1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -3 hours, -10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 12 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Leviathan Extreme     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    oh boy free mirrors for the 6 people who upgraded a wand or sword, thanks for the update on 2% droprates yoship

eat a dick
    2%? Think you're being a bit generous there.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Color me intrigued.

Using Titan to tank the tail?
    Even if this wasn't what sath meant, I would like to see this.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Color me intrigued.

Using Titan to tank the tail?
    No just bad wording on my part lol. I'm my groups MT as WAR. SMN is my funsie job.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eidle Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Has anyone else experienced during the second 2hr, you have enough elemental conversion, and you hit the switch early enough but you wipe? It usually happens to me in groups where the dps is pushing phases.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eidle View Post
    Has anyone else experienced during the second 2hr, you have enough elemental conversion, and you hit the switch early enough but you wipe? It usually happens to me in groups where the dps is pushing phases.
    I've had this happen a couple of times, no understand. I do 90% of my primal fights in PF, and it's super annoying when people bail after one attempt because you're pushing phases like crazy and a couple people can't handle it x__x

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If it happens, just the next attempt stop all DPS on Leviathan during the second spumes. Dance till he two hours, then continue fight as normal.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Been lazy and only just recently started doing Levi.

Any advice for dodging the sideways dives? I can dodge everything else 99% of the time but I seem to eat those sideways dives like a 25-33% of the time. I have it zoomed out as far as possible but I can't see both horizontal and vertical spouts no matter how I angle it. I've tried rotating my camera and looking but most of the time I never see any spout at all if I do this.

Best solution I've come up with is 'Look for vertical dives, if I see no spout then run to the end my camera is looking at'. Doing that I avoid most of them but eat like 1 in 3-4 which is annoying.

Is there a trick to the sideways ones? Like are they always on one side of the boat or something like the vertical ones? Or is it just a case of I'm screwed because I play of a laptop with a shitty viewing area (when my wife plays on the PS4 she can see way more of the arena than me even though I'm zoomed out as far as it goes).

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Easiest way for me is just to stand on the back third of the boat, move to the other back third of the boat, then stand in the middle and wait for the slam.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Re: looking for dives

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    This is where that convoluted spoilered pic in OP helps. If head is NW and tail is NE, dives will come from any of...

• West column (N)
    • East Column (N)
    • North Row (E)
    • Middle Row (E)

So you angle your camera to NE corner to see all possibles. Then the available positions swap to...

• West column (S)
    • East Column (S)
    • Middle Row (W)
    • South Row (W)

and focus camera SW.

Then since head was on NW, it has to swap to east side so the Body Slam position can only be NE or SE. So angle camera east.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

And to add to the above, any time balls are up stay out of that center area because fuck those dives. At one point I ended up touhou'ing all his dives by accident when I started seeing how little attention I could pay.

Also, backflipping on brd/drg during a slam is so much fun. Make people think you're going to fall and then wham woosh skeelz.

One time on DRG during triple plumes (I stick to the edge so I'm always targeted by them) I was placing them along the right edge as normal while one of the ranged DPS ran theirs straight back parallel to me, leaving me stuck in the SE corner with nowhere to go as his dive was about to nail me from the north.

Pulled a Hail Mary and pivoted east and hit Elusive just in time to dodge it, felt so boss.

Then they did it again later and it hit me cause Elusive has a really long recast ._.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Everyone keeps talking about DPSing too hard and raging Levi and cshit wiping them. Our group pops all three of the first set of adds at once with our DPS and kills spumes before dives/water spumes and has never, ever, had Levi do anything like that. You guys are either failing at something else or someone is dumb and just ignoring spumes and DPSing Levi instead. I'm not trying to brag about our DPS either, I just find it hard to believe anyone is DPSing so much harder then us that they found some magical enrage thing we have never seen. We went with 3 tanks the other day for lulz and still pushed every phase.

Also, SMN is way too OP on this fight.. I just finished leveling it a couple days ago, am i91 and pretty terrible at the job still and was 2nd DP,S ahead of one really fucking good DPS, and below our i105 SMN cause yea. I mean, I died twice in one run, was out of mp for most of it and STILL beat him(barely). It's kinda wrong how much it owns this fight.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Because you're DPSing so fast in the earlier phases, you don't have as much LB. That caster LB hitting both the head and tail does a significant amount of damage. Even if you kill the second set of spumes fast, that other set of balls that spawns during them still drains your charge until they blow up. I have us pushing the phase and him going under with our thing at sub 20% on stream somewhere, but looking for it might be a pain in the ass. (Actually, not sure if the person streaming archived it or let it delete itself.)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Because you're DPSing so fast in the earlier phases, you don't have as much LB. That caster LB hitting both the head and tail does a significant amount of damage. Even if you kill the second set of spumes fast, that other set of balls that spawns during them still drains your charge until they blow up. I have us pushing the phase and him going under with our thing at sub 20% on stream somewhere, but looking for it might be a pain in the ass. (Actually, not sure if the person streaming archived it or let it delete itself.)
    Ah, people still haven't learned that caster LB on spumes is not good, I see. We don't get LB3 until after/while they die but we have never used it on spumes, we have always saved and LB3 the Saha+Levi x2 because it just makes more sense.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

But it's not not good. In a party that's not super fab with amazing deepz you aren't going to kill all four balls before the other set explodes without using a LB on them. Personally using a LB on the caster add sounds equally as silly to me. There's plenty of ways to do the fight.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Seems pretty obvious, if people are wiping because of LB on spumes causing Levi to rage, it's pretty dumb to use it there. LB3 on Caster+Levi means you still get dmg from LB on Levi x2, don't wipe to being stupid and pushing Levi too far down and don't have to worry about the 1% chance something weird happens with the caster+hysteria. I don't really know how a group would have the DPS to kill off the first set of spumes and not the second, without using LB.

I'm not really sure how one strat that has potential to cause a wipe, if your dps is good, and one that has 0% chance to cause a wipe, are equal but w/e.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The only real complication of 2nd spumes as opposed to 1st spumes is: double Tidal Roar, triple Grand Falls (admittedly this is a pretty huge problem with some people), and wave spumes exploding.

I tend to take the initiative as SCH and pop sprint, get my ass to the complete opposite corner from head so I KNOW at least one of the sets will be on me, and bait it properly. Unless BOTH other people are so out of it they paintball the entire platform it usually works out well. Even done this as DRG sometimes; I'll just pop Sprint and Invig it off, or use Elusive Jump or whatever.

Thing I hate most in PFs for this is using Caster LB2 on just 2 spumes, or waiting like 30 seconds for LB3. Both are so wasteful that it's better to just do Meteor on the last add + head/tail.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's not an LB thing either, though LB3 does help bring you closer to it. I've been in parties where we pushed him without using LB or just using LB2 on 2 spumes. His rage is caused by pushing Leviathan past 19% before he does his Spinning Dive >> Tidal Wave after the 2nd set of spumes are dead. It's how SE assures that Levi still has a chunk of health left for the final phase.

Right now, 90% of the PFs on Excal always ask for LB3 on all 4 spumes (rarely Levi/tail/2 spumes) or LB2 on front 2 spumes. I've only had 2 PF parties ever that saved LB3 for final phase.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Re: looking for dives
    Thanks! This helps loads. I knew there had to be something to it but I had been told it was random when I asked elsewhere.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So my FC recently started doing Levi (I know, it's old content) and I had an idea for dives, but I need to test it and see if the timing works. Presume head is NW and tail is NE:

http://viperbeam.com/ffxiv/levi_dives.png

Seems to me that if everyone gathers at north edge of the center circle right after Tidal Roar, you can wait for Levi to jump in the water, then as soon as puddles appear, start running south (like triple eruptions during Ifrit EX) with camera facing north.

If spout appears N(W), move slightly to the right and continue running south.
    If spout appears N(E), move slightly to the left and continue running south.
    If you don't see a N spout, he's popping to the E (but not E(S)), which means you just keep running straight south to the safe zone.

Then everyone gathers at south edge of circle, flip camera 180 degrees and do it again.

Early on, it seems like placing/dodging puddles is more difficult than the dives (which are predictable).