1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 7 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 2 hours, 23 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Unless you have a High Allagan ring scheduled to fall into your lap (which doesn't have acc btw) I don't see what the problem is.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Unless you have a High Allagan ring scheduled to fall into your lap (which doesn't have acc btw) I don't see what the problem is.
    Well that wasn't the post. It seemed to indicate a decision between Noct + HA and Noct + Weathered Noct.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Rather sure you can, but then you lose VIT, so nononono.
    If you are worried about 3 VIT then I am worried about your healers.

Assuming accuracy cap is 504(?) with this stuff it comes to 485 accuracy. If you swap the HA ring for a Weathered Noct however, you get to 502. So that's kinda why I was asking. Or is there another, better setup for Parry that I am not seeing?

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

That 3 VIT will likely be more useful than the 18 parry you get on HA Hands...

Also I thought T9 Acc cap was closer to 510.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I highly doubt 3 VIT or 18 parry will make or break anything, but making an argument that somehow 70 HP is a deal-breaker is weak imo.

If the front accuracy "cap" is closer to 510 then the hands are a favorable swap to make that happen then. Is that confirmed somewhere?

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    In my humblest of opinions, the only three Soldiery pieces that aren't shit for PLD are body, legs, ring. The belt is borderline but I think you'll end up needing the accuracy from the High Allagan belt when all is said and done.
    I believe you'd need either the Noct Earrings or the High Allagan Belt to meet accuracy requirements (after food) for Second Coil, don't think you can get away with taking the parry option for both slots.

Assuming that this is still the best in slot list.
    http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/MB1I

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post

Assuming accuracy cap is 504(?) with this stuff it comes to 485 accuracy. If you swap the HA ring for a Weathered Noct however, you get to 502. So that's kinda why I was asking. Or is there another, better setup for Parry that I am not seeing?
    If you're worried about 18 Parry I worry about your gearing choices.

EHP with 3 extra VIT: ((7000 HP + 15 * 3) * (100 / 100)) = 7045 eHP (excluding Shield Oath/base Parry because they don't matter)

18 Parry is ~ 18 * 0.076 = 1.37% Parrying rate, 1.37% * 24% parry strength = ~0.33%

EHP with 18 extra Parry: (7000 HP * (100 / (100 - 0.33)) = 7023 eHP

VIT will almost always win, and that also ignores that Parrying is devalued proportionately to your block rate which means the extra Parry is actually less eHP still. The accuracy cap is also ~515 for T9 according to BG tanks so you're still undershooting there, even with your Finger Sandwiches. Swap belts and don't be dumb. I hate relying on food to hit the cap so I'd also be swapping chokers but that's me.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

EHP with 3 extra VIT: ((7000 HP + 15 * 3) * (100 / 100)) = 7045 eHP (excluding Shield Oath/base Parry because they don't matter)

18 Parry is ~ 18 * 0.076 = 1.37% Parrying rate, 1.37% * 24% parry strength = ~0.33%

EHP with 18 extra Parry: (7000 HP * (100 / (100 - 0.33)) = 7023 eHP

VIT will almost always win, and that also ignores that Parrying is devalued proportionately to your block rate which means the extra Parry is actually less eHP still. The accuracy cap is also ~515 for T9 according to BG tanks so you're still undershooting there, even with your Finger Sandwiches. Swap belts and don't be dumb. I hate relying on food to hit the cap so I'd also be swapping chokers but that's me.
    That would make this BiS then (1 more Parry than Avarice's and more ACC too): http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/MB2U

(Also means I can hold off on buying belt, meaning BLM gearing starts a week earlier than planned)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

<math>

I wasn't worried about bits of either stat as I stated earlier when I said...

I highly doubt 3 VIT or 18 parry will make or break anything, but making an argument that somehow 70 HP is a deal-breaker is weak imo.
    That guy made it seems like giving up 3 VIT was gonna be the end of the world. I probably should have asked this all in the WAR thread but this one seemed more appropriate since there was actual related discussion. Partially I was asking about it for the PLD in my group too. I don't worry about Block Rate but he does so there's that.

Knowing the accuracy requirements for 100% land rate is always top priority, which is what sparked my question to begin with. I was looking for a way to preserve roughly the same amount of Parry while adding more Accuracy to reach the "cap". And you can "hate" relying on food for accuracy caps but... you're gonna eat food with accuracy on it much of the time anyway so yeah... not trying to be dumb, chill on the insult there buddy.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I wasn't worried about bits of either stat as I stated earlier when I said...
    You can't really say this, because on one hand you're telling me the better option doesn't matter, while on the other hand telling me the worse option is superior because it still undercaps your accuracy, gives you less eHP, and costs you more Soldiery tomes. You're telling people 70 HP doesn't matter while simultaneously arguing that something even less significant makes a difference. It's hypocritical and nonsensical.

