1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 19 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIV Gardening     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ku Ji
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tarubaby View Post
    Nope, it's with grade 3 Thanalan soil. That's what it says when you harvest and receive seeds from crossbreeding.
    How would you get a glazenut seed without crossbreeding then?, As I said if it was a crossbred it should say "blah blah blah was obtained through successful intercorsing".. not just "You obtain a bag of x"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

It might say that on the line before, Taru only cut/pasted the line that said he obtained the seed

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ku Ji
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Apricot - Cabbage - Royal Kukuru

Blood Currants x Rolanberry

Shroud Tea - Flax - La Noscean Leek.

2nd garden going like this;

Royal Kukuru - Almond - Halone Gerbera

Mirror Apple x La Noscean Leek

Shroud Tea - Almond - Wizard Eggplant.

----

I got a Broombush seed from the Halone Gerbera!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tetsaru Arigashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So I've got a bit of a dilemma here...

Current setup:

Apricot - Millioncorn - Pixie Plums

Millioncorn - V - Millioncorn

Pixie Plums - Millioncorn - Apricot

All of the plants except for the Apricots are ready to be harvested (I'm assuming the Apricots just take longer to grow). Though I doubt I'll get any Glazenuts from this, I'm still curious if harvesting the other plants now would have any adverse effects on any potential crossbreeding. At the same time, I'm also worried that if I wait on the Apricots to fully grow, I risk the other plants withering due to not being promptly harvested, if that is such a thing (I just remember something about plants being able to wither if ignored for a while). Any suggestions?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ku Ji
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    So I've got a bit of a dilemma here...

Current setup:

Apricot - Millioncorn - Pixie Plums

Millioncorn - V - Millioncorn

Pixie Plums - Millioncorn - Apricot

All of the plants except for the Apricots are ready to be harvested (I'm assuming the Apricots just take longer to grow). Though I doubt I'll get any Glazenuts from this, I'm still curious if harvesting the other plants now would have any adverse effects on any potential crossbreeding. At the same time, I'm also worried that if I wait on the Apricots to fully grow, I risk the other plants withering due to not being promptly harvested, if that is such a thing (I just remember something about plants being able to wither if ignored for a while). Any suggestions?
    Just harvest them, I've had plants produce crossbreeds even though they're alone by the time I harvested them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Kuji View Post
    Apricot - Cabbage - Royal Kukuru

Blood Currants x Rolanberry

Shroud Tea - Flax - La Noscean Leek.

2nd garden going like this;

Royal Kukuru - Almond - Halone Gerbera

Mirror Apple x La Noscean Leek

Shroud Tea - Almond - Wizard Eggplant.

----

I got a Broombush seed from the Halone Gerbera!
    It was harvested from the Halone Gerbera and next to the Almond and La Nosea leek?

Gonna take an assumption, based on the reddit data info, that its going to be just Halone Gerbera and Almonds

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ku Ji
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    It was harvested from the Halone Gerbera and next to the Almond and La Nosea leek?

Gonna take an assumption, based on the reddit data info, that its going to be just Halone Gerbera and Almonds
    Could be, iirc the La Noscean leek didnt crossbreed and just gave me back the same seed, however, Halone got me Broombush and Almonds got me some 4g seed so they prolly bred together.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

This morning I pulled 7/8 Apricot Kernels out of my bed (the other was nothing). I guess taking care if it frequently does make a difference! :D

Now to plant an entire bed of glazenuts.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

There was something in the patch about seed yields. On phone so hard for me to post it.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Which cross did you use to pull up all those apricots? There's a few, and the cheapest route seems to be the rolanberry and Prickly pineapple, at least on my server. I wonder if (and how much of a difference) it makes.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Here is the relevant bit:
    The number of seeds obtained through intercrossing when using Shroud Topsoil has been adjusted.
    This adjustment is intended to ensure balance with the number of seeds received when intercrossing using Shroud Topsoil in comparison to Thanalan Topsoil.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Tarubaby View Post
    This morning I pulled 7/8 Apricot Kernels out of my bed (the other was nothing). I guess taking care if it frequently does make a difference! :D

Now to plant an entire bed of glazenuts.

using Than grade 3 soil and from a single bed? Mine just finished this morning and i only got a single apricot kernel per

I dont understand the patch notes since Shroud soil is not used for cross breeding

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I think, at least my theory is, you can crossbreed with any soil but Thanalan soil greatly increases the chances. (At least based on these notes)
    Shroud Topsoil greatly increases chance of a yield bonus (more than 6/12 etc fruits) but didn't affect the seed yield, now it'll affect the seed yield (and you'll get 6 seeds from successful crossbreeding, let's say).

So, Thanalan = better chance of breed, less seed
    Shroud = less chance of breed, more seed
    L-N = fuck off

my only experience is gathering 6 dalamud popoto sets at once from successful crossbreeding

i'm a novice gardener at best tho

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I think, at least my theory is, you can crossbreed with any soil but Thanalan soil greatly increases the chances. (At least based on these notes)
    Shroud Topsoil greatly increases chance of a yield bonus (more than 6/12 etc fruits) but didn't affect the seed yield, now it'll affect the seed yield (and you'll get 6 seeds from successful crossbreeding, let's say).

So, Thanalan = better chance of breed, less seed
    Shroud = less chance of breed, more seed
    L-N = fuck off

my only experience is gathering 6 dalamud popoto sets at once from successful crossbreeding

i'm a novice gardener at best tho
    This is how I understand the notes as well. You can still crossbreed with Shroud, just less of a chance at the breed, but a greater chance at more seeds.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

In starting to think cross-breeding seeds are 100%. But the chance to get a return on seeds is lower. Has anybody not gotten a cross-breeding seed on a confirmed combination (when not using Than grade 3?)? Either that, or than grade 3 makes it 100%.

Harvested today, 4 Mandrake & 4 Flax plants yielded me 6 Azeyma Rose seeds, all were planted with Than Soil 3.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Shalafi View Post
    Harvested today, 4 Mandrake & 4 Flax plants yielded me 6 Azeyma Rose seeds, all were planted with Than Soil 3.
    I got the same result from a patch the other day (though I'm not 100% on the soil, I'll have to ask the person who planted)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Shalafi View Post
    Did you fertilize a shit ton? I wonder if the patch changed this or not

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

I'm apparently ten years old this morning.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm not Katlan, but my 7/8 Apricot Harvest was harvested after the 2.28 patch, was done with 4x prickly pineapple/4x honey lemon in grade 3 Thanalan, and was fertilized a shit ton.

I'm too much of a chicken atm to plant more glazenuts in yield soil to see how the yields on g5 seeds have changed; but maybe we'll see after my next bed of glazenut seeds is done in like 3-4 more days. I'm really hoping my tests with glazenut/donor plant combos yield what I'm hoping they do; will update when I have more info.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast