1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 10 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 23 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Moogles     submit to reddit submit to twitter

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by rcade View Post
    It may sound silly, but has anyone tried 3 tanking this fight? Could you even queue up with x3 tanks? It seems like it could potentially make it easy mode if ya could meet the dps check at the end. Tank the King on the East or West, WAR & PLD tanked near eachother on the opposite side. No stacks to worry about on any of the minions. Charm would probably grab both tanks, leaving at least one healer to esuna/leech. You'd have to take all the minions down pretty low each phase, but it seems like this could work no?

Tanking him is pretty easy, the PLD and WAR typically are not the problem spots. I could see it working with 2 Tanking in STR builds to help take down the little moogles and one standard tank for holding the king. Not sure its worth the effort.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Tanking him is pretty easy, the PLD and WAR typically are not the problem spots. I could see it working with 2 Tanking in STR builds to help take down the little moogles and one standard tank for holding the king. Not sure its worth the effort.
    It would also be hard to find a consistent location where there aren't any moogles, so most of the advantage would be negated I think. You're better off with more DPS to push the phases faster. Less ults = less chance for a mistake = easier win.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    It would also be hard to find a consistent location where there aren't any moogles, so most of the advantage would be negated I think. You're better off with more DPS to push the phases faster. Less ults = less chance for a mistake = easier win.
    It'd be a slower fight, for sure. I think it would be easier to keep King Moogle away from the minions because ya wouldn't have to worry at all about tank swapping, and the WAR & PLD would theoretically never pickup stacks. So what exactly would that mean? I don't know.. what would Mog-Go-Round or Charm look like with zero stacks? Would they even go off? It was just a random idea for groups having trouble clearing, probably a bad one!!

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Spent 1h on this fight

People kept dying on moogle round, I kept using Leeches on the debuff and it says no effect

w/e can i do to make sure people dont die?

all 3-4 debuffs i cannot leeches

Mogdark
    Moglight
    Mog around or w/e the name is

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

You can Leech Bemoggled. You were trying to Leech the wrong debuff.

Bemoggled and one of the resist-down looks very similar.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

poison charm on healers is mega shit, is it for sure the closest people to the paladin?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Bemoggled and one of the resist-down looks very similar.
    Pretty much. One that looks like a fucked up W (on the bottom) is what you want removed. There's enough time for one healer to get both targets if they react quickly.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Pretty much. One that looks like a fucked up W (on the bottom) is what you want removed. There's enough time for one healer to get both targets if they react quickly.
    Wow ok thanks

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    poison charm on healers is mega shit, is it for sure the closest people to the paladin?
    Yes, always two closest non-tanks to PLD (plus the tank tanking the PLD as well iirc). We typically put two ranged DPS (BRD/SMN/BLM) on either side of the PLD. No one goes between them and the PLD and it guarantees they get chained. As soon as the chain appears, both take off in opposite directions; if they do it well, they can be erased before even getting to the green slime. Shit happens though and someone else occasionally wanders over while dodging to get chained; just need to adapt and make sure it's not a healer if possible. Both healers is a wipe.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Yes, always two closest non-tanks to PLD (plus the tank tanking the PLD as well iirc). We typically put two ranged DPS (BRD/SMN/BLM) on either side of the PLD. No one goes between them and the PLD and it guarantees they get chained. As soon as the chain appears, both take off in opposite directions; if they do it well, they can be erased before even getting to the green slime. Shit happens though and someone else occasionally wanders over while dodging to get chained; just need to adapt and make sure it's not a healer if possible. Both healers is a wipe.
    You can survive both healers if they have the foresight to run across the arena as the chains form. However, if both healers are getting caught, foresight is probably not their specialty to begin with

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

There's no acc requirements for this fight. Had 100% at 375 acc on mnk.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Haalia Melchiott
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Why are people still so goddamn terrible at this fight?

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I dunno. I find it damn near impossible to wipe knowing now that you can Esuna/Leech your own Thrown for a Loop. Sooo many parties still wipe to that shit because DPS don't pay attention to the PLD/healers don't know they can do so.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

How can I Esuna myself on PLD? (meds?)

Really hate this fight but want a couple ribbons.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It's like precasting Esuna/Leeches on yourself with good timing, iirc, so you can't do it on PLD.

Speaking of, I've only beaten this fight like once so I have no idea what to watch for to actually do this. It looked like it draws tethers to 3 people really quick before doing thrown for a loop?

Also the stupid archer hits for like 5k with Mograin of Death. Are my tanks bad and just letting it stand next to king, or is this normal?

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    It's like precasting Esuna/Leeches on yourself with good timing, iirc, so you can't do it on PLD.

Speaking of, I've only beaten this fight like once so I have no idea what to watch for to actually do this. It looked like it draws tethers to 3 people really quick before doing thrown for a loop?

Also the stupid archer hits for like 5k with Mograin of Death. Are my tanks bad and just letting it stand next to king, or is this normal?
    It's as the chain vanishes, for esuna/leech. And yes, bad tanks. You always keep the king away from Woolywart. Him and the THF are the 2 you have to worry about the most. THF seems to only do what he does when he attacks from behind with multiple stacks, though I could be wrong.

Not too sure but the THF may function like the WHM and BLM. Seems doing ~1k from behind will send him running. I usually poke away at him when he comes near my king and he'll take off quickly.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

By the way, Titan tanking king really does make this fight a lot easier. I expected managing stacks to be annoying, but the only problem moogle would be the thief. Also having everyone have above 4500 or whatever is required to survive delta attack makes the fight much more forgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Tanks should actively keep away from Woolywart. RoD normally does 600-1200 damage depending on BRD buff. 2-3 stacks of king buff will wreck your shit.

Fortunately, Woolywart doesn't wander around much like the other moogles. He's either a) in his standard spot, putting arrows straight in your rear, b) moving to use Delta/moving back from Delta, or c) moving to use RoD+charm+poison/moving back from that. It is very easy to keep track of him.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    knowing now that you can Esuna/Leech your own Thrown for a Loop
    Not sure about other healers, but I'm 50:50 on leeching my own loop. The timing is pretty damn strict since you have to be casting pretty much right when the tether disappears on you, but before the charm fully takes control, otherwise you get no-effect after you're charmed.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    By the way, Titan tanking king really does make this fight a lot easier. I expected managing stacks to be annoying, but the only problem moogle would be the thief. Also having everyone have above 4500 or whatever is required to survive delta attack makes the fight much more forgiving.
    why is there a stipulation on the easiest attack to dodge? its not like they say DELTA GO in text bubbles beforehand or anything