+ Reply to Thread
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

A few odd problems after upgrading.

So I just updated my CPU/MB/RAM/PSU/SSD. I got everything installed and it was working great. Not that I needed to I ran the FFXIV benchmark, great score etc etc. Decided to play with the AI Suite II and it did it's thing and showed a 000% increase but set my CPU to 4.2ghz. Went to run the benchmark again and this time it will randomly peg my GPU at 200% and cut my FPS to 30 for a second or 2 then go back to normal. I figured it was the weird OC program so I reset the bios back to default and uninstalled the program but it's still showing the problem within the benchmark.

Now I had a similar problem to this before I upgraded (it would go away after about 10 mins) but it would show ingame as well. So wondering if I still had the same problem I went ahead and logged into FFXIV. But I got no slow downs. So as far as I can tell it's only happening in the benchmark, which isn't a big deal but it may be a foreshadowing or a bigger problem.

Other problem I just ran into as well is when I start firefox it will be just a white box for 5ish seconds then finally load firefox. I disabled all addons and even reinstalled firefox but it keeps happening. Now when I launch firefox in safemode it instantly opens. Any ideas?

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

sounds like video card and drivers are not playing nice together
    I had some strange issues with my 560ti and my 660ti until I undid their default overclock then everything worked fine with them

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well I think I may have figured it out. Not sure why I thought of it but I changed the power setting to performance on both the system and my gpu, and so far it seems the slow downs have stopped during benchmarks. I can live with the firefox thing since I usually launch firefox once per day lol, but hope I can get that fixed as well.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

nvm from a cold boot it still does it, also seems it shows up ingame now. Same as before I upgraded

Edit, it's not my GPU usage % spiking it's my GPU power

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

After searching nonstop, it seems like it's a problem with my model. http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=2075147 here is to hoping the RMA process is painless.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

About the Firefox problem, you could try with a new profile. Maybe something got screwed up there.
    Just run firefox.exe -p from the start menue search field and it should come up with the profile selector, create a new one and set it as default (or "ask every time").

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Firefox seemed to fix itself somehow, but if it pops up again I'll try that. So far dealing with EVGAs RMA is just running in circles going over stuff I already did when I was just emailing their support >.x

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well RMA approved. In the acceptance email I got all the way down at the bottom it states

"Replacement

Once EVGA receives your product, please allow 1-3 business days to issue a replacement to you. Once a replacement ships, you will receive an emailed tracking number on the ship date after 6PM PST."

Does that mean they have already deemed it a replacement or will they try to fix it?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They will give you a replacement right away and deal with the card you sent in on their own time.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hmm.... either the problem is something else which I don't see how it could be seeing as my system is basically a new build or this card I got as a RMA has the same problem. Well talking to some people on the EVGA forum it's actually a pretty big problem with the model, so best case scenario is getting a different model as a RMA.