That guy made it seems like giving up 3 VIT was gonna be the end of the world. I probably should have asked this all in the WAR thread but this one seemed more appropriate since there was actual related discussion. Partially I was asking about it for the PLD in my group too. I don't worry about Block Rate but he does so there's that.
    At least he had a point. What was yours? That spending more soldiery to build a worse set is better than spending nothing for a better set? If neither one makes a difference why not go for the free option?

Knowing the accuracy requirements for 100% land rate is always top priority, which is what sparked my question to begin with. I was looking for a way to preserve roughly the same amount of Parry while adding more Accuracy to reach the "cap". And you can "hate" relying on food for accuracy caps but... you're gonna eat food with accuracy on it much of the time anyway so yeah... not trying to be dumb, chill on the insult there buddy.
    What you should be looking for is a way to preserve roughly the same eHP, which you were given and summarily dismissed for reasons evidently beyond my comprehension.

None of the Parrying foods available will cap your accuracy from 502 so regardless of whether or not you want to risk missing when your food wears off mid fight, you need to add accuracy to that set. You could swap earrings from High Allagan to Noct, but that's 7 less accuracy than if you swapped belts (but 9 more crit/DET and 13 less skill speed). I'll probably end up swapping earrings to Noct and swapping chokers to High Allagan after looking at the stats again (only swapping earrings or belt won't cap you without food). This will give me some breathing room should content with higher-still accuracy requirements be introduced and also allow me the freedom to use Buttons in a Blanket or something if I want to.

Don't be dumb wasn't an insult, it was a suggestion.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

After spending a night working on Turn 9, I have a newfound appreciation for Awareness.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

If it took you this long to find an appreciation for Awareness I feel kinda bad for you, that shit is damn amazing and I often keep it on CD for everything but T4, because nothing can crit in T4.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    If it took you this long to find an appreciation for Awareness I feel kinda bad for you, that shit is damn amazing and I often keep it on CD for everything but T4, because nothing can crit in T4.
    I always knew Awareness was really good and I used it a lot, but Turn 9 takes it to an entirely new level; Nael crits so often (and usually for 3000-3500+) that it's not even funny.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Nael crit rate is ~3%. It's still moderately useful to ensure you don't get hit by a crit at a bad time.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Twentytwo Obv
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    After spending a night working on Turn 9, I have a newfound appreciation for Awareness.
    This. Awareness went from being one of the crappiest abilities to one of the best by far, so many crits coming left and right in coil these days.

Soldiery tomes question:

Would you suggest picking not BiS, but straight upgrade pieces first (lv.100 Noct Belt over my lv.80 Belt of Light) or start with the BiS items (lv.100 Noct body over L.90 Heavy Allagan) nonetheless?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmir Rainteau
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'd go for the bis options unless you're rolling in unspent soldiery. Also I'd probably upgrade from the belt of light into the hero's belt of fending if you don't want to get the allagan belt from turn two.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    Soldiery tomes question:

Would you suggest picking not BiS, but straight upgrade pieces first (lv.100 Noct Belt over my lv.80 Belt of Light) or start with the BiS items (lv.100 Noct body over L.90 Heavy Allagan) nonetheless?
    Noct Belt still is BiS when you don't need acc; you just have to adjust for Coil v2 although you should be able to use the belt for awhile if you pick up Noct body as well (I'm currently @ 524 acc without food and with Noct belt)
    I was irritated with Allagan Plate Belt never dropping for me so I opted for Noct.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nova Raylynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Laughing Skull

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    Soldiery tomes question:

I would go for the biggest upgrades first. You can't control what is going to drop and you're just going to equip whatever item has the higher ilvl anyway. There of course will be times when you replaced something you spent soldiery on but as it is I am two pieces short of the "BiS" soldiery pieces. After I buy those two pieces i'll just start replacing i90 things without any worry because the soldiery tomes don't really matter to me after I get the "must have" pieces.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I heard a rumor about Attack Power affecting the enmity potency of Flash, and since STR also affects the amount of damage you block/parry I decided to try building a STR/DET build on PLD for playing around with in dungeons and maybe some other lower level content that doesn't require super high HP.

I was running Halatali HM with it a couple times, and I was blocking/parrying upwards to 30% with an Allagan Round Shield. This set is only i90, since I'm not planning on spending any soldiery on PLD for awhile. Other jobs with priority. I had about 5800 HP and 459 parry. So lose about 1000~ HP and 100~ parry, but gain 65 STR and 79 Determination, as the damage I was taking, it still felt like less.

I have an ACT parse, but not quite sure how to get it C/P'd here, attempted "as plain text" and it was a bit unorganized.

Any ideas where is this set would be handy?

I could also try maximizing the left side for Parry while still keeping the STR accessories and I still have 60 more Determination but only lose 64 parry.

EDIT: Just did a Brayflox with the option just posted at the end, I think I like that one a bit better. The 64 extra parry works nice along all the STR accessories.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast