1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 9 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 0 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIV Gardening     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Got some G2s once within relative close times of one another (maybe 5 or so nodes apart), so I don't think there's any sort of time limitation.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Ah, yup. Took some time out and gave it a go, it seems overwhelming at first, but I really like gardening in this game.

Seeds are the same as Soil it seems. Time to make some Glazenuts! I hope Halone and Jute seeds are figured out soon, I can't seem to find anything on their intercrossing.

One thing I noticed on that spreadsheet is the Nymeia Lily is listed with a harvested and an adjacent, is that to say you can make them with only one plant to intercross with?

And last question, when planting the harvest plant, is that the only one you should use G3 Thanalan soil on and the other 2 intercrossing plants can be whatever? Or should all be planted with Thanalan?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

what combination works to get apricot seeds? I planted according to the reddit spreadsheet and didnt get shit Doesn't help there are 5 different ways to get it

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tetsaru Arigashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    what combination works to get apricot seeds? I planted according to the reddit spreadsheet and didnt get shit Doesn't help there are 5 different ways to get it
    Well, I haven't gotten any yet, but according to this (dunno if that's what you were referring to), it looks like a combination of Prickly Pineapples, Honey Lemons, and/or Dzemael Tomatoes. I planted the following formation a couple of days ago for my FC (pardon the crappy formatting, I didn't see a way to post tables in here):

Prickly Pineapple - Honey Lemon - Dzemael Tomato

Honey Lemon - V - Honey Lemon

Dzemael Tomato - Honey Lemon - Prickly Pineapple

...the "V" being the direction the scarecrow is facing (in this case, you'd be looking at its face). I also used Grade 3 Thanalan Topsoil on all 8 plants, and have been watering/fertilizing them every so often. I'll try and post our results when it comes time to harvest.

On a side note, yall probably already knew this, but the seeds for all 3 of these plants can be found from the unspoiled nodes in Eastern La Noscea:

- Honey Lemons at 5 AM near Gullperch Tower (Costa side)
    - Prickly Pineapple at 9 AM (Costa side)
    - Dzemael Tomatos at 1 PM (Wineport side)

I believe the seeds are all on Slot 1 for these, but I usually just pop Toil of the Pioneer so I can get the fruits/veggies too. I believe Dzemael Tomatos are used towards making the Spicy Tomato Relish for the CUL Artisan's tool anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I think i did pineapple (middle) and then dez tomatoe and sun lemon on either side and didn't get anything. Seems like the "sun lemon" combo is bogus so I planted the next one all pineapple & honey lemon combo. We have a medium house so I can use dez tomato combo in the other plant. I just don't want to waste than grade 3 soil if I don't need to, since it takes time I gather all of the soil.

I'd just love clarification/proof that a certain combo works

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I heard that if you stand near the plants and talk in /s to them that it helps them grow faster/give better results.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    I heard that if you stand near the plants and talk in /s to them that it helps them grow faster/give better results.
    Keep the retardation to a minimum please.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

My setup for the Apricots are:

Dzemael Tomato - Prickly Pineapple - Honey Lemon

Prickly Pineapple - scarecrowbescary - Prickly Pineapple

Honey Lemon - Prickly Pineapple - Dzemael Tomato

Last time I got 2 seeds out of it. Seems they can produce other random shit as well, unfortunately. I've also had some success with pineapples+almonds+lemons, also returning 2 from 1 bed.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Man, all this talk of apricots... My retainer brought me Apricot seeds yesterday and I just threw it in the garden without a second thought after I looked at the dirt-cheap prices for Apricots themselves.

At least I put it in Grade 3 Thanalan soil... hopefully something cool pops out...

Are you telling me those seeds are worth something? I didn't think to check the seed's price.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

They can only be intercrossed, to my knowledge. They're a bit annoying, but not exceedingly difficult to get. Apricots themselves are cheap because they're readily available from an unspoiled, however their seed supposedly is not. They're mostly valuable for intercrossing for Glazenuts to my knowledge.

A friend linked me this, and I've been trying it for Glazenuts. They should be ready tonight/tomorrow.

M=millioncorn
    A=apricot
    P=pixie plum

Also worth noting, that even planted in yield soil, the Glazenut, Lily, and Rose seeds only produce one of their item apparently. I think given that I'd plant them in Thanalan and see what they breed, or go for HQ, which doesn't seem worthwhile considering they're mostly used for furniture and minions. I'd say it'll be the same for Jute and the others.

Given how in depth this little system seems to be, I'm surprised there's no gardening log or something. It's a fun little time waster, I'd love to see more added to it later.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ku Ji
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Man, all this talk of apricots... My retainer brought me Apricot seeds yesterday and I just threw it in the garden without a second thought after I looked at the dirt-cheap prices for Apricots themselves.

At least I put it in Grade 3 Thanalan soil... hopefully something cool pops out...

Are you telling me those seeds are worth something? I didn't think to check the seed's price.
    Gotta love people like you.. I bought Broombush seeds off the market for 75o only, I guess its retainer gathered too.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Tried a setup very similar to what Nep has above, minus the apricots and I didn't get anything other than normal crap tier seeds this week. I'll try to hunt down some apricot seeds, but they're still pretty pricey atm. Funny, considering most of what glazenuts can make is selling for about the same price thanks to retainer ventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Keep the retardation to a minimum please.
    Hey now, you know as well as I do that it just wouldn't be BG otherwise.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    My setup for the Apricots are:

Dzemael Tomato - Prickly Pineapple - Honey Lemon

Prickly Pineapple - scarecrowbescary - Prickly Pineapple

Honey Lemon - Prickly Pineapple - Dzemael Tomato

Last time I got 2 seeds out of it. Seems they can produce other random shit as well, unfortunately. I've also had some success with pineapples+almonds+lemons, also returning 2 from 1 bed.
    Just an update on this, definitely works as I harvested them tonight and got 2 more kernels out of it.

My middle bed, which was:

Linseed - Mandrake - Linseed
    Mandrake - x - Mandrake
    Linseed- Mandrake - Linseed

..gave me 3 Azeyma Roses, so that one works rather well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

WTB recipe for Broombush seeds

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tetsaru Arigashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I just harvested from the plants from my previous post:

Prickly Pineapple - Honey Lemon - Dzemael Tomato

Honey Lemon - V - Honey Lemon

Dzemael Tomato - Honey Lemon - Prickly Pineapple

The 2 Prickly Pineapple plants yielded 12 NQ Prickly Pineapples and 1 Apricot Kernel each.

The 2 Dzemael Tomato plants yielded 12 NQ Dzemael Tomatoes and 1 Apricot Kernel each.

The 4 Honey Lemon plants yielded 12 NQ Honey Lemons each with no seeds.

Total yield:

24 Prickly Pineapples
    24 Dzemael Tomatoes
    48 Honey Lemons
    4 Apricot Kernels (yay!)

Trying the following setup now:

Apricot - Millioncorn - Pixie Plums

Millioncorn - V - Millioncorn

Pixie Plums - Millioncorn - Apricot

Used Grade 3 Thanalan Topsoil on all plants.

I heard this was the original setup to try and get Glazenuts, but I've heard a lot of people saying they didn't get any from it. I figured I might as well try it for myself, and if it doesn't work, I'll try getting some Royal Kukuru Beans for the other setup that was posted on that Google Spreadsheet recently.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

nice!!

I currently have
    -----
    honey lemon - Pineapple (middle) - honey lemon

Pineapple (middle) V Pineapple (middle)

honey lemon - Pineapple (middle) - honey lemon
    -----

and

-----
    dez tomato - pineapple (middle) - honey lemon

pineapple (middle) V pineapple (middle)

honey lemon - pineapple (middle) - dez tomato
    ----

They should be ready today or tomorrow. I'll post results

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ku Ji
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Seriously now guys no one could find someone that's selling Glazenut/seeds and hunt down his name then go check his damn garden?!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Kuji View Post
    Seriously now guys no one could find someone that's selling Glazenut/seeds and hunt down his name then go check his damn garden?!
    glazenut recipe has been known for a while. Its the broombush recipe that ppl are not revealing. and hard to hunt down ppl since they sell via their retainers.. unless there is a way to look them up and find who they belong to

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ku Ji
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    glazenut recipe has been known for a while. Its the broombush recipe that ppl are not revealing. and hard to hunt down ppl since they sell via their retainers.. unless there is a way to look them up and find who they belong to
    Have you ever harvested a Glazenut from this known recipe? <_<.. I tried a coulpe that I read somewhere but so far I got nothing so I'm just trying out other stuff for now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    They can only be intercrossed, to my knowledge. They're a bit annoying, but not exceedingly difficult to get. Apricots themselves are cheap because they're readily available from an unspoiled, however their seed supposedly is not. They're mostly valuable for intercrossing for Glazenuts to my knowledge.

A friend linked me this, and I've been trying it for Glazenuts. They should be ready tonight/tomorrow.

Spoiler: show

M=millioncorn
    A=apricot
    P=pixie plum

Also worth noting, that even planted in yield soil, the Glazenut, Lily, and Rose seeds only produce one of their item apparently. I think given that I'd plant them in Thanalan and see what they breed, or go for HQ, which doesn't seem worthwhile considering they're mostly used for furniture and minions. I'd say it'll be the same for Jute and the others.

Given how in depth this little system seems to be, I'm surprised there's no gardening log or something. It's a fun little time waster, I'd love to see more added to it later.
    Did this work for you Nep, for glazenuts?