1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 3 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 6 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Leviathan Extreme     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

The pushes are every 10%. 90%> Body Slam/2 Adds> Push under 80% before next Tide I think(maybe just timed) or he rushes, Dread Sahagin pops> Push under 70% for Spumes.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

There are many ways to do it, but my group LB2/LB3's the second set of plumes on the side with Leviathan's Head/Tail to speed things up and get some extra damage on Levi (if it's Meteor). For the second mage Sahagin that spawns immediately after the second Tidal Wave, we just stun lock it. You have about 6-7 seconds after it starts moving where it'll cast things like Ruin/Darkness before it starts on Dreadstorm or Dreadwash. We generally have it at 75% within those 6-7 seconds, from there just have your Paladin stun > stun > stun for 10 seconds of stun lock, and by then it should be dead.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Just letting you all know that when the rails drop and the music changes, all my brain wants to think is the singer saying "winnie the pooh" over and over again.

This may or may not be because my daughter has watched a lot of winnie the pooh.

You will all now here it, too.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

I keep hearing "*** the plumes" for some reason. I actually have no idea what its saying for real though, never bothered to find that out.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Leviathan! Leviathan! (Help us!)
    Leviathan! Leviathan! (Save us!)
    Leviathan! Leviathan! (Break them!)
    Leviathan! Leviathan! (Drown them!)
    Leviathan! Leviathan! (????)
    Leviathan! Leviathan! (Test us!)
    Leviathannnnnn

[hey hey hey hey??] Save us!

Leviathan ????
    Forsaken throughout the waves
    ????? throughout the whorl (without a shore they can't live?)
    Leviathan now that you've awakened
    Leviathan thy name is ?????

Leviathan! Leviathan! (Help us!)
    Leviathan! Leviathan! (Break them!)
    Leviathan! Leviathan! (Drown them!)
    Leviathan! Leviathan! (????)
    Leviathan! Leviathan! (Test us!)
    Leviathan! Leviathan!
    repeats a lot i'm not gonna do this

????
    We'll break them across the waves
    Leviathan now that you've awakened
    Through you (we'll drown the world?)

Swell through the whorl Leviathan!
    Surge Tidal Wave Leviathan!
    Sea will cover all; Leviathan! Leviathan!
    Swallow all the world Leviathan!
    Swell through the whorl Leviathan! Leviathan!
    Surge Tidal Wave Leviathan!
    Sea will cover all; Leviathan! Leviathan!
    Swallow the all world Leviathan! Leviathan!

there's a lot of repeating and it isn't pretty so fuck this engrish bullshit

credit to Robin Icebrand (Gilgamesh) on the OF for making me second guess some of my approximations

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

the ???? is "Fuck Us"

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Akirra Krylon
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

How fast has everyone been able to push Levi? I've had a few groups with good DPS but the one I was in last night was pretty insanely good DPS...

First 2 Adds
    First Mage Add
    First set of 4 spumes

all popped before he dove one time. Ended up killing the spumes, having him dive, DPSing a while, diving AGAIN, and then having to hit the converter.

I thought that was pretty awesome or am I late to the party >.>

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

random complaint

BLM and BRD standing next to converter for 2nd 2h and convering it with plumes, which causes wipes

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

4 physical levi EX runs are an absolute blast, whenever an add spawns and all the melee converge, I can't help but think I'm engaging in some serious gang violence.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Oh ya on the plumes (spouts? w/e the fuck that pops under people's feet), I know people were debating on what triggers it on who. I do wanna same maybe the algorithm is a bit of both hate AND distance. I used to stay far in the back to be away from the healers but just close enough for AoE heals. And ya it seemed like 99% of the time I got plumes. After bothering to read this thread, I tried being a little closer to the head to see. I would stand in the middle circle area hugging healers as close as I could without getting hit by their thing things they get. When I did, it was the tank and the melee dps that were getting the plumes even though I was still farther away from the head than them. So maybe it is something like if you are at a certain distance away levi is like FUCK YOU, if everyone is close enough it goes for those with the most hate? Probably not 100%, though.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Akirra Krylon
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

^ That makes sense.

I tend to sit in the opposite corner of whichever side the tail is on as a BRD. I basically get right up against the rail and move back as far as possible but still stay in range to hit the tail.

I ALWAYS get targeted for Grand Fall. I haven't had a run where I haven't gotten targeted doing this. I then run either East (or West depending on which side the tail is on) and kind of "bait" the grand falls along the edge of the ship and then start running towards the post in the middle and get ready to dodge dives. This usually results in the bubbles dropping away from everyone else and having a ton of room to dodge dives.

Other DPS sometimes just run right to the middle like a buncha herp derps and screw everyone with x2-x3 grand fall -.-

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Ya like I don't think it's 100%, but now that I am close I get it maybe 1/15 times.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AkirraKrylon View Post
    ^ That makes sense.

I tend to sit in the opposite corner of whichever side the tail is on as a BRD. I basically get right up against the rail and move back as far as possible but still stay in range to hit the tail.

I ALWAYS get targeted for Grand Fall. I haven't had a run where I haven't gotten targeted doing this. I then run either East (or West depending on which side the tail is on) and kind of "bait" the grand falls along the edge of the ship and then start running towards the post in the middle and get ready to dodge dives. This usually results in the bubbles dropping away from everyone else and having a ton of room to dodge dives.

Other DPS sometimes just run right to the middle like a buncha herp derps and screw everyone with x2-x3 grand fall -.-

grrrrr

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Another thing with Grand Fall: stagger it on the phases where it pops 3 per person. The timing on dodging it is extremely generous. Just take a step, look for the next one, take another step, then step out. Takes up way less real estate. See extremely bad MSpaint mockup below.

edit below: Had that happen too. I chalk it up to server lag or something.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Anyone ever have the case where you activate the converter, and then die anyways to 2hr at full strength even when you have 50+ converter gauge? Converter was activated as Levi was doing his charge right before 2hr, so timing shouldn't be the problem.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Leviathan Extreme

Yea that happened to a group of mine once. It was perplexing since we had done it exactly the same for a couple wins prior. Everyone was confused. There was plenty of charge in the converter too. We chalked it up to having missed something.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Didn't hit it soon enough? We pop it IMMEDIATELY after the dash.

Nvm--just read it again and you said it was as he was doing his charge. Very odd.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I've had it bug out where I hit the converter and everyone but me died. Showed in log that I got the buff, guess no one else did though.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Akirra Krylon
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Another thing with Grand Fall: stagger it on the phases where it pops 3 per person. The timing on dodging it is extremely generous. Just take a step, look for the next one, take another step, then step out. Takes up way less real estate. See extremely bad MSpaint mockup below.

edit below: Had that happen too. I chalk it up to server lag or something.
    This is very good advice - the bubbles are decently slow to actually fall and hit you. I've had times where people are bringing the bubble AoEs to the middle and I actually run into one because I expected it to have completed the drop already. You can easily stack 3 in a small area off to one of the corners and get out untouched.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    random complaint

BLM and BRD standing next to converter for 2nd 2h and convering it with plumes, which causes wipes
    This shouldn't kill you. As the MT I just stand in it if this happens, they don't do much damage to tanks.

In general Grand Fall is just an ignorable mechanic. If everyone u-turns after the first dash, all of the bubbles go somewhere useless. I'm really surprised how much discussion about it there is in this thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast