1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 20 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 13 hours, 52 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIV Gardening     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I am not yet convinced fertilizing helps. I think its based on the grade of soil you use and then RNG. Like i have gotten 4 apricots from a harvest of Prickly Pine and Honey Lemon (fertilizing a 3-5x a day). And then last harvest when i fertilized as much as possible I got 3 seeds. And I did the same to my last Royal Kukuru harvest (I have gotten Royal Kukuru seeds from both Apricots and Honey Lemon before... as in harvested them from each plant) and got 4 seeds.

I have both beds running for glazenuts and they should be ready tonight or tomorrow. Have been fertilizing as much as possible so curious what I get. It may just be that you can multiples of the tier 3 seeds and not others (based on the fact that tier 3 seeds only give 1 plant per).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I am not yet convinced fertilizing helps.
    Haven't seen any evidence to suggest it's anything more than an instant growth spurt and a bit of a placebo. However, Faster crops = shorter profit cycle.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    Haven't seen any evidence to suggest it's anything more than an instant growth spurt and a bit of a placebo. However, Faster crops = shorter profit cycle.
    Depends on how often and your source of fert. Buying that crap from an NPC for 3 beds was getting expensive tbh. Doesn't seem like much, but it adds up and it goes fast if you're fertilizing whenever it's available to do. I started making my fertilizer to bulk up the end profit.

But yeah, out of every bed I've done, I started to notice if I don't pay attention to a particular bed of the 3, I end up with piss poor intercrossing results. Could be luck, but just something I noticed. I also noticed it doesn't seem to effect the time they take to grow very much if at all. Apricots always seem to take the same number of days, as does everything else.

Like this cycle I was going easy on my 2 Apricot beds, and heavily watching the one I had planted for Royals. Full return from those, piss poor return from the other.

I have a question though. Is there any setup that can potentially return 8 Apricot seeds? All the ones I've tried seem to only yield up to 4. They're in such high demand for breeding, but so annoying to focus on getting.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Depends on how often and your source of fert.
    Yeah I don't fertilise very often at all. Maybe once or twice per crop cycle? That's a fucktonne of fertiliser if it's noticeably cutting into your high tier profits...

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Well, 24 an hour if you keep up with it, assuming 3 beds. I just am wondering how much of a point there is, or exactly what it does. I've gone through 4 stacks of the stuff this planting cycle and honestly cannot tell the difference outside of things that could be considered lucky/unlucky.

It doesn't speed them up noticeably. It's a big question mark on if it effects intercrossing, I don't think it effects yield on the item you're getting. So..? The only thing I can say 100% is it does shave off some amount of time. As I have had multiple occasions wherein a plant will change it's growth tier after being fertilized. And still, they take the same number of days to finish.

It doesn't really seem to do much for health of the harvest either. I've had the "this crop has seen better days" message, and simply tending fixes it right up every time. Message seems to come from lack of tending rather than fertilization. I always ignore tending because it doesn't error me out from doing it too much and I will literally stand there like a retard toting a gardening bucket.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

so both of my glazenut beds were up. Using Apricot an Royal Kurkuru and fertiliing anywhere from 10x+ a day. I only got 4 seeds per each bed.

I really think its just RNG then on how many you get, because if fertilizing mattered I should have gotten more than 4 per bed like others have

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

as for making broombush. Another house on the server has a bed set up for almonds and jute (every other). That could be the Broombush recipe since one of the posted recipes on the spreadsheet is almonds, jute, star anise

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Do people use Grade 1 soil to make Glazenuts since HQ doesn't matter and they don't breed?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Do people use Grade 1 soil to make Glazenuts since HQ doesn't matter and they don't breed?
    It's possible to get seeds back, so Id use Than grade 3

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Use grade 3 Thanalan to get seeds back.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

You can make pretty good money off some of the seeds you can harvest.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by bmikew121 View Post
    You can make pretty good money off some of the seeds you can harvest.
    thanks captain obvious. now go be useful elsewhere

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

anybody know the 2 seed recipe for halone gerbera?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Haven't tried to grow it yet, but from limited data in that spreadsheet I'd hazard a guess and say it's the Prickly Pineapple x Azeyma Rose.
    Of course, happy to be proven wrong.

Cookiez n Leechez
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryphen Darconel
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I can tell you it's not Prickly Pineapple x Chamomile. Going to try the Prickly Pineapple x Azeyma Rose, but need to grow some rose seeds first. Going to be a while since I just planted for those yesterday.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Don't even think pinneaple at all. Doesn't make sense. I'm going w/chamomile and azeyma rose

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Azeyma rose + chamomile is halone gerbera. I got 6 seeds from a large plot that was just rose and chamomile.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

thank you very much!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Gerbera + almonds = Broombush

Cookiez n Leechez
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryphen Darconel
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't know why I typed pineapple. I meant chamomile and rose. Been hanging around too many pineapples lately.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast