+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I haven't kept up with this, but Colbert isn't bringing the character? Cause Colbert out of character is a very smooth guy, but too boring to entertain me like Comedy Central does.
    From what I've heard, I believe he will not be his Colbert Report character. Makes sense though, given the different format between his show and the Late Show. I wonder how much of a shock it will be to people though who have been watching the Colbert Report for years. Colbert has always done a really good job of maintaining his character even off the show -- like when he testified before Congress about immigration (I think it was immigration). I've seen his show live before, and off the top of my head, that's the only time I can remember seeing him out of character.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    Oh I said Colbert wasn't talented? Must have missed the part where I typed that. Fallon's absolutely more talented and makes the show more of a variety show, he's closer to Carson than anyone will ever be.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I cant wait. All my hopes. Also, dont feed the trolls

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Maybe you misunderstand what I mean by talented, Fallon is far superior in the singing dancing and music playing department.
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73...3a6625645c.jpg

Are yall too young to remember Stephen on the Daily show or Strangers with Candy?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So does he go back to being 'COAL-bert' in 2015, or is this 'coal-BEAR' thing here to stay?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    Here's the thing and I feel Askyanni cause I was a theater nerd myself. If the break is unplanned on a live show, like the very very rare Will Ferrell break, then yeah it can be hilarious. If you use it as a crutch and gimmick to get a laugh every. single. time. you are on screen it comes off cheap, and just shitty. Like I see right through it and it's annoying to the 100th power.

I have a friend that is begging me to watch his tonight show and I just can't do it. I'm sure he's better, and has some good bits, but he forever ruined himself for me. Not that he cares I'm sure, but at least I know I'm not alone.
    Eh I am a theatre nerd, too, but I don't think everything has to go exactly like theatre. Like I said the Korman stuff cracks me up (and that probably happened way more often, and it was also live), so that's probably why Fallon doesn't bother me.

Either way, sad to see the Colbert character go. I feel like Colbert had a stronger effect as a whole than he will out of character. I'll still probably end up watching it religiously though.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Are yall too young to remember Stephen on the Daily show or Strangers with Candy?
    No.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Oh I said Colbert wasn't talented? Must have missed the part where I typed that. Fallon's absolutely more talented and makes the show more of a variety show, he's closer to Carson than anyone will ever be.
    he's doing a different format, Colbert is the better singer and probably dancer, it's just not what his CC show is based on

colbert's show will very much be a variety show, that's the whole reason they want him

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Craig Ferguson announced on tonight's show that he will be leaving the Late Late Show when his CBS contract expires this December. Of note, he mentioned he plans to retire rather than take another hosting job.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

awww... I actually liked Ferguson more than David Letterman

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

:C

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Can they just replace him with Geoff Peterson?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Personally I think Colbert out of character is going to turn a lot of his fan base off.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/video...rd---jake-rush

Interviews like this are what I'm gonna miss most when Colbert drops his character.

rofl gdit, the Gun part. You Have No Right, To Talk To My Gun That Way.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Not sure if it deserves its own thread, but its certainly relevant here: Larry Wilmore will replace Colbert in the post-Daily Show timeslot with 'The Minority Report'.

http://www.avclub.com/article/larry-...t-comed-204505

Glad they didn't try to just replace Colbert and keep the same show, since that would never work. Looking forward to see what they come up with.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Oh gosh, that's going to be amazing!

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post

Interviews like this are what I'm gonna miss most when Colbert drops his character.
    Just watched this, that's amazing, lol.

In before the first brony runs for office.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post

I was thinking the same thing when I watched it, how he is so talented and how much I'll miss it. Flawless how he turns his emotions like that without laughing his ass off. I don't even know what to say about the LARP guy..just fucking dang.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Not really related, but have any of you seen John Oliver's new Show -- Last Week Tonight? I wish it wasn't a weekly show because the first two episodes have been amazing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast