1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Leviathan Extreme     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puddles are the only thing that make dives difficult.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Jubei'Thos

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    So my FC recently started doing Levi (I know, it's old content) and I had an idea for dives, but I need to test it and see if the timing works. Presume head is NW and tail is NE:

http://viperbeam.com/ffxiv/levi_dives.png

Seems to me that if everyone gathers at north edge of the center circle right after Tidal Roar, you can wait for Levi to jump in the water, then as soon as puddles appear, start running south (like triple eruptions during Ifrit EX) with camera facing north.

If spout appears N(W), move slightly to the right and continue running south.
    If spout appears N(E), move slightly to the left and continue running south.
    If you don't see a N spout, he's popping to the E (but not E(S)), which means you just keep running straight south to the safe zone.

Then everyone gathers at south edge of circle, flip camera 180 degrees and do it again.

Early on, it seems like placing/dodging puddles is more difficult than the dives (which are predictable).
    Pretty much what I already do as melee/tank - and pray to god that range dont drop teardrops in the middle of the platform.

The pattern I use to dodge is different for each group. By default I want to end up in the south safe zone, but if I'm in a party that will hog that space and drop puddles all over it I will move in a circle toward the front and be ready to take my chances there.

Getting hit by one puddle is ok, so I just go where less people are going.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Because everyone in Levi pugs tracks grandfall everywhere I will generally either:

-Stay near the head when dive+fall is coming, so I don't deal with any of it
    -Run to complete opposite corner from head, track plumes across the length of the ship, and dodge dive w/Sprint usually (can get tricky if other fall targets are especially chaotic).

I generally always do the latter for Converter dive because one less group of puddles on the switch is always welcome.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So some confirmation here, I have a drg friend swearing up and down he gets his impulse drive > disembowel combo etc off on leviathan...clarified he's saying on levi itself not adds. Confirm/deny/wtf?

Ya, its one of the few things in this game that makes sense.

The tail is his rear

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    Ya, its one of the few things in this game that makes sense.

The tail is his rear
    Cool, all I've done the fight on is healer and a bit of tanking head, just remembered all the drg complaints from the preview vid, guess either SE caved to the complaints or the drgs were ...jumping the gun.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Jumping the gun.