1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIV Gardening     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    Only thing I could possibly think of would be using the medium-sized garden with an arrangement like this:

O - O - O

X - O - X

The O's being the plants that could crossbreed with each other so you have 4 plants in a "T" formation instead of 3 in a straight line or "L" formation, but I don't know if it's possible to do it that way. Has anyone tried this?
    I would assume (strong emphasis on "assume") that doesn't work that way. Top left corner is only neighbors with up middle and bottom left. Bottom row O is only neighbors with the X's.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm beginning to truly think that intercrossing is ONLY affected by one adjacent plant. If you do the Prickly Pineapple/Honey Lemon combo you'll get Apricot seeds a good percentage of the time with the right soil.

My Honey lemon in my glazenut combo matured earlier than everything else and gave me Royal Kukuru Seeds (it was adjacent to the Royal). I'm seriously thinking that it's one harvest/one donor...anyone else feeling this?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I agree. I'm thinking everything is only 2 plants. When I did honey lemon and pinnesple come in an entire bed I got 4 apricot seeds. When I did it w/tomatoes mixed in I got 2 apricot and 2 leeks.

And looking at the confirmed list, it's all only 2 plants

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

What seeds other than apricot can't be gathered without breeding? I'm going to assume some combination of those would be glazenut. Currently growing out a full 3 gardens of apricot seeds with grade 3 top soil but don't know which to go for next to breed with them once done.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ku Ji
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Apricot - Cabbage - Royal Kukuru

Blood Currants x Rolanberry

Shroud Tea - Flax - La Noscean Leek.

2nd garden going like this;

Royal Kukuru - Almond - Halone Gerbera

Mirror Apple x La Noscean Leek

Shroud Tea - Almond - Wizard Eggplant.

Harvested some of the crops today and managed to get these seeds, Royal Kukuru from the Rolanberry, Azemya rose from the blood currants, Apricot from the Cabbage, Azemya Rose from the Mirror Apple. Nymeia Lily from the Almonds in the bottom row. rest of crops coming along later.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    What seeds other than apricot can't be gathered without breeding? I'm going to assume some combination of those would be glazenut. Currently growing out a full 3 gardens of apricot seeds with grade 3 top soil but don't know which to go for next to breed with them once done.
    Royal Kukuru, Azeyema Rose, Nymeia Lily, etc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Kuji View Post
    Apricot - Cabbage - Royal Kukuru

Blood Currants x Rolanberry

Shroud Tea - Flax - La Noscean Leek.

2nd garden going like this;

Royal Kukuru - Almond - Halone Gerbera

Mirror Apple x La Noscean Leek

Shroud Tea - Almond - Wizard Eggplant.

Harvested some of the crops today and managed to get these seeds, Royal Kukuru from the Rolanberry, Azemya rose from the blood currants, Apricot from the Cabbage, Azemya Rose from the Mirror Apple. Nymeia Lily from the Almonds in the bottom row. rest of crops coming along later.
    very sexy! so you got Rose x4, Royal Kukuru x2, and Nymeia Lilly x2?

Thats a great harvest for making the stuff for Broombush (assuming the combination posted on the new spreadsheet is legit)

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    What the others have said above. Overall, to make Glazenuts, Broombush, and Jute (all S tier seeds for furniture and pets), its a multistep process for each seed

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ku Ji
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just harvested three more,got Shroud Tea from the Flax, and La Noscean Leek from the Wizard Eggplant. Shroud Tea seeds from the Almonds in the top row.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ku Ji
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I got Azemya Rose x2, Royal Kukury, Nymeia Lily and Apricont, Shroud Tea x2, La Noscean Leek. Hoping for better yields on the 4g seeds :<

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I don't understand what the point is for the Shroud Soil if you can't increase the quantity of the rare seeds harvest (at least that is what people have said). Unless your super casual about gardening its everyday / all day Than Grade 3 only

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ku Ji
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I don't understand what the point is for the Shroud Soil if you can't increase the quantity of the rare seeds harvest (at least that is what people have said). Unless your super casual about gardening its everyday / all day Than Grade 3 only
    Is it confirmed that 5g seeds can't yield more than one?.. I'm skeptical myself because even if you get same yield with Shroud Soil it doesn't necessarily mean it can't yield more than one, this needs to be tested 3-5 times atleast. Even intercors seeds don't work a 1oo% of the time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I plan to test when I get to that stage. Ive just been building up my stock of apricots and royal kukuru beans so that I can do both gardens at once for glazenuts. I should be ready to plant both beds for glazenuts by the end of this week.

I am still stuck on the idea that all intercrossing only requires 2 plants (instead of one on each side of the harvested plant). A lot of the recipes all have an odd 3rd plant which doesnt really add up to. For example, Apricots is Pineapple, honey lemon, and dz tomatoes. But you only need Pineapple and honey lemon.

Then when you look at glazenuts, its: apricots, royal kukuru, and dz tomatoes. The dz tomato doesn't fit in, so I bet its just Apricots and royal kukuru.

Intercrossing only requiring 2 plants makes morse sense when you consider small beds also. Since small beds would = 2 yield; medium beds = 3 yield, large beds = 4 yield

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ku Ji
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That's probably right but I haven't got the time to risk it atm so I just use the intercors soil for all of them, perhaps when I finally get myself a glazenut i would stop and do a little more testing and start gardening more efficiently.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I plan to test when I get to that stage. Ive just been building up my stock of apricots and royal kukuru beans so that I can do both gardens at once for glazenuts. I should be ready to plant both beds for glazenuts by the end of this week.

I am still stuck on the idea that all intercrossing only requires 2 plants (instead of one on each side of the harvested plant). A lot of the recipes all have an odd 3rd plant which doesnt really add up to. For example, Apricots is Pineapple, honey lemon, and dz tomatoes. But you only need Pineapple and honey lemon.

Then when you look at glazenuts, its: apricots, royal kukuru, and dz tomatoes. The dz tomato doesn't fit in, so I bet its just Apricots and royal kukuru.

Intercrossing only requiring 2 plants makes morse sense when you consider small beds also. Since small beds would = 2 yield; medium beds = 3 yield, large beds = 4 yield
    This has been my theory for a while; excellent synopsis. I'm doing the same thing as you this week; but with only one bed unless I can come up with more kukurus by then. I should be able to confirm tonight about glazenuts; if not tomorrow.

Also, I think higher yield from 5g seeds is incredibly rare. You're better off almost always using crossbreed soil and hoping for a higher yield of seed return.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yep, yep.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

You just did royal kukuru and honey lemon? If so, then it's a pretty safe bet all inter-cross breeds are 2 plants instead of 3 combo

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

You just did royal kukuru and honey lemon? If so, then it's a pretty safe bet all inter-cross breeds are 2 plants instead of 3 combo
    Let's just say that everything people think they know about intercrossing is wrong. It's definitely 2 plants.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

anybody know how many jute you get per seed?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ku Ji
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tarubaby View Post

Yep, yep.
    Care to mention how you managed to get a Glazenut?. You obviously did it without the intercors soil or it would've said it had been obtained through successful intercorsing no?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kuji View Post
    Care to mention how you managed to get a Glazenut?. You obviously did it without the intercors soil or it would've said it had been obtained through successful intercorsing no?
    Nope, it's with grade 3 Thanalan soil. That's what it says when you harvest and receive seeds from crossbreeding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast