1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 13 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 days, 20 hours, 42 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Leviathan Extreme     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Also I dunno if I just didn't see the damage popup, but I think I evaded Dread Tide entirely on one occasion. For the very first adds that spawn right after Levi splits, I Heavy>Skull Levi, ran over to north end to grab an add, juked towards the middle (which would be strafing relative to Levi's head I guess), and I thought Dread Tide just straight up missed me. Couldn't recreate it intentionally so maybe I'm just crazy.

Though in a reverse of that, I have been hit by the less-damaging cascades of Dread Tide in addition to the primary hit by walking in a line straight away from Levi on the way to an add. So uh... don't do that.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

May have been answered but how does the loot pool work for Levi EX?

Is it always two items? Saw Mount and WHM shield in the second slot last night so just wondering what the possible drops are in that second slot or if it's just totally random for the two slots?

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    May have been answered but how does the loot pool work for Levi EX?

Is it always two items? Saw Mount and WHM shield in the second slot last night so just wondering what the possible drops are in that second slot or if it's just random for the two?
    Weapons have their own slot, and each shield has their own slots. I've never seen a Mount and a Mirror drop at the same time, so I'm not sure if they share one, but I don't think they do. Going off that, then in theory, the best loot pool you could see would be five items: a weapon, a shield, a shield, a mirror, and a whistle.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Ah yes I see your epic dorp screenshot there

Also wanted to add that the work they've done with Audio in this fight is pretty fucking ace. (It is in general for the rest of the game but it really comes into it's own here). With decent surround sound you can hear exactly where he going to dive and slam from, even if you haven't got your camera in quite the right spot.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yeah, I usually point my camera to one end of the platform and use the sound of the splashes to tell me if it's behind me. It's a fairly nice fight where you can use other senses to help dodge things.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I looked around and haven't seen it pointed out, sorry if repost: Spinning Dives (dashes) always follow tail placement. If tail is at NE, the first dash will be from N or E, this means you only have to watch one corner of the arena to see the splash. The second dash will always come from a side opposite of the tail placement. So again, if tail was NE, 1st dash will come from N or E, and second dash will come from S or W. Makes dodging a whole lot easier.

What kinda DPS are you guys getting? I managed 358 DPS on my 91 DRG last night, I have no idea if that's decent.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by datkoops View Post
    I managed 358 DPS on my 91 DRG last night
    No, you didn't. Not with ACT anyway.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaixin View Post
    No, you didn't. Not with ACT anyway.
    I guess that's a good sign XD was with ACT actually. I noticed I critted 100% on Full Thrusts and Phlebs, 23% crit overall. I'll double check when I get home, pretty sure that was the total DPS.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

What kinda DPS are you guys getting? I managed 358 DPS on my 91 DRG last night, I have no idea if that's decent.
    Were you counting the amount of time he's underwater? Because that number seems fabricated. Very mediocre SMN was pulling 270-280 with pet.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Man maybe it was 258 XD I dunno, I use box-stock ACT settings. Haven't played with it too much. Let's assume it was 258 bahaha. Anyway, what do other DRGs/BLMs get?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Leviathan spent very little time underwater the last few times I fought him, due to all the phase skipping.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Just a bit of help for OT on keeping hate on tail VS crazy dps. As OT, the best method for me is to Fight or Flight, Shield lob 2x on the tail (First shield lob you need to spam F11 to target nearest npc since you can attack it while still underwater), First two hits of the combo to charge. If adds spawn close, use RoH on add closest to you, CoS + Flash your way back to tail. Main tank should grab the add closest to him. If they appear on the far side (OT will grab both), hit the tail with combo hit 3 and use lobs/flash/CoS.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Nicostrato View Post
    Just a bit of help for OT on keeping hate on tail VS crazy dps. As OT, the best method for me is to Fight or Flight, Shield lob 2x on the tail (First shield lob you need to spam F11 to target nearest npc since you can attack it while still underwater), First two hits of the combo to charge. If adds spawn close, use RoH on add closest to you, CoS + Flash your way back to tail. Main tank should grab the add closest to him. If they appear on the far side (OT will grab both), hit the tail with combo hit 3 and use lobs/flash/CoS.
    You have time for 3 GCD before adds spawn (they spawn before 4th is up). So you do 1 Halone combo on the tail immediately then move out to collect adds. Lob/Voke+Lob/spam flash.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Or better, slide into the head (like as soon as Slam animation starts, just hit it with Fast/Heavy), run over to tail, Savage/Skull > Halone/Butcher. Done.

Sliding into the head in general is a good way to boost your DPS because you can hit it 1-2 GCDs sooner than the tail, and in p1 there's no reason to massively outrange the slam's knockback. As DRG you never have to do Full Thrust if you don't want to. Can bounce between head and tail (and spumes) maintaining Chaos Thrust and Phleb.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    As DRG you never have to do Full Thrust if you don't want to.
    Plz explain why you'd want to skip Full Thrust. I Full Thrust Leviathan after every slam (before tail pops). If I have Leg Sweep up, I'll hit him with that as I run away to the tail, or use a jump over to the tail, just wanna get that extra bit of deeps in when possible.

Can bounce between head and tail (and spumes) maintaining Chaos Thrust and Phleb.
    Agree, this is the most fun part of the fight. Tab DOTing spumes during dive phases is hilarious (when you don't get yourself killed).

Edit: I confused Heavy Thrust and Full Thrust, they are just buttons to me now XD

Plz explain why you'd want to skip Full Thrust.
    He did explain if you actually read his comment. Unless you don't actually know shit about DRG, which seems to be the case.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Plz explain why you'd want to skip Full Thrust. I Full Thrust Leviathan after every slam (before tail pops). If I have Leg Sweep up, I'll hit him with that as I run away to the tail, or use a jump over to the tail, just wanna get that extra bit of deeps in when possible.
    Full Thrust is DRG's least potent (average) combo. It's filler when no dots or de/buffs need refreshing. We only ever do it because it's better than just refreshing Chaos a few GCDs early, it's better for burst damage than Chaos Thrust (arguable, because after 2-3 ticks CT combo is same potency), and because it's better for Life Surge. In a fight like Levi where you can literally spend all of your time refreshing dots instead, you could just use Life Surge with Jump or DFD.

If you are spending enough time at head, even when sliding into it, to do a full FT combo, you're doing it wrong. HT > Phleb > be at tail already for IDC.

Full Thrust combo: True Thrust (150pot) > Vorpal Thrust (200) > Full Thrust (330)
    Total potency: 680
    Average potency: 226.67

Chaos Thrust combo: Impulse Drive (180pot, rear starter) > Disembowl (220) > Chaos Thrust (200 + 30/tic DoT for 10 tics, total 500)
    Total potency: 600 (+300 DoT)
    Average potency: 200 ("300" including DoT)

Phlebotomize: 170pot + 25/tic DoT for 6 tics
    Total potency: 290

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    He did explain if you actually read his comment. Unless you don't actually know shit about DRG, which seems to be the case.
    Had a brain fart, I mixed up Heavy Thrust and Full Thrust. You're assumption is spot-on, though; I must be some kind of fucking idiot.

HT > Phleb > be at tail already for IDC.
    Yupyupyupyup sorry, this is what I do.

I also usually do Impulse Drive on the tail once more when adds pop, just so I don't have to try and land it on a potentially moving/turning target. I end up doing a lot of preemptive Impulse Drives in this fight then switching to the next target just to make my life easier. I'm sure I need to find some balance between DOT tabbing and TTT's, though, coz I know I'm throwing some DOTs on adds that don't have time to tick through for optimal DPS. This fight is ridiculously dynamic depending on the party and mechanics, I love it!

Also also I double checked my saved parse last night and it was 358 with DRG, must have been a combination of phase pushing, tab DOTing, and LOTS of crits. If that's not possible or whatever, I guess ACT messed up /shrug. I know I had a particularly fluid fight due to dive phases allowing me to hit spumes/adds pretty much at all times.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung View Post
    You have time for 3 GCD before adds spawn (they spawn before 4th is up). So you do 1 Halone combo on the tail immediately then move out to collect adds. Lob/Voke+Lob/spam flash.
    ^ this

I do a full RoH combo on the tail then prep for the adds. I save SW for the add in case my GCD is in the middle. If they pop on the other side I lob, SW then start my combo.

For the second add I FB the tail then run across to the head. SB,SW,RoH,CoS if up,FB,SB then start my stuns.

For the 2nd caster add I pop tempered will just before the deck slam. This allows me to run towards the deck slam and already lock down the add while everyone else is sliding.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung View Post
    Ya, you are right, it is a bit tight to get in 4. My mistake, what I actually was doing last night was two lobs and the first hit of combo with Fight or Flight, and I had combo hit 2 and 3 ready in case they spawned next to me. Your method works good too, I am sure

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast