1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 24 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 19 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 14 hours, 24 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIV Gardening     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

What causes a crop to start spewing purple shit and say "This crop has seen better days..." because it's happened quite a few times this set and I'm freaking out

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Lack of tending. Or at least I assume that because it immediately goes away once you water it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

that happens when you don't water them enough. That means they are dead. You don't have to water them a super lot. I think only 3-4x a day is good enough. Like i water them when I wake up. when I get home from school (mid day) and when i go to bed, and that's good enough

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Not even that much really. Maybe once a day, 20-24h. Going through activity list of my FC's crazy gardener he's been fertilizing for hours and only around this time mark do the plants look pink.

I tend every time I fertilize, I am there anyway.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Geez, careful about not cropping your plants. Someone left one in our garden too long and it's now stuck there until someone with high enough rank can remove it. I can plant seeds just fine, just can't remove the dead plants. It's pretty daft.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

so just to double check what i've been reading, no matter the soil you use, glazenut seeds will only ever yield one nut, and never a seed? even with shroud and 12+ fertilizations a day?

can someone verify this?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by orcryst View Post
    so just to double check what i've been reading, no matter the soil you use, glazenut seeds will only ever yield one nut, and never a seed? even with shroud and 12+ fertilizations a day?

can someone verify this?
    I can pretty much all but confirm this. I'll let you know for sure when my next two beds are mature later this week. I can't say they won't produce a seed on themselves, but they definitely don't yield more than one nut at the moment.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

well thats discouraging... but yes, if you have glazenut going in a bed right now it'd be great to know if you get a seed or two. but i guess this sorta kills my idea of a self sufficiant glazenut garden... is apricot the same? if you plant apricots, can you get apricot seeds from them? and will shroud + fertilizer give you more seeds?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by orcryst View Post
    well thats discouraging... but yes, if you have glazenut going in a bed right now it'd be great to know if you get a seed or two. but i guess this sorta kills my idea of a self sufficiant glazenut garden... is apricot the same? if you plant apricots, can you get apricot seeds from them? and will shroud + fertilizer give you more seeds?
    shroud soil only does not affect the higher tier of seeds (jute, broombush, and glazenuts). I'm curious if you will get any seeds back as well though from the glazenut harvest. Ill have enough for double beds tomorrow

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    shroud soil only does not affect the higher tier of seeds (jute, broombush, and glazenuts). I'm curious if you will get any seeds back as well though from the glazenut harvest. Ill have enough for double beds tomorrow
    Well let all questions be answered! I decided to shoot myself in the foot for the name of science. I risked testing grade 3 shroud soil as well as my normal grade 3 thanalan soil in my plots.

Two beds, both like this:
    --------------------------
    NW: Apricot (Shroud Soil)
    N: Glazenut (Thanalan Soil)
    NE: Apricot (Thanalan Soil)
    W: Glazenut (Thanalan Soil)
    E: Glazenut (Thanalan Soil)
    SW: Apricot (Thanalan Soil)
    SE: Apricot (Shroud Soil)
    ---------------------------

Between the beds I ended up with 8 glazenuts and 7 glazenut seeds. The apricots planted in Shroud soil gave ZERO seeds and 10 apricots (versus 5 apricot normal). The apricots planted in Thanalan Soil ended up giving me 4 bags of seeds back across both beds. Strangely enough, for the first time ever, three of the eight glazenut plants gave me glazenut seeds back. So it IS possible to yield seeds from glazenut plants.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Your work this day will not be forgotten Taru!

I am a bit dissapointed that it's basically than grade 3 all day every day. The only real purpose for shroud soil would be for the top tier seeds. But since that doesn't work then who would ever use shroud soil? And since the top tier seeds are used for furniture and pets, which don't need to be HQd, what's the point of using LL grade 3?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ku Ji
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I9o craftable accessories are getting released next patch I hink .. I assume they would use Glazenuts and such, perhaps that's when we need to start using other soils.

Can anyone confirm the two plants for Halone Gerbera and for Broombrush?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ku Ji
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Shalafi View Post
    Can anyone confirm the two plants for Halone Gerbera and for Broombrush?
    I've had a Broombush harvest written in a post here before, search the thread and you'll find it. I recon it used Halone Gerbera and something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuji View Post
    Could be, iirc the La Noscean leek didnt crossbreed and just gave me back the same seed, however, Halone got me Broombush and Almonds got me some 4g seed so they prolly bred together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuji View Post
    I've had a Broombush harvest written in a post here before, search the thread and you'll find it. I recon it used Halone Gerbera and something else.
    I'm looking for confirmation.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ku Ji
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I never tried it again.. so it was one of the two, Halone Gerbera/Leek or Halone Gerbera/Almonds. My guess would be on Halone/Leek since all 5g seeds crossbreed from 4g ones.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

His was broombush, almond and la nocsea leak. Bass on the reddit spreadsheet having almond in the 2 posted recipes it's safe to assume it may only need almond and halone gerbera. But don't think anybody on BG has tried it, or they just don't want to share the information. I won't be able to try broombush until end of next week at the earliest so can't help you out. Take a risk for the sake of science!

It's not for me, I've already told them almonds but don't think they will plant anytime soon as they have a crop going currently

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Just a quick note about yields and soils:
    I've done some testing with mid-tier stuff (roses and apricots) and have concluded that the grade of soil definitely affects the overall yield (seems like common sense, but this is a confirmation). I typically get 6-8 seeds from a bed using grade 3 Thanalan soil and lots of fertilizer. With Grade 2 Thanalan soil the yield is much worse at about 4 seeds. So don't waste your time with cheaper soil if you want quicker, better yields. Just man up with the expensive stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast