1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 9 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 0 hours, 53 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Leviathan Extreme     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It can't be random. It's on the same people in most groups way too often for it to be random. I'm fairly positive it has something to do with enmity, since quelling seems to effect whether or not I get the aoe on the first set or not.

Spouts are always on a healer unless a healer is dead. I should start saying grand fall. I could never remember the name of the move.

I get chosen as a target for grand fall occasionally as OT and melee DPS. I haven't been able to discern a pattern because so far it seems random as hell.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I think my group just broke Leviathan.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Max theoretical drops is 5. Each shield and the token and mount have their own drop slots. That's a damn sexy loot pool though (though fuck mnk weapons).

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

2/30ish on mirrors, but 0 blm staves still.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

The longer the fight goes on, the more targets it chooses by the way. Try having your 4 dps move to the opposite corner before he dives. It ALWAYS chooses them.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Anybody ever have a problem with leviathan doing his second astral flow too early? I'm wondering if we're killing him too fast when that happens. It's kind of weird because we never skip any phases when it happens to us, although I believe caster lb3 was being used.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Anybody ever have a problem with leviathan doing his second astral flow too early? I'm wondering if we're killing him too fast when that happens. It's kind of weird because we never skip any phases when it happens to us, although I believe caster lb3 was being used.
    If he's killing you with 2nd AF it probably means you're killing gyres too slowly.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Nah, the balls died very early. The other set of balls that spawn during the balls still drain your stuff until they explode though. Him going under early at a specific HP% is the only thing I can think of.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Too fast, we don't dps levi after gyres because of that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Someone in our group suggested to kill the second set of yellow spumes normally and to use LB3 to help kill the last hysteria add and hit the head/tail. I like doing it this way, if only to be different.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Our group never slows down DPS, ever, and we always LB3 the second set of pumes. Have never had an issue getting the spumes dead in time to have enough conversion, and we've had them spawn at all sorts of random times, even when Leviathan is just starting, in the middle of, and finishing a set of Spinning Dives, so iunno. Average kill time on is approx. 10 minutes.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I observed a really weird spike in damage from "Body Slam" last night, 4352 to be exact. This was on a healer with i91 gear, during the beginning with zero stacks of water resist down. Is that normal?

Inb4 you shouldn't be getting hit.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    I think my group just broke Leviathan.
    The return of DORP: Mounts, Minions and Mirrors.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So haven't read the whole thread but not sure if this has happened to any other group but there have been times when I've fought him where his rotation goes from something like this:

Start of fight => Body Slam => 1st Adds => Spinning Dives => 2nd Add => Spinning Dives => Spumes => Dives => Astral Flow

To this:

Start of fight => Body Slam => 1st Adds => 2nd Adds => Spumes => Dives => Astral Flow

I'm going to assume this has to do with the DPS you output on the fight but it's always surprising when it actually goes off that way as you don't get LB3 for the second half of the fight and tanks get kind of disoriented with phases. You just have to kind of adjust on the fly.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yeah it's definitely a DPS factor. With most of my coil static I could tell when some Tidal Roars were coming in phase 2 by music, but with other groups the timing after the first is sometimes like 5-10 seconds early or late and it just cascades from there.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ibi Risasi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We get some variability in my group on when the dives and adds occur. So far I've seen:

1. Slam > Pair of adds > 2 Dives + Slam > Single add > 2 Dives + Slam > Spumes > Single Dive > Astral Flow
    2. Slam > Pair of adds > Single add > 2 Dives + Slam > Spumes > Single Dive > Astral Flow
    3. Slam > Pair of adds > 2 Dives + Slam, with the single add spawning during the dives > Spumes > Single Dive > Astral Flow

The third one is the one that really throws me off as the tail/add tank, because after the slam the add ends up right by the head, and it can be rough getting it away from there before it becomes necessary to stun it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I OT most Levi fights and only do PUG runs. DPS dictates everything. I just always stay on my toes. The 3rd add can pop at very random times with high DPS. Knowing the order is the important part, the pop times can have large variances from group to group.

OT tip: Use Tempered Will after the second AF so you can freely run over and grab the Caster add. Being able to control my direction has made that part extremely easy.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

The fight is extremely lenient even with average DPS. The vision blocking of LB3 causes more trouble than it's worth IMO. Highly recommend not using LB3 on spumes in PF. You kill the first set of spumes without LB, why should the second set be any harder? A LB3 that goes off too late on the second set has a chance of coinciding with 2x tidal roar or with a dive phase.

Couple of observations, YMMV:

MT is free to help on the 1st hysteria add after dread wave. MT is free to help on the second hysteria add ASAP--dread wave never hit me until after it was long dead.
    Dive phases give Fairy a lot of time to work. As soon as you're comfortable that the tanks aren't going to die before the dives go off, it's time to d-d-d-d-ddd-DPS.
    Healer DPS, MT DPS, Holmgang, Fluid Aura, and Garuda knockback make the fear add a joke.
    Medica II and Cure III are OP. Why do I even bother with succor.
    You may as well /mandervilledance in the middle while the fences are still up.
    Lowest we got was 24 on the meter and still surviving.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I pretty much exclusively recommend saving LB3 for Meteor on Levi x2 and the fear add after 2nd Tidal Wave.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast