1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 18 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 15 hours, 26 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    My 5th is Protect and I use it more then I should have to. Esp in FL and duty finder.
    ^

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

My 5th is Protect and I use it more then I should have to. Esp in FL and duty finder.
    Protect doesn't do anything in FL (except maybe eat a dispel -- idk how dispel decides which buff to eat)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Protect doesn't do anything in FL (except maybe eat a dispel -- idk how dispel decides which buff to eat)
    Really...never knew that. Still helps for Duty finder, esp HM mobs! Protect while waiting for PS users to zone in!

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Really...never knew that. Still helps for Duty finder, esp HM mobs! Protect while waiting for PS users to zone in!
    Hey now, some of us have SSD's and don't have that problem.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Is this SSD Master Race discussion? Because SSD Master Race.

Almost to 10, keep up those quality posts.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What's better, 6 block strength and rate or 15 Parry?

I don't have a lot of info on those 2 statistics, but my lack of knowledge tells me that Ironworks is probably better than Dreadwyrm. Wrong?

edit: also of note is that Ironworks has accuracy as well

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The extra VIT from Dreadwyrm will make it better than Ironworks unless you need the accuracy. The difference hardly matters though.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    The extra VIT from Dreadwyrm will make it better than Ironworks unless you need the accuracy. The difference hardly matters though.
    ^ This

1str,1vit,7det,15ss vs 15block,10acc

They did a good job, once is nice for progressing up to t12 while the other is superior once you have a few drops.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Juran Harvey
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Looking to see people's opinions, and also data, about Parry and Determination for Paladin. I've seen a lot of going back and forth on other forums, but nothing solid to claim one is better than the other. I'm on ps4 so I can't find out exactly myself which weighs in better, or if one holds a significant advantage over the other. For some time, I've been stacking Parry for the best overall mitigation for raids. I'd like to hear thoughts from other end game Paladins, and if you have data on det and parry tiers for Paladin I would love to look at it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Parry is for the first few weeks of progression only. It is a useless stat outside of that time period.

There are no det or parry tiers, only STR on block and parry damage reduction %.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hi everyone,

This may have been asked before but I did not see anything specifically on it. I was told the other day that I was an idiot for putting my points into VIT. The person didn't really say why it was stupid. I keep hate well enough even against really geared people. I am item level 126 with the Excalibur and Aegis(not Zeta yet but half way done with that). Can someone explain why it is so important for STR over VIT, or was I correct in thinking VIT is better or just as good. Please let me know what you think.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

are you getting hit hard enough that you wouldnt survive the hits with your points in str? use vit

if not, you're doing less damage on trash content for no reason basically

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hm, my rule for VIT is this:

Do you do new/fresh coil on release? Go VIT.
    Do you wait around (get more gear) before trying the new coils? Go STR. Everything else can be done in STR

There's a group of people that have extremely narrow perceptions on roles in the game. Like the SCH or WHM getting called an idiot for DPSing when they should be healing; same principle here. But depending on what you were doing at the time, it could be people were impatient and think that if you had put 30str into PLD the encounter could've ended maybe quicker . . .

edit: so if you were farming zeta lights and was fighting garuda, then yeh STR would be better.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

At i126 you need to be 30/30 STR.

Attribute points are the best STR gain for Tanks since VIT accessories have more VIT compared to their STR counterparts. Ex. i130 fending is 27vit, i130 slaying is 22str

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The maximum base VIT a tank needs in current content is ~650. This is 30 STR, i135 weapon, i130 armor, and i110 melded accessories. I would not recommend going below this if you're MT on T13, otherwise on everything else you can add in i130 STR as appropriate based on your healers and personal comfort on the fight.

Max VIT/parry is for progression/learning.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Really it comes down to couple of things

1. What is the highest tier content you're doing? And are you the MT?
    2. How good are your healers?
    3. Are you willing to meld accessories?

As mentioned above, if it's FCOB and you're MT, you're going to need melded accessories. If your healers aren't great, I wouldn't risk it either.

Like for me I'm DPS for FCOB so I can basically do whatever I want with my PLD as that's the only place the VIT matters (it also means I don't have to worry about melding accessories)

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

From the perspective of someone who has been MT since 2nd coil: I saw little reason to ever upgrade right side VIT with (the limited tomes of the time). The unrestricted time gear is more than enough. My very first kill of T9 I might have been wearing full VIT but I changed to 30Str the next week and upgraded to Ruby the next week. I stuck with Ruby all the way to T12 and then wore VIT again for T13 until we beat it a couple times (swapped back to 30VIT at some point but I'm long past needing it, just lazy).

Now I wear Platinum. Unless next tier of equipment massively outstrips all former gear, I don't see it being immediately replaced so I'm not worried about it being a "waste of money". I was more concerns with upgrading left side gear first because any VIT accessories I bought with weekly tomes were eventually going to be obsoleted. So staying with Ruby allowed is to be flexible with which tank gets dropped VIT accs (not many!) and otherwise spending tomes more efficiently for progression.

In that phase of learning T13 the VIT accs I wore were just like Shiva wrist and 110s so upgrading to Platinum in my case was basically 0 difference to survivability.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

For T10-12, you can use full Slaying accessories. For T13, I made this set for our tank. Ariyala assumes 30 VIT, so the HP is actually 8.173k when you have food and PT buffs. If you do a 7 man raid, you can get away with 8.4k HP, but 9k HP accounts for healing/tanking errors and additional damage from mechanics. If you're doing progression, you can add more VIT; however, make sure you have enough STR to sustain initial aggro.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Oh nice, Ariyala took my suggestion and added slaying ACC's to tank page.