1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Personal housing blurb in Famitsu

So, there's this stuff going around about personal houses and personal rooms within FC housing. Just curious if anyone has any additional insight into this.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...s_on_personal/

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201403/30050776.html

The reddit overview seems to say that both are being implemented for 2.3. Call me skeptical, but I'd be shocked if SE managed to pull that off, so I'm curious if anyone with a solid grasp on JP can tell whether or not they actually said they intend to implement both of those things. For what it's worth, the google translate version certainly doesn't sound so sure with "Plans to implement both, or either."

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

DID YOU KINDLY ASK SLYCER

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

That was the intent with this, but I know he's not the only one who can read this.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I think he segued into them being focused on the fast approaching 2.3 (and the smaller patches before it), rather then it being part of 2.3. And then bought up the idea of people turning a mansion into an apartment where you have your own room as an alternative to waiting for personal housing, lol.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Call me skeptical, but I'd be shocked if SE managed to pull that off, so I'm curious if anyone with a solid grasp on JP can tell whether or not they actually said they intend to implement both of those things.
    You do know that Yoshi-P has been on point about 95% of whatever he says he'll implement, right? You don't even have to question it at this point; he's not Tanaka, lol.

Fire the Slycer signal.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

FYI, I saw this post and have been working on it, I'll get it posted when I can at some point this afternoon (busy for the next hour or so).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Here you go - great candid conversation between two developers. Hino is clearly a fan of the game and has spent his time in Eorzea, asking some good questions and making some good points. Housing info (the only explicitly new info) is in the last few paragraphs.

--------------------

In the Square Enix session with Naoki Yoshida, new information from A Realm Reborn has surfaced!

Next, there was a Creator's talk with Naoki Yoshida and Level-5's CEO Akihiro Hino. Hino loves Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (hereafter, New FFXIV), and was having a drink with his friend Yoshida. They were both appearing at this year's GFF2014 [[Game Fan in Fukuoka 2014]], so they couldn't refuse getting together over a drink.

"So how do you feel as a core player of New FFXIV?" Yoshida asked.

"I want to ask some questions from a user's point of view," he said, from the uncensored stance of a fan. Hino mentioned that he just cleared the fifth turn of the Binding Coil of Bahamut the other day. He said that although it was just his first clear (and it happened just an hour before the update), he miraculously got both the Allagan Helm and the Allagan Blade. The venue was packed with fans of New FFXIV, and there were a lot of groans heard when he made these remarks. Hino has also been working on crafting and gathering, not just combat classes like Black Mage. He also created a new character in New FFXIV. Yoshida was amazed that he actually had the time for all that, but Hino said he gets a little gaming time in so he can have some fun before going to bed.

The first thing that was discussed was some new information for the Playstation 4 version of New FFXIV. Yoshida first requested to ensure that your PS4 system software version is up-to-date. It seems that New FFXIV will require the latest PS4 system software. Hino had some questions for him about why the information like gear sets and hot cross bar settings will transfer over from the PS3 to PS4. Yoshida mentioned that they want to support the transition from the Playstation 3 to Playstation 4 environment, and that he will have an announcement soon with comments on how the transition will take place. However, for a few reasons, it's uncertain on whether there will be a transition from the PC to PS4, although they will try their best.

The next theme was a discussion on the policies for changes in FFXIV. Hino mentioned that he played both the original and new FFXIV, and while the original FFXIV focused on presenting an incredible world, the new FFXIV seems to focus on tightening up play mechanics and gameplay mechanisms. Yoshida said that while he will continue to take care of the world's presentation, the experiences available to players are more important to him. As a MMORPG fan himself, Yoshida took players into account as he put together and reshaped the world.

Yoshida went on: "the world will change over time, and should fill you with good expectations for what's to come, while still being enjoyable in the moment. And when the updates come, there's a lively feeling that you can only get from online games."

"It's great to have a number of gameplay styles available for a variety of tastes," Hino agreed. However, it takes a lot of work to implement a variety of ways to have fun.

"Ultimately, we believe that whatever we do needs to be entertaining," Yoshida said.

Hino had some more questions and asked Yoshida if there was any particular content that was a clear fan favorite that he would recommend above other content. Yoshida responded, "there's no one winner for all players; it depends on the person. We'll continue to update the game in all directions, keeping the main story dynamic with the usual 'FF' feel, so players should always find something to keep them entertained."

Hino wasn't convinced and pushed a bit harder. Yoshida went on, "with patch 2.2 implemented, it's not really clear yet." However, he did recommend that players try out the Binding Coil of Bahamut [[Turns 1-5]] if they haven't already. "You should be able to steadily advance through it as the difficulty eases up over time, especially for first time players in Japan. I want to encourage a feeling that it's okay to be patient with the content."

Hino then said he wanted to change gears from a talking from a creator perspective to talking from a player's perspective for the rest of the session. "For those of you who aren't playing New FFXIV, thank you and come again!" Hino joked, to waves of laughter from the venue. The first discussion was "Hino's Questions: Paladin Edition."

Hino is working on his Paladin with item level 95. It's a painful role to take, which many players decide to quit. But in the recent producer letter, which Yoshida has been doing on a regular basis (producer letter LIVE), one of the updates was for Paladin to be able to get the War Lion as a mount. So after the release of patch 2.2, Hino went to review his achievement, and it said that he had participated in 0. "All those primals I had defeated in the past weren't recorded; it was a catastrophe! I was desparately searching to see if I could find anything posted about this, but there was nothing. What do you have to say about this?" Hino asked Yoshida, to unexpected applause from the audience.

Yoshida took the time to explain again what he presented in the producer letter LIVE, that since the total population of tanks (Warriors and Paladins) is small, they implemented two measures in patch 2.2. The first was to increase the role bonus to experience for roles in need, to get players to start as a new warrior or paladin. The second was to provide new mounts for dedicated veteran tanks. He mentioned that in the LIVE letter he said that it was a way to thank players for continuing to take on tanking roles in the future.

"There seems to be some misconception that we purposefully deleted old clear data, but that's not the case," Yoshida said. In New FFXIV, all data has to recorded and saved to the server (Auto saves occur at least once every 45 seconds, with the back end writing every 15 minutes), and it's an enormous amount. Additionally, with a all of the different jobs and the armoury system, save data balloons even further. The data for what particular content was cleared on particular classes was not recorded until now.

For future tanks since the rewards and experience will increase further with the bonus, some people may blindly choose to become tanks. In order to protect the pride of those who have been tanks up until now, something had to be added for them, so the thought of a lion came about. "For someone who isn't that interested in getting the War Lion, it wouldn't be much motivation to attach it to doing Duty Roulette for two months or more, and it would feel like a pain," Yoshida said.

Hino was also against that and understood, but said "200 times (the acquisition condition to defeat high end eight man content)... let's talk about this over a drink."

The next theme was "Hino's Questions: Echo Edition." In the talk, Yoshida carefully explained the echo using examples, but for the convenience of space here, we'll use Hino's comments to describe it more simply: "it's a system that will allow players to clear content which they had trouble completing by playing through it several times." Hino wasn't completely on board with the idea. He said that his greatest challenge so far had been to gain enmity quickly on both of the small Titans in the extreme primal battle with Titan. In order to do it properly, Hino said he was doing special training in other content. At the end of all his struggles, he was finally able to clear extreme Titan, and was proud of it. Hino asked, "now that you can clear the fight by failing several times, how do I explain to people that I survived by practicing for a long time?"

Yoshida gave the example of a high school athletic club. Some people prefer to play in more of a friendly way, and for those people, if the competition level gets too high and they feel like they can't get to that level, they may stop playing forever. So it was an idea to keep things at a level where everyone can try it out. Even with all that, Yoshida said that "for the players at the forefront, we'll keep preparing content which will push everything you've practiced until now to even higher levels." Although Hino may have felt a certain way, he is only one player of the many in New FFXIV, and in the end, it's a way to get even more people to play the game.

Well, there was a lot of excitement and the set period of time had already passed at this point. Hino still had some essential questions for his "New Information, Please Edition," but Hino and Yoshida had originally planned to show off some party play, so they decided to go ahead and show off party play while also providing new information. They took on the Leviathan primal battle. Hino commented, "I'm not nervous talking, but I'm nervous showing myself playing...."

Yoshida, of course, already had experience with awkward performances in this kind of situation...but even with the pressure, he had stunning results. That being said, since it's natural to stop talking when you get serious about playing, they didn't discuss much at all. They did apologize for this, though, and Yoshida went on to talk about a few new things.

There was some new information related to private homes. The specifications have already been finalized, he said, and two types are planned. One, which he expects to be popular, will be to have your own room within your Free Company. The other will be to buy your own private land and house. The current plan is to implement both, or at least one, in the next patch (2.3), which they are currently working on at a fast pace (there will be a smaller patch prior to that). "It will be in roughly three months," Yoshida said.

"For those who haven't yet purchased a Free Company house, would it better to wait until then?" Hino asked.

Yoshida responded that "you should definitely buy it now. If you just have a private home, your communication will be partially cut off." He explained that the larger mansion-type houses are popular with free companies, but they still want to make sure that there are people occupying the smaller houses.

Yoshida wrapped up. "There really aren't many Japanese MMORPGs, so I really want to reach out to the game developers. Online games are packed with elements and it's entirely different from a developer's perspective than from a player's perspective. If you're aiming to get into the gaming industry, or are already in the industry and want to move your career ahead, think about trying to move into the online realm. Please try playing the game with that in mind, even if you just clear the main scenario so you can get a feel for it. As more and more Japanese online game developers hit the scene, it would be nice if we could domestically produce even more MMORPGs. There's no progress without competition." With that, the talk session was concluded.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

200 8-man clears and not being retroactive really does suck, because I and most of my friends have no reason to do EX Primals outside Leviathan (and even then...) or old Coil turns. The mount is awesome but it's a big ask to suffer through 200 8-man raids to get it, especially knowing that I've already done so in the first place.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Thanks for the write-up! That definitely clears the air surrounding my initial question regarding housing, and the rest is interesting as always.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

meh, you'll eventually hit 200 clears by running to get your 13.5k myth

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Most people are running Brayflox, so no. The only thing that counts toward the 200 tank clears are EX primals and any turn of coil (except turn 3). I think I'm up to 22 without deliberately going for the mount, which to be honest, a mere two weeks after the patch, I'm not disappointed with.

Now, you might get 200 farming a Mirror of the Whorl...

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Thiefami View Post
    meh, you'll eventually hit 200 clears by running to get your 13.5k myth
    Don't think levi would be to fun to do, unless you got a static that can guarantee clears for that many runs. Pugging it, would be a ... very painful experience.

I was already kind of tired after getting my first animus spamming brayflox as a healer (talk about finger cramp healing that stuff with bad dps/tanks)