1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 14 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 19 hours, 40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Leviathan Extreme     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

If your SMN is super pro he can do Shockwave as a more reliable accuracy (but less reliable timing) interrupt knockback.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

seems to make the most sense with the MT grabs one of the first adds, easier to keep hate on both tail and add that way. I always save bulwark for that part because I have never seen myself block anything that the head has dished out, but the adds I dodge and block easy-peasy. Has anyone managed to block or parry leviathan?

I try to make sure I use awareness when its up, because he does actually crit which normally isn't a problem in coil (where I don't see much point in awareness.) the few attempts I tried as OT I can confirm that I also got heavy puddles.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by manako View Post
    seems to make the most sense with the MT grabs one of the first adds, easier to keep hate on both tail and add that way. I always save bulwark for that part because I have never seen myself block anything that the head has dished out, but the adds I dodge and block easy-peasy. Has anyone managed to block or parry leviathan?

I try to make sure I use awareness when its up, because he does actually crit which normally isn't a problem in coil (where I don't see much point in awareness.) the few attempts I tried as OT I can confirm that I also got heavy puddles.
    That sounds shitty. We have no problem with our OT grabbing hate on the adds and the tail. Adds may bounce for a second, but it really does jack shit. Splitting the adds lowers DPS (no more Bane, some aoes get ruined, etc) and just needlessly complicates an easy fight. Tell your OT to learn how to hold hate and you'll be more than fine.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    That sounds shitty. We have no problem with our OT grabbing hate on the adds and the tail. Adds may bounce for a second, but it really does jack shit. Splitting the adds lowers DPS (no more Bane, some aoes get ruined, etc) and just needlessly complicates an easy fight. Tell your OT to learn how to hold hate and you'll be more than fine.
    OT takes Chirada. No, OT takes Suprana. Tomatoes tomatoes.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

When the adds spawn on the opposite side I just don't see a way for the tail-tank to efficiently grab both adds and keep hate on the tail. It sounds as silly to me as, I guess splitting the adds seems silly to you. Who aoes the adds anyway? Besides smn (who would benefit more from the head-tank taking the adds, not the tail-tank) I don't see a reason to not focus them down with single target skills.

But meh, there's more than one way to peel an orange.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    When the adds spawn on the opposite side I just don't see a way for the tail-tank to efficiently grab both adds and keep hate on the tail. It sounds as silly to me as, I guess splitting the adds seems silly to you. Who aoes the adds anyway? Besides smn (who would benefit more from the head-tank taking the adds, not the tail-tank) I don't see a reason to not focus them down with single target skills.

But meh, there's more than one way to peel an orange.
    Our OT has no problem grabbing both adds regardless of the side. The trick is to realize it's possible to target and attack the tail before it appears, allowing for a full FoF + Halone combo on the tail. No way anyone is taking hate on it unless you have super retarded healers.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'm really the only one who has the MT hold both for the first set of adds? Weird. That's how they've always had me do it, to the point where I figured that was the generally accepted strategy. I've never died as the MT doing this, so it shouldn't be a safety issue. Seems easiest to me.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'll need to test, but I wouldn't be surprised if Straight Shot Hawks Eye Blood for Blood Windbite Bloodletter Venomous Bite usually does the job of stealing tail hate, lol.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

It will be close, I've gotten hate a couple times if the pull is a bit sloppy or I tunnel vision out on tail lol, but really it's not a huge deal, the little tail spear things wont kill you, and the OT will have it back in a second anyways. Like you said more than one way to skin a cat or whatever. OT grabbing both is really not a big deal for us though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I'm really the only one who has the MT hold both for the first set of adds? Weird. That's how they've always had me do it, to the point where I figured that was the generally accepted strategy. I've never died as the MT doing this, so it shouldn't be a safety issue.
    Who takes what add is the least important part of this fight but this is IMO the "best" way to do the adds. ("best" is in quotes because like does it really matter?) If MT positions correctly, dread wave will never hit melee, summoners can bane, blms can aoe, and OT has briny veil debuff later.

that said "grab the add on your side" is a symmetrically pleasing way to do it so that's how we do it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Key part is MT positioning correctly. I've died a few times to Dread Tide trying to do back combos on the adds

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Does the tail reflect BLM limit break damage? Due to a DC we had to go through the 2nd orb phase without LB and got it down np, so wondering if we can just drop meteor where it will hit head > 2 orbs > tail to speed up the fight.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prince Purrcival
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    Does the tail reflect BLM limit break damage? Due to a DC we had to go through the 2nd orb phase without LB and got it down np, so wondering if we can just drop meteor where it will hit head > 2 orbs > tail to speed up the fight.
    I've used meteor many times to hit all 4 targets before (Head+2 Orbs+Tail), and I assume it doesn't reflect damage because otherwise I would have imploded myself to bits. I was told to do it that way to "double-up" on the Meteor Damage on Leviathan, but to be totally honest I did not look at the battle-log or numbers on screen to see if both the head and tail took the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Also, if you have a drg, tell him to stop fucking spineshatter diving to the caster add. >:O
    In the same vein, shoulder tackle is a no go.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'm like 90% sure if you aim Meteor correctly it will hit both head and tail and do damage to both, making it the ideal LB. Also caster LB damage is definitely not reflected. I've used it on K+S+Rook in T4 when we didn't have a melee and faced no ill consequences, and it's the same buff in all but name.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

If your OT is losing hate on the Tail, for more then 2s they are pretty bad or you DD are retarded. Our OT grabs both adds at the start and holds hate fine 99% of the time. All the DD should be on the adds asap so no reason why it should move to one of them and they die so fast he shouldn't take enough damage that a healer pulls hate.

For the Dread Sahagin, our OT stuns around 75% or so, then our DRG/MNK stuns Dreadwash? (the aoe move, not pool) and it's dead without ever casting the pool.

If you have the MT grab anything, you risk people eating more damage then they need to, and if he is running across the boat to get a far side pop, you risk killing everyone. OT should be able to easily get all the adds.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    If you have the MT grab anything, you risk people eating more damage then they need to, and if he is running across the boat to get a far side pop, you risk killing everyone. OT should be able to easily get all the adds.
    Exactly. Especially since you can single heal this if you are careful, taking extra damage is stupid.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Still never seen a single mount or Mirror and approaching the 50 kill mark :/ shit's retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaixin View Post
    that said "grab the add on your side" is a symmetrically pleasing way to do it so that's how we do it.
    Yep, and if your DPS don't suck both die way before they do anything remotely annoying.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

It's also better for the OT to grab both adds if you have a SMN, so they can bane both+tail.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast