1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Leviathan Extreme     submit to reddit submit to twitter

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Usually place pixie on the rectangle by the tail for the OT. I notice that I always need to move her to the other side whenever he jumps. Wouldn't that mean he's restricted from particular positions on jumps then? For example:

Face NW Tail NE (Pixie here)

If he jumps and does

Face NE Tail NW or
    Face SE Tail SW

Then, I would have to move pixie (Normal); however, since I always seem to be moving the pixie (Again, SCHs confirm?), wouldn't that mean

Face SW Tail SE

never happened. Now look at the valid directions for face

N EAST
    S EAST

Look at the invalid directions for face

S WEST

TLDR: Looks like Levi changes East and West positions whenever he jumps, so if he was on the West before he jumped, the last slam will be on the East. If he was on the East side before he jumped, he will be on the West. That means you only need to look at one side to determine where the last Body slam occurs. He always starts west btw.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Can confirm I've always needed to swap fairy to/from East and West on slams.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

0/30 on mirrors now. Drop rate is making Atma grinding look like a better alternative

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    0/30 on mirrors now. Drop rate is making Atma grinding look like a better alternative
    But then what happens if you get everything you need and never have to do Levi again?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Started marking fairy to help ID the next side (as far as west/east goes) for body slam, seemed to work alright unless she got knocked into middle from a mid-spinning dive. Doesn't really make/break but for learning and getting your SCHs in the habit of placing anyways (seriously I've never seen any pickup SCH use Place), I'd do it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

We went ahead and gave it a try with using meteor on head/tail/x2 orbs and it worked amazing, pretty much making it our new go to strat for it. Meteor can definitely hit twice it seems, which takes off a massive chunk of his health.

The only reason we thought to give it a try was because we had somebody DC right at the start of a fight, which in all of SEs infinite wisdom locks the fucking limit break bar so we didn't have one for the entirety of the fight, and 2nd orb set was still easy to get through. Ended up hitting enrage though in the end which was pretty shit though.

No mirrors for us yet. No bows either, but a massive pile of shields and books for everyone and their alts all around. We did get a mount though tonight, so that was cool.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Tired of watching people die because they get trapped by a chaotic 3-man triple bubble drop. Is there any reason casters and bards need to be in the middle of the platform while the head and tail are up? The spout doesn't even show until after the third bubble drop is aimed. Pretend the length of the platform is cut into thirds or fourths. Stand in the outer slices of the platform (against the wall is potentially too far to avoid a dive on your side) close to the head/tail and run straight back, slowly curving in towards the middle until you need to pick left or right if it's a lengthwise dive. Regardless of how bubble drop targeting works (just saw a blm and a smn get targeted) this should ensure a clear path for everyone. In theory. Does anyone have a better way?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kaixin View Post
    Tired of watching people die because they get trapped by a chaotic 3-man triple bubble drop. Is there any reason casters and bards need to be in the middle of the platform while the head and tail are up? The spout doesn't even show until after the third bubble drop is aimed. Pretend the length of the platform is cut into thirds or fourths. Stand in the outer slices of the platform, close to the head/tail and run straight back until you need to pick left or right.
    Caster's and bards should definitely be behind the center circle. Although, as long as you pay attention and notice the tidal wave then you should have plenty of time to position yourself. The only times I get killed from those aoes are when I got trapped in by another dps or nobody shouted out tidal wave during the balls phase. (The harder I'm trying to focus those balls down asap, the more likely I am to miss that tidal wave went off.)

Also, we had plenty of attempts yesterday where levi summons an add or the balls and then immediately dives under and we have to dodge while doing other shit. So annoying. At least when he does it during the balls phase you get an extra 15+ seconds to kill them. Converter was making it up to 45 every time that happened lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Caster's and bards should definitely be behind the center circle.
    I don't play either of these roles so I don't exactly know. But aside from max-ranging the blue balls, does anything prevent you from sitting just outside the aoe cleave range of the head/tail, in the outer 1/4-1/3 of the platform? Or is that what you meant by behind the center circle?

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Yeah that's where my deaths happen in there, adds pop and he dives shit gets hectic, I didn't realize you got extra time on orbs though, will keep that in mind and not panic as much. I also tunnel vision a lot like a derp so it doesn't help.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kaixin View Post
    I don't play either of these roles so I don't exactly know. But aside from max-ranging the blue balls, does anything prevent you from sitting just outside the aoe cleave range of the head/tail, in the outer 1/4-1/3 of the platform? Or is that what you meant by behind the center circle?
    Since we're ranged, we can sit on the opposite side at basically max range. As long as we move further away after tidal wave hits the aoes should be on the complete opposite side of the arena from everyone else. That's what I do at least. For the aoes in between the first and second plunge though, I'm not placing them anywhere on purpose so you better dodge lol.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If you're an experienced group that is bringing in inexperienced friends / FC members every now and then, placing waymarkers near the NW (A) and SE (B) corners is really helpful for them if you're on voice chat; frankly helpful for everyone as well. You just call out which marker to move towards and it covers everything but the middle dash (we usually just say GTFO or "either!" and people move).

Vertical dash on west side? B!
    Horizontal dash on south side? A!
    Slam on north side? B!

Probably sounds stupid, but I really like it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

We place A in the north, B in the west, and C in the east every run. Unmarked area, south, is D or Down. We call out everything just to make everything a bit easier for everyone. The only thing that really gets us caught off-guard is when he charges through the middle.

When he's not charging through the middle you can see every possible splash you need to, so it's easy to dodge. But once he adds those other 4 splashes and can charge through the middle, I don't know where to look. I need to do moar testing to see if I've just been panicking and doing what I always do works lol.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    If you're an experienced group that is bringing in inexperienced friends / FC members every now and then, placing waymarkers near the NW (A) and SE (B) corners is really helpful for them if you're on voice chat; frankly helpful for everyone as well. You just call out which marker to move towards and it covers everything but the middle dash (we usually just say GTFO or "either!" and people move).

Vertical dash on west side? B!
    Horizontal dash on south side? A!
    Slam on north side? B!

Probably sounds stupid, but I really like it.
    This is what we did when learning fight too. Pretty ingenious actually if you can get people to wrap their brains around the concept. Some folks a little slower than others on understanding it's split two ways.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    We place A in the north, B in the west, and C in the east every run. Unmarked area, south, is D or Down. We call out everything just to make everything a bit easier for everyone. The only thing that really gets us caught off-guard is when he charges through the middle.

When he's not charging through the middle you can see every possible splash you need to, so it's easy to dodge. But once he adds those other 4 splashes and can charge through the middle, I don't know where to look. I need to do moar testing to see if I've just been panicking and doing what I also do works lol.
    Always look to the side he's diving down on if you're not already. The middle ones are a bitch though, my camera angle doesn't allow me to see them, so I watch the side he just went down on and if I don't see it but hear it I gtfo out of mid. Middle kept fucking me up a ton at first. Shit's stupid haha.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The middle ones are a bitch though, my camera angle doesn't allow me to see them, so I watch the side he just went down on and if I don't see it but hear it I gtfo out of mid.
    There we go, that's what I can do. It's literally what I do for slams (look at north two, or south two, and if I hear it but don't see it, I still know which way to run.) so I blame only running levi when it's late at night and I'm tired for not thinking of it.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

This is where that convoluted spoilered pic in OP helps. If head is NW and tail is NE, dives will come from any of...

• West column (N)
    • East Column (N)
    • North Row (E)
    • Middle Row (E)

So you angle your camera to NE corner to see all possibles. Then the available positions swap to...

• West column (S)
    • East Column (S)
    • Middle Row (W)
    • South Row (W)

and focus camera SW.

Then since head was on NW, it has to swap to east side so the Body Slam position can only be NE or SE. So angle camera east.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Back third of the platform is always safe from horizontal dives. Run to the back while looking north/south and it's a simple matter of picking left or right if you see a spout. Then reverse and repeat. Then sit in the middle for body slam.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Akirra Krylon
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I originally thought that the splashes could literally be anywhere for the dives so I was doing terribad at first from the panic of trying to span the entire boat for the splash. Then I realized how it actually works with the splashes being on the side he dove to and it made it so much easier.

The fight is fun once you understand the way it works. Like the fact that it has some randomness to it and isn't just "stack center, strafe left, dodge landslide, stack center, repeat."

Looking forward to getting this down consistently!

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    This is where that convoluted spoilered pic in OP helps. If head is NW and tail is NE, dives will come from any of...

• West column (N)
    • East Column (N)
    • North Row (E)
    • Middle Row (E)

So you angle your camera to NE corner to see all possibles. Then the available positions swap to...

• West column (S)
    • East Column (S)
    • Middle Row (W)
    • South Row (W)

and focus camera SW.

Then since head was on NW, it has to swap to east side so the Body Slam position can only be NE or SE. So angle camera east.

This is exactly the concept I didn't understand at first. Once you get this down in your mind, makes the fight exponentially easier.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ah, I didn't figure out you could determine which side the slam splashes would be on. I guess that's probably a better way to do it than looking N or S and then just running that way if you heard the splash but didn't see it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast