that I've encountered so far. Pain in the ass to gear this time around. Body would be the safest upgrade to go with after ring, everything else is eeeeh

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Aside: I think it's important to throw your tank a bone in regards to a better weapon if they're willing to spend the soldiery on it. DPS being 10+ ilvls over can really mess with initial hate on new adds.

Would go for Legs or Body, the one you don't get after, and replace that Vortex ring with Hero temporarily.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

lul people using weathered tomestones/sands/oils in a logical way rather than just taking them all for themselves because moar deepz

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

In my humblest of opinions, the only three Soldiery pieces that aren't shit for PLD are body, legs, ring. The belt is borderline but I think you'll end up needing the accuracy from the High Allagan belt when all is said and done.

Anyway, I'm inclined to say get the body next. You could get the legs, but the body is a larger Parry gain. I'd also say try getting your group (or PuGs if that's viable on your server) to do some old Coil to grab the Fending earrings/belt from Turn 2, and the sword from Turn 5, and snag the Hero's Ring of Fending from... whatever that NPC's name is. After the body I'd do the belt, then the legs. At the point you swap the legs out though you may need to look into Curtana Zenith/Atma/Animus or Allagan Blade to cover the accuracy loss. Depends what Coil drops you get from 6+ in between.

Edit: lul thinking more deepz isn't logical.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nova Raylynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Laughing Skull

I'm of the opinion that all your DPS should get a weapon before a tank. Weapons are just massive upgrades for dps and threat hasn't been an issue since the shield oath buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    I went Noct Ring for my first purchase. Any suggestions on the next? I was thinking Belt as my Parry is pretty low, though body is also being considered.
    I'd definitely get the body first.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    Guess it depends on how close you are to the next tier of dex for that extra 1% block rate. Anyone have the tier breakdowns handy?
    I have 13 DEX on my i90 Helmet, goves, and boots giving me 29+9 (i70 ring). I hit 246 with DEX bonus, which is a great sweet spot. Not saying these ain't fake numbers... but I remember them being tested on tiers of 15 at one point.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    I'm pretty sure block rate, like strength, can be rough estimated as [(rate/10)+10]%, so Noct is about 21-23% rate.
    I wish I had the brain to remember back where I saw this but:

"it was tested that kite shields (relic) will mitigate more damage over time than buckers (Primal shield) or towers (Noct). Also, multiplying the two numbers at the top of the shield will give you a good idea of its usefulness."

EDIT: But at 110, how could you go wrong?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

PLD needs a Defending Ring in this game. It's just not the same without it. I fell nekkid. Make it like a .00000005% drop from KB FATE. And make it upgradeable through quests so it's always 1/2 best rings. =D

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

At least we have two not-shitty rings at i110, unlike i90.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Which ones? Not seeing a really major difference in stat spread between Hero Fending and Allagan Fending vs. Noct Ring and High Allagan Fending. First ring exchanging Skill Speed for DTR and the second ring retaining ACC. You actually lose a point of parry with 110 rings compared to 90 ones. Unless you're referring to Hero ring only having 11 parry instead of 13/14 (Ultima ring)

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Moreso that Allagan was skill speed and High Allagan is DET, but yes, Ultima having more Parry than Hero's was pretty lame.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

meh not too worried about the dtr since it's not a very big amount, but the parry on the two being closer together is rather nice. kind of interesting how they went with i100/i110 tanking gear; lots of dropped parry in favor of other stats this time around. wonder why that was. noct shield? who knows.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    WTH? Where's my Damage Taken -10%? D: I demand a refund!!!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask but when I look at BiS with Parry priority the accuracy comes up short. So I was wonder if anyone knows if you can rebuy a Weathered Noct Ring after you upgrade one so you can wear one Noct Ring and one Weathered Noct Ring. Any clues?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Maybe this is the wrong place to ask but when I look at BiS with Parry priority the accuracy comes up short. So I was wonder if anyone knows if you can rebuy a Weathered Noct Ring after you upgrade one so you can wear one Noct Ring and one Weathered Noct Ring. Any clues?
    Rather sure you can, but then you lose VIT, so nononono.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast