1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 33 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 5 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 4 hours, 33 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIV Gardening     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

not sure if holy shit but....

http://mectradegroup.org/FFXIV/9.jpg

3rd bed, beside pricky pineapple and flax

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by gattsuru View Post
    Posts on the official forums are saying

See forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/157071-Gardening-Harvesting?p=2261769&viewfull=1#post2261769
    Been a while since this was mentioned too, should probably be in the OP. It's pretty much right up to date and has functionality to submit results
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...readsheet_for/

Late to the party but got some Onion Knight seeds from Manrake/Krakka, feels good man, especially seeing as it was more or less random experiments.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    not sure if holy shit but....

http://mectradegroup.org/FFXIV/9.jpg

3rd bed, beside pricky pineapple and flax
    Shroud soil?

Shroud Soil lets you get multiple seeds (still only one if the plant itself gives you only one like Jute) but the chance of you getting seeds are rare. From what I tested, its about the same rate, I done 2 beds with only shroud soil and didn't get any seeds back, and then another 1 bed later and got 7 seed. The rate at which you get the seed probably ends up being the same as thanalan soil unless you get lucky and RNG favored you.

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

I'm going to be trying the Royal Kuruku and Sylkis combo for Thav.O's

I should use Than3 soil with Sylkis in 1,3,5,7 and Kurukus in 2,4,6,8? This will just give me Thav.O seeds yes?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It should. I wonder if Apricot+Sylkis would do the same thing. I think it should.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Bought a bunch of broom / glaze seeds today (since I need magic brooms anyway). Gonna try this once I harvest current crop. Have a bunch of curiel/sylkis/tantaplant currently planted. Hopefully they give me some seeds.

Also, I got a Gyashi Greens Seeds this morning from a harvest. Those are sold for like 30g from NPC, but I planted them anyway in hopes of maybe interesting crossbreeding? Has anyone else planted these yet?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Also, I got a Gyashi Greens Seeds this morning from a harvest. Those are sold for like 30g from NPC, but I planted them anyway in hopes of maybe interesting crossbreeding? Has anyone else planted these yet?
    Not me, I got some and had the same thought, but then thought "screw that".

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Where do you buy the greens seeds?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Where do you buy the greens seeds?
    Think he means you can buy the greens for 30gil (36 actually). The seeds come from crossing, think mine came from a cross like Mandrake/Krakka and Tantalplant.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    It's somewhere between 6-10 hours depending on the plant if you should tend it ( someone might be able to go into detail better about when to tend ). Fertilizing can be done every hour and reduces the time it takes for the plant to grow, which I think is 1 hour less each time you do it.

Took me 3 days (real days not FFXIV days lol) so I harvested it today. Thank you so much, I've got enough to last me for a while

Now I want to start to grow mats for the minions I want. Can someone explain this to me:

honey lemon - Pineapple (harvested) - honey lemon
    Pineapple (harvested) V Pineapple (harvested)

Is it honey lemon fruits or seeds? And what does pineapple (harvested) mean? Is it the seed or the fruit?

What soil do I use and how long to tend?

Thank you

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Considering nobody in their right mind would plant gysahl greens for the greens themselves... SE probably added it just so people could plant them for the greens themselves. But who knows, they may cross breed into something interesting.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBubbles View Post
    Now I want to start to grow mats for the minions I want. Can someone explain this to me:

Pineapple (harvested) V Pineapple (harvested)

Is it honey lemon fruits or seeds? And what does pineapple (harvested) mean? Is it the seed or the fruit?

What soil do I use and how long to tend?
    - Honey Lemon Seeds
    - Harvested means this was the plant the result came from. It's prickly pineapple btw.
    - For crossing for minions use Grade 3 Than so you maximise your intercross chances
    - Tend once a day or when your plants turn purple, fertilise as much as you want

Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    - Honey Lemon Seeds
    - Harvested means this was the plant the result came from. It's prickly pineapple btw.
    - For crossing for minions use Grade 3 Than so you maximise your intercross chances
    - Tend once a day or when your plants turn purple, fertilise as much as you want
    Thanks. Do you mean once a day in FFXIV day or irl?
    It won't let me plant prickly pineapple fruit ( harvest) only the seeds that I got from the same place that have the fruit.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Once an IRL day for tending; will get the purple mist from not being tended after 24 hours.

Fertilizing can be done every IRL hour, and speeds up the growth process by 1 hour

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Once an IRL day for tending; will get the purple mist from not being tended after 24 hours.

Fertilizing can be done every IRL hour, and speeds up the growth process by 1 hour
    Thanks! How long does it take for it to grow? Irl days... Took me about 3 dats to grow chocobo food

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I could swear I take longer than 24 hours to tend some days and don't get the purple mist. Pretty sure it varies by plant too.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Does getting the purple mist impact crossbreeding, maybe it was badluck, but the 4 plants that got the purple mist didnt produce any seeds.

Also, the purple is based of growth time, not real time. Meaning, if you fertilize plant A one more time than plant B, plant A will get the mist 1 hour earlier.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Ah, that might explain the inconsistency. Most of my 24h observations were back when our resident gardener was very heavy on the fertilizer, on the stuff on the path to Glazenuts. I would just observe that one morning he last fertilized "2h ago", and when I logged on (approx 24h after last tending) all the plants were purple'd so I wouldn't think he'd leave them that way if he saww it.

Hi!

I'm following up on an earlier post where someone thought that cross breeding had to happen all at the same time and that it was best to wait for the whole garden to be harvested.

In the lodestone gardening thread - and several other places - the cross breeding theory has been figured out to happen at the time of planting. This is why with thanalan grade 3 soil that you typically get between four and seven seeds - but never eight. Cross breeding only happens at planting time and to the plant next to where you plant. To control the crossbreeding the loadstone folks are planting in a clockwise pattern (top left, top middle, top right, right middle, right bottom...) - with the deluxe garden. This means that the first seed has nothing to crossbreed with - which is why it never produces a seed. The second planting is next to one plant - the first one planted - this one will crossbreed only with the first plant. And so on till the last seed is planted - which can crossbreed with either seed 7 or seed 1.

A strategy to get eight seeds is to plant the cheaper seed of the two you want to crossbreed first in cheap soil (grade 1 anything) and plant clockwise - all the way around. Then pull up the first seed you planted (it was cheap in cheap soil) and plant the last seed to crossbreed.

For example - If I were trying to plant glazenuts and apricots (to get more glazenut seeds and glazenuts) - starting with an empty garden - I would first plant an apricot seed (it's cheaper than a glazenut seed) in grade 1 soil. Second seed planted would be right next to the apricot and it would be a glazenut and thanalan grade 3 soil. Alternate apricot and glazenut all the way around the garden. Last steps - pull up the first apricot which was in cheap soil - and plant an apricot there in grade 3 thanalan soil. This planting pattern will give all eight plants a chance to crossbreed to make more glazenut seeds (yahoo).

Some folks have tried planting in X patterns - top middle, right middle, bottom middle, left middle - then in the corners - this always leads to four seeds or less. The reason - cross breeding happens when the seed is planted.

For expensive plants - like glazenuts - I get the apricots harvested first with their glazenut seeds... The. I plant more apricots where they were... Since there are only glazenuts left in the garden - this means that the apricots crossbreed with the glazenuts on planting... And much later on I get more glazenut seeds from both the apricots and glazenuts. Very handy for the planting that leads to cycles of the same seeds.

Since 2.3 - there is a lot of effort going into verifying that the crossbreeding results (spreadsheet and others) are correct. I'm verifying the broombush crossbreeding from scratch right now - each step so far works - I'm at the Halone Gerbera plus Almonds step and will know if that produces broombush sometime later this week.

There is also a lot of random experiments that have happened to figure out chocobo food growing. The lodestone forum has a huge gardening thread that has lots and lots of details. The crossbreeding for choco foods seem to have multiple results for the same combination of plants... It will take a while longer to find out what the best crossbreeding of seeds will be to use for both choco food and for various minions.

Hope this helps some...

Fleur C.