+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The man confessed so there is no doubt no maybe!
    lol

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You're absolutely convinced in every single case, despite monumental evidence and/or admissions of guilt, it was somehow coerced by the court or law enforcement. Your opinion here means nothing, you're a sick-minded individual and have displayed as such on numerous occassions here in BG.

I've testifited numerous times in sexual assault cases on what exactly the subject told me and there's one constant in every single case I've dealt with, no one admits to shit they didn't do without some basis of truth.
    They do when they can get rehab instead of risking life in prison.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    They do when they can get rehab instead of risking life in prison.
    Except they don't, and this wasn't a life in prison situation. The purpose of a plea bargain is if the defense doesn't feel confident in their case should it go to trial. Prosecutors or judges, depending on the state, decide whether to accept or decline mostly based on their dockets and the extent of the sentence the individual may receive. Take into account it's relatively easy in our court system to instill doubt. Ergo, something fucking shady happened with forensic examinations of the children to prove it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Won't somebody please think of the children!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Wow....I can't....fuck man.

I agree with you Day - I'd never admit to doing something I didn't do. I did that once, and I learned my lesson. I'm also willing to just kill myself if I end up wrongly convicted. But we're also average, forgettable people. When someone is heir of a dynasty, and incredibly wealthy, the dynamic changes. These people value the family name over truth or justice.

And Ksandra brought up a good point. I tried to look into it, but in doing so things only got more muddled. For what it's worth, it sounds like they were still together at the time it supposedly was happening.

From another link in the original article, it suggests the daughter at age 5 alerted her grandmother to the abuse. The grandmother told the mother who then confronted the guy, during which he supposedly admitted it, and she went and filed a police report stating as much. If the daughter was capable of expressing the fact that her father was touching her in inappropriate ways, this guy would be in buttfuck prison right this very second. Sure she's only 5, and would be extremely traumatized in the event of years-long abuse, but if she could express it once, surely she could express it again.

From a different link:
    The lawsuit, filed Tuesday, argues that statements Richards made while on probation and taking a lie detector test are evidence he admitted to abusing the boy. Those assaults began around December 2005, when the boy was 19 months old, and continued for about two years, the lawsuit said.

During the test, Richards told the examiner he was concerned he also had abused his son and added, "Whatever I did to my son, I will never do it again,'' the lawsuit said.
    That seriously doesn't add up. He doesn't know what he did? Was he on drugs? Is he suffering from schizophrenia/delusions/etc? Or is he just lying about having done anything in the first place?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Could be acting in accordance to his top tier lawyers. Going for the "im an addict therefore I know not what I do/did". Or some kind of insanity plea. An assumption of course.

Who the fuck would admit guilt to this if they know they are innocent? I would fight tooth and nail with those top tier lawyers to prove my innocence. I know I'm not him but fuck having that hanging over my and my family's head.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Does it say when they got divorced? They could have after she found out. I mean who would stay married to someone who raped their children?
    Ummm it's FOURTH degree rape? I mean come on now, I could see divorce over 1st or 2nd, maybe 3rd. But that many degrees away is just petty.

If lying and accepting plea to baby raping is your best option you dun goofed.
    Thank you for this, I shall make good use of it.

Irish Vagabond
    BG Level

It was driving me nuts that I couldn't think of what this thread was reminding me of....

but then it came to me.

Where have I seen a group of people jump to the defense of someone accused of a heinous crime, when the available evidence points very strongly in his guilt.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2.../FreeHat05.jpg

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Blubbartron View Post
    That seriously doesn't add up. He doesn't know what he did? Was he on drugs? Is he suffering from schizophrenia/delusions/etc? Or is he just lying about having done anything in the first place?
    either that or it's a non-apology and he honestly doesnt think he did anything wrong. it's pretty common for people to phrase non-apologies as hypotheticals.

and i agree about never admitting to something you didn't do. as flawed as the system is, the moment you lie it loses all chance of working for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliron View Post
    It was driving me nuts that I couldn't think of what this thread was reminding me of....

but then it came to me.

Where have I seen a group of people jump to the defense of someone accused of a heinous crime, when the available evidence points very strongly in his guilt.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2.../FreeHat05.jpg
    Funny, and I assume you're directing this mostly (or at least partially) at me, so what evidence is available, exactly? The only evidence we have is that he definitely accepted a plea deal that seems to have been very, very lenient. The leniency itself suggests that the prosecution had little to no evidence for use in the trial.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    either that or it's a non-apology and he honestly doesnt think he did anything wrong. it's pretty common for people to phrase non-apologies as hypotheticals.

and i agree about never admitting to something you didn't do. as flawed as the system is, the moment you lie it loses all chance of working for you.
    I could see that, but what about expressing concern that he had also abused his son? I Wish I had the transcript of the lie detector test in full; I don't like relying on the summary of a summary of a summary (article -> lawsuit -> lie detector test).

Fuck. This is why I hate modern journalism. If you read articles with an even moderately critical eye, they always raise more questions than they answer. Real journalism is dead.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

This goes into more detail plus pictures. On phone or would copy paste

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/...rison/7016769/

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

In what reality is a newborn three years old?

Oh. Your reality.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Except they don't, and this wasn't a life in prison situation. The purpose of a plea bargain is if the defense doesn't feel confident in their case should it go to trial. Prosecutors or judges, depending on the state, decide whether to accept or decline mostly based on their dockets and the extent of the sentence the individual may receive. Take into account it's relatively easy in our court system to instill doubt. Ergo, something fucking shady happened with forensic examinations of the children to prove it.
    Because innocent people never get convicted? It happens all the time. People realize this, and sometimes even if they are innocent, the best option is to just take a plea deal. Rehab is still way better than 20 years minimum in prison.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    Because innocent people never get convicted? It happens all the time. People realize this, and sometimes even if they are innocent, the best option is to just take a plea deal. Rehab is still way better than 20 years minimum in prison.
    Right, because a five year old stating she didn't want "my daddy touching me anymore" along with his admission are blatant fabrications.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm not taking sides in this but lets not act like parents haven't manipulated their young children into making accusations that are beneficial for negotiating positions re: divorce.

Abuse, sex stuff, etc.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Right, because a five year old stating she didn't want "my daddy touching me anymore" along with his admission are blatant fabrications.
    idk man! Maybe they forced a false confession out of him using american cigars and low quality brut champagne.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I'm not taking sides in this but lets not act like parents haven't manipulated their young children into making accusations that are beneficial for negotiating positions re: divorce.

Abuse, sex stuff, etc.
    And more often than not, the child will dime out that parent during a child forensic interview. There are techniques in place when interviewing these children to help unearth any such detail. I've seen it happen multiple times and most states nowadays are mandated to have it conducted regardless of the parent's consent. Children are probably the most honest individuals you'll ever meet. Now if anyone is going to say the child was coached and he provided a false confession under duress, then you're arguing just for the sake to argue. Nothing will change your mind.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I have no idea if he did or not, but saying no one ever confesses to things they didn't do is such bullshit. They do. All the time. And sometimes it's the smartest thing you can do.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Of all things on the internet to dream up hypotheticals and try to defend the accused etc... Rape always surprises me.