1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 43 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 13 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 20 hours, 43 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIV Gardening     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jinn View Post
    This might explain my issue then, damn onions ruining my life.
    I'm in the process of doing something similar to what you did (except im using nymeia lily + curiel root). I left a mandrake from the previous batch of seeds and planted a nymeia lily then went clockwise lily,root, lily etc. Roots harvested first, 2 onions and 2 shroud tea. I replanted more roots. From the lilies I got a mandragora queen from the first one I planted (was hoping I got this) and then shroud tea leaves from everything else. Also replanted more lilies.

Was 8/8 on crossbreeds, and 2/7 on thav onion crossbreeds. Will report back on how the next batch went. Hoping to get at least 4 and then I'll try thav onion + nymeia lily and see if that crossbreed works in a self-sustaining manner.

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Dunno then. I never replant until I've harvested all though, so not sure if it makes a difference.
    I've tried both ways and I've gotten the same yields. The initial planting I do I go clockwise from 1-8, if I know I can use 4 of the existing plants for a future harvest I'll skip fertilizer on them 1 time to give he hour difference and just continue planting odds or evens in the future until I want to grow a new crop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    I'm in the process of doing something similar to what you did (except im using nymeia lily + curiel root). I left a mandrake from the previous batch of seeds and planted a nymeia lily then went clockwise lily,root, lily etc. Roots harvested first, 2 onions and 2 shroud tea. I replanted more roots. From the lilies I got a mandragora queen from the first one I planted (was hoping I got this) and then shroud tea leaves from everything else. Also replanted more lilies.

Was 8/8 on crossbreeds, and 2/7 on thav onion crossbreeds. Will report back on how the next batch went. Hoping to get at least 4 and then I'll try thav onion + nymeia lily and see if that crossbreed works in a self-sustaining manner.
    How much longer they got?

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

You can buy the new seeds from the Allied Hunts vendor for 15 seals each. They're for the choco snacks. I'm wondering if you can cross breed to get em or whether this is the only way. I've bought the 2 red toned ones and will try planting soon. They are high tiered seeds, like krakka.

New many plants look more as you'd expect em

Spoiler: show

Update from this: http://www.ffxivgardening.com/seed-list.php?SeedType=2

Eggplant Knight minion seed fail

I tried out: mandrake and linseed. I got Azeyma Rose Seeds not a single minion seed :'(

did they change it from the update? i harvested right after 2.35

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Its not a 100% crossbreed. More like 30%

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jinn View Post
    How much longer they got?
    Just harvested the 4 curiel root plants and got 3 onion seeds. Planting onions where the curiel roots were, gunna check again to see if they crossbreed with Nymeia Lily

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen..._lotta_apples/

23 27 36 yield from G1 G2 G3 shroud soil for the new dye plants.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

lol at people trying to sell them for 100k+

No crossbreed, 2 day grow time and it yields 36.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

If SEs history is anything to go by, each feeding will only change the color by 1 point from 0-255, and it'll only change the tail feathers similar to legacy/draught chocobos.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Found a...glitch?
    I planted Xelphatol apple, Mamook pear, Valfruit and O'ghomoro Berry in grade 3 Shroud soil. Got 36 out of all, but when I harvested the Valfruit, the infographic showed as Tantalfruit with a yield of 9. .

[edit] nvm I just ran right over the fact that it was planted next to something planted with (I assume, not my beds) Thanlan soil. It gave me 9 Tantalfruit seeds from the Valfruit harvest. jesus am I not awake right now.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Any idea what Jute + Broombush makes?

how does the dye works? you feed them to chocobo and watch it change color? there's no instructions on how to do it.. only instructions on what color you want :/ i didnt plant any of it yet.. and the only way to obtain seeds is through allied seals?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBubbles View Post
    how does the dye works? you feed them to chocobo and watch it change color? there's no instructions on how to do it.. only instructions on what color you want :/ i didnt plant any of it yet.. and the only way to obtain seeds is through allied seals?
    Buy seeds with allied seals, plant seeds in shroud soil for better yield, harvest them ~2 days later if you fertilize decently.
    No one knows exactly how to get the right colors atm, there is a discussion and testing going on here.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I found the most successful combo to be Mandrake + Eggplant/Tomato/Onion/Nymia/etc = Mandie minion The mandrakes i made from Chamomile + prickly pear there was no Krakka involved in forming these ones and success was 100% Not nessesarily random either. Krakka's might just be a basic blend that works well with others? This is just a guess though.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Just to mention that the Han Lemon seeds only produced 2 lemons for me in Grade 3 Shroud topsoil. Unlike the rest of the new boco fruit which produced 36 from each plant.

i grew the chocbo fruits but i dont know how to feed it to my chocobo doesnt have the option help? how many of each do i feed the chocobo for a blue or red color? im not very picky about a specific blue or red

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i grew the chocbo fruits but i dont know how to feed it to my chocobo doesnt have the option help? how many of each do i feed the chocobo for a blue or red color? im not very picky about a specific blue or red
    Read this and thought I was in Random Fail for a second...

Quote Originally Posted by Diomer View Post
    Read this and thought I was in Random Fail for a second...
    read your comment and figured it out that you're one of those elitist pricks who thinks they're better than everyone and make fun of others.

i figured it out how to feed the chocobo, ive never done any feeding... but i guess thats a "fail" cause every player "should" know how to feed according to the elitist pricks out there.. thanks for your so no helpful comment.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I don't think it's necessarily elitist when the topic of coloring chocobos is pretty much literally the last couple dozen posts of the CHOCOBO thread.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

read your comment and figured it out that you're one of those elitist pricks who thinks they're better than everyone and make fun of others.

i figured it out how to feed the chocobo, ive never done any feeding... but i guess thats a "fail" cause every player "should" know how to feed according to the elitist pricks out there.. thanks for your so no helpful comment.
    At least your reply goes quite well with your user name. Your question about how to feed your chocobo was basically like asking how to use a fork; either you didn't try or you're pants-on-head retarded. At bare minimum, you should've tried the 3 obvious places for the answer: stables at your FC house, companion menu, or the recent patch notes where this was introduced. 2/3 of those would contain your answer. As for the chocobo color, that question is much less heinous, but you could've found your answer to that by checking the chocobo thread in this same section or just by using some common sense with the new fruit descriptions. Want some shade of blue? Use the food that deepens blue until you get it. Want some shade of red? Use the food that deepens red until you get it. It's pretty much that simple if you don't care about which particular shade of red or blue you get. Otherwise, carry on, but don't be surprised if you get made fun of for asking the most basic of questions that display absolutely no effort to "figure out" such an elementary task.