1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 3 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 3 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIV Gardening     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBubbles View Post
    The one that used Krakka Root Seeds. How's the order in placing it though? That's what im mainly concerned, i dont want to place it wrong and grow something else. can I place 8 krakka root seeds in the garden? like

krakka root seeds- krakka root seeds (middle) -krakka root seeds
    krakka root seeds -krakka root seeds (middle) V krakka root seeds
    krakka root seeds- krakka root seeds (middle) - krakka root seeds

i read that grade 3 than soil is used for crossbreeding so its safe to say i dont need to waste grade 3 than soil to grow chocobo food, right? can i use grade 2 than soil?
    If you're just trying to get a lot of chocobo food you should probably just use grade 3 shroud in every slot of krakka root to increase the quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    If you're just trying to get a lot of chocobo food you should probably just use grade 3 shroud in every slot of krakka root to increase the quantity.
    thank you. im going to do that then how much tender should i do? every hour?

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBubbles View Post
    thank you. im going to do that then how much tender should i do? every hour?
    It's somewhere between 6-10 hours depending on the plant if you should tend it ( someone might be able to go into detail better about when to tend ). Fertilizing can be done every hour and reduces the time it takes for the plant to grow, which I think is 1 hour less each time you do it.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Uh, for virtually every plant I've ever tended you only need to hit it once every 24 hours to not get the pink "you're ignoring me" cloud.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Uh, for virtually every plant I've ever tended you only need to hit it once every 24 hours to not get the pink "you're ignoring me" cloud.
    I water them everyday when I get home from work ( 9-10 hours between normally). A few days I've gotten home late and I got that purple/pink cloud. This was with the T4 seeds though so I assumed they needed more care.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Hmm, maybe different for higher seeds then or changed. I can say that 24h seemed fine for Glazenuts and all the prior stuff (Apricots/Royal Kukuru/Tomato/Pineapple/Lemon).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Yeah once a day is usually fine, some do need attention faster than other plants. I.E. Krakka vs. everything else I had in my first round of crosses (Almonds, Basil, Cabbage (sic)).

Currently crossing a bunch of Krakka/Mandrake/Tantalplant, any know what I should expect out of those, if anything? Haven't paid too much attention just started off crossing bags with the same blue stripe as the Krakka. Only my second rotation after the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    It's somewhere between 6-10 hours depending on the plant if you should tend it ( someone might be able to go into detail better about when to tend ). Fertilizing can be done every hour and reduces the time it takes for the plant to grow, which I think is 1 hour less each time you do it.
    thank you very much. how long does it take to grow the food?

edit: i just planted the krakka too and water it. do i need to fertilize as soon as i plant it?

Is there a way to check the progression of my stuff? how do i know when tender/fertilize?

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

You don't know exactly how far along your plants are but they go through visible stages. Eventually they will start sparkling.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

And then as you're waiting for that one plant that takes longer to grow than the rest, they die since you can't water ripe plants :D

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    And then as you're waiting for that one plant that takes longer to grow than the rest, they die since you can't water ripe plants :D

Once a plant is ready to be harvested there is no reason to let it sit. The cross breed for that plant is done at that stage. And yes, you only have like 12-24 hours to harvest a ripe plant before it goes boom

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Once a plant is ready to be harvested there is no reason to let it sit. The cross breed for that plant is done at that stage. And yes, you only have like 12-24 hours to harvest a ripe plant before it goes boom
    So for example, when harvesting. It's doing nothing for me leaving the plants in slots 1,3,5, and 7 once fully grown, harvesting 2,4,6, and 8, and then immediately replanting the even slots next to the still fully grown plants in the odd slots? In the hopes of better cross breeding that is.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Jinn View Post
    So for example, when harvesting. It's doing nothing for me leaving the plants in slots 1,3,5, and 7 once fully grown, harvesting 2,4,6, and 8, and then immediately replanting the even slots next to the still fully grown plants in the odd slots? In the hopes of better cross breeding that is.
    If you plant 8 seeds, and 4 seeds take longer to harvest then the rest (which is often what results when you are making higher tier seeds), then once the first 4 are at the RIPE/HARVEST stage the potential for crossbreed is done. Thus the seeds that are still GROWING do not get any potential crossbreed effect/chance from the RIPE/HARVEST seeds. I may be wrong, but this is how I understand it all to work.

I also don't suggest replanting in that plot until all 8 seeds are harvested and ready since nobody knows what affects crossbreed rate aside growth time and soil. So replanting new seeds in a plot that has other plants that are already in stage 3 of growth may lower crossbreed chance. I just do not see a reason to risk it when you are only talking about an extra day to a few hours of additional time

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

Noted, I'll make sure it's empty from now on.

Although that still leaves me confused on my last harvest... I had Krakka seeds 1,3,5,7 and Dzmale tomatos 2,4,6,8... Than 3 soil for all... Krakkas turned into 36roots and 3 baggies of midland cabbage seeds. I was expecting sylkis buds... Or will those come from the tomatoes?

Also planted honey lemons with than 3 with the tomatoes still in stage 2 >_<;;; I'll make sure is empty next time.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The crossbreeds that make the choco food also make normal seeds, its about a 50/50 mix from what I've seen

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Have we still not found Thav. Onions?

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    ^ This

Also, anyone tracking the grow time on plants? I know higher tier require more time and more tending (jute requires tending more than glazenut). In some cases, when I see the visible change in only half, I will fertilize only the plants that are behind in an effort to harvest all at the same time.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Somebody had some Thav-O seeds on the market boards for like 10m the other day on Leviathan, but they're gone now (no buyers).

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Reading this, and your other post, makes me feel kinda stupid. I always thought that both plants needed to be ripe for it to work right. I only lost some Krakka Roots, but still.

Posts on the official forums are saying
    Sylkis Bud + Broombush [Grefia]
    Sylkis Bud + Nymeia Lily [YunieAura]
    Jute + Sylkis Bud [YunieAura]
    Mimett Gourd + Glazenut [Ramastuh]
    Royal Kukuru Bean + Sylkis Bud [Grefia]
    See forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/157071-Gardening-Harvesting?p=2261769&viewfull=1#post2261769

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I got one from Mimmet Gourd + Halone Gerbera

Formula seems to be Advance Choco Food + Rare Seed (seeds you can only get from crossbreeding)