1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 3 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 6 hours, 53 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Leviathan Extreme     submit to reddit submit to twitter

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

He means Grand Fall. I'm certain I've seen them as healer as well.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I've certainly had them as BLM.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I've seen them on other people, when playing BRD, pretty sure they can spawn on anyone, healer/tank/dps.

having said that, it is best to try and drop them on the outside and creep back to the middle when there are multiple drops but lots of people just run around freaking out. I die more to bubbles then to dashes.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So weird. Like five runs, one win, and 100% of the Grand Falls on two people. Every guide seems to indicate it's random; one guide actually says it OT / Random DPS which is definitely not correct. I will just go with random for now.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

In one of my runs the OT mentioned they got it almost every time. Though when I was farming it and I was OT, it was only on me maybe 1/3 of the time. Calling random on this.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

25 runs as healer, 8 as MT. Never seen Grand Falls on me unless DPS are dead

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm hypothesizing that plumes are DPS prioritized a little bit and go by hate on the tail a little bit. When we were learning with two bards it would always be on both the bards every single time. And then when we were learning with me on brd, and a drg, blm, smn it was always on me and I believe always on the drg. And then when the third one started it was on the tail's tank.

With how often it was on me, it's definitely not random.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    I'm hypothesizing that plumes are DPS prioritized a little bit and go by hate on the tail a little bit. When we were learning with two bards it would always be on both the bards every single time. And then when we were learning with me on brd, and a drg, blm, smn it was always on me and I believe always on the drg. And then when the third one started it was on the tail's tank.

With how often it was on me, it's definitely not random.
    ^ this has been my perception as well. never gotten bubbles as healer or MT. have gotten killed by bards and OT dropping their bubbles onto me as I try to push the button. don't come near the button plz you're hurting me why

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'll look over tail hate when that happens, but I definitely received Grand Fall icon as healer. Not sure why I would have hate over over BRDs.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

As an aside, Manawall will block the damage and knockback of Spinning Dive but you will still gain a stack of water vulnerability up.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Alternatively, rather than tail hate it could be lowest hate on head? This might make more sense. Bard's should usually be lowest hate on the head unless they're spreading dots. And the tail tank would probably be third lowest if there are two magical dps.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

How are OTs dealing with initial tail hate?

By the time I smack the tail twice the first 2 adds pop and I have to run away to grab them. This is obviously just an issue on the first tail pop but I'm hoping to make it smoother.

Do you round them up and head back to the tail or let them die then go back?

The 2nd add, are you PLD stunning him like a Dread?

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think Deadgye has something here; think it's highest non-healer / tank hate on the tail. When it was BRD BRD BLM SMN, it was 100% on the two BRDs. When we did it BRD BRD DRG BLM with the DRG mostly doing the tail, it was a toss-up between the DRG and two BRDs. When someone dies, it seems to be a crapshoot at that point.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post

By the time I smack the tail twice the first 2 adds pop and I have to run away to grab them. This is obviously just an issue on the first tail pop but I'm hoping to make it smoother.

Only stun the Dreadtide / Dreadwash moves themselves or he will be immune too early imo. Have your WHM or SMN be ready with Fluid Aura / Knockback as well for the end (learned this is a PUG where we won); the knockback interrupts, but Fluid Aura misses fairly often since most WHMs have mediocre ACC. It did save one run though, so worth noting. Dreadwash with railings down is like 90% wipe typically; half the party just cruises off the edge.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

As MT, I've been instructed to go generate a bunch of hate on the tail as soon as it pops so the OT can focus completely on the adds. OT deals with adds, and once they're dead, MT goes back to head and OT vokes off MT. Advice to MTs doing this: blow heavy defensive cooldowns immediately after pulling the tail, you're about to take a bunch of damage.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

We just have one tank grab an add each. That seemed to work perfectly imo. When it was one tank trying to grab both someone would always steal hate on levi. Stunlocking the caster add is confusing. Sometimes it seems like he always does ruin ruin darkness first and so we can stunlock him after darkness. But sometimes he just does ruin dreadmove. Also, in our experience it seems like, even if we don't stun him yet, once he starts casting a dreadmove he becomes immune to stun until he's done casting.

Also, if you have a drg, tell him to stop fucking spineshatter diving to the caster add. >:O

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Position yourself on the tail-side of the boat before you slide down, pre-pop fight or flight as you come to a stop right before it pops, spam 'target closest enemy' then do 1 full halone combo. Adds will spawn while you are off gcd right at this point. Lob > voke/lob & flash spam. Since you have nothing else to use defensive cooldowns on, I pop at minimum rampart/sentinel right here. Also the 2 first adds seem to have cleave attacks so don't face them at people. Having dps use quelling strikes here is also helpful.

2nd add is just stunlock, and time or hp% (whichever is first) triggers the bad things; can typically start to stun at 80%ish. WHM Fluid Aura can interrupt casting even after it goes invuln to Shield Bash, so they should move in range of it just in case.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Dawgs, do you even player vs. player?

Start the stunlock @ 70% and bring the pain train. Holmgang/fluid aura to interrupt as a safety net.

Edit: Beaten!

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung View Post
    Position yourself on the tail-side of the boat before you slide down, pre-pop fight or flight as you come to a stop right before it pops, spam 'target closest enemy' then do 1 full halone combo. Adds will spawn while you are off gcd right at this point. Lob > voke/lob & flash spam. Since you have nothing else to use defensive cooldowns on, I pop at minimum rampart/sentinel right here. Also the 2 first adds seem to have cleave attacks so don't face them at people.

2nd add is just stunlock, and time or hp% (whichever is first) triggers the bad things; can typically start to stun at 80%ish. WHM Fluid Aura can interrupt casting even after it goes invuln to Shield Bash, so they should move in range of it just in case.
    Basically what we do, make sure your DPS isn't derping and still attacking tail when adds spawn. Generally OT has enough hate on tail to round up and get back to tail. One of adds generally dead by time you get back to tail.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Only stun the Dreadtide / Dreadwash moves themselves or he will be immune too early imo. Have your WHM or SMN be ready with Fluid Aura / Knockback as well for the end (learned this is a PUG where we won); the knockback interrupts, but Fluid Aura misses fairly often since most WHMs have mediocre ACC. It did save one run though, so worth noting. Dreadwash with railings down is like 90% wipe typically; half the party just cruises off the edge.
    Pretty sure those moves are immune to stun during cast. The best way to OT stun is to wait about 8 seconds before starting the stun cycle.

You can get a full Halone combo off on the tail before needing to grab the adds if you are quick. Tank the adds in place, moving them around sucks due to the Downburst-style cleave they have. They should be dying in a handful of seconds anyways.