1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 16 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 17 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung View Post
    Best drop ever.
    son of the bitch don't think i don't see that HA axe

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    I'm more surprised that not a single one of them went marauder.
    MRD is only superior for burst damage with Raging and B4B, over time WAR's extra STR is going to win out.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Just wondering, is there any info threads on that? Not disputing it, I just need something to show my static so I can go war instead or mrd for T8.

Idk if anyone's done any hard numbers or practical testing but the net gains of cross class Raging and B4B are 2.2% and 2.5% respectively if always used on recast and always maximally utilized (ie. none of their duration is wasted).

Couldn't say what kind of increase 10 STR offers in comparison but the ~2% (in practice) or less bonus from each of the damage skills seems iffy at best.

That said, in a fight where burst damage is more important than overall damage, MRD is going to be more valuable. Also worth noting is Straight Shot (can't believe I forgot this) and Invigorate.

Tbh the more I think about it the less sure I am. The best answer you can get is to just go WAR a few times and compare with MRD parses.

And t5 has a great chance to burst in it.....

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I've done a lot of both WAR and MRD dps in different instances. If there's a difference, it's not noticeable enough for me to say one or the other.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Idk if anyone's done any hard numbers or practical testing but the net gains of cross class Raging and B4B are 2.2% and 2.5% respectively if always used on recast and always maximally utilized (ie. none of their duration is wasted).

Couldn't say what kind of increase 10 STR offers in comparison but the ~2% (in practice) or less bonus from each of the damage skills seems iffy at best.

That said, in a fight where burst damage is more important than overall damage, MRD is going to be more valuable. Also worth noting is Straight Shot (can't believe I forgot this) and Invigorate.

Tbh the more I think about it the less sure I am. The best answer you can get is to just go WAR a few times and compare with MRD parses.
    You mean 20 STR?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kaixin View Post
    son of the bitch don't think i don't see that HA axe
    I don't know what you're talking about.
    Spoiler: show

re: twisters and where's protect

I haven't seen so many twisters go off for a long time; I think on one wipe I got hit by the knockback from 3 of them at once. The 2nd dread that normally coincides with a twister was.. a total clusterfuck. We eventually just decided to sacrifice whoever got locked down, hope it wasn't the healer, then finish it after the twister, and use healer LB3 to fix us up after the last neuro dropped. This is a textbook case of why all melee is a terrible idea for Twintania!

Thankfully the liquid hell phase was smooth sailing.
    Spoiler: show

re: WAR vs MRD

The extra buffs you get from MRD and the STR from WAR is pretty much a wash. The key difference is Invigorate so you can either Overpower more or not get TP starved. The burst from buffs+overpower spam (if applicable to the fight) will push MRD ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    You mean 20 STR?
    No, because it's 10.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yeah, WAR/PLD lose more VIT instead going to their classes.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, due to vit being the primary stat you're only losing 10str. Because of that I'd say MRD should always do more damage. You've got more burst potential and the sustained should be about the same. But if you ever run out of tp, invigorate means more sustained from mrd. Losing Inner Beast (300pot) and Steel Cyclone (aoe 200pot) probably closes the gap a bit on burst potential if I think about it.

The single target gains from using Defiance+Infuriate+IB and dropping Defiance right after are.....dubious I'd say.

Doing the same for Steel Cyclone however is potentially much more worthwhile depending on the number of targets.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

IB/SC don't need Infuriate, it ignores the damage penalty on it's own, so you can do some tricksy combinations or start offs. But yeah dubious!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Finally saw my first left side tank drop this week (t6 feet) (first tank drop in 8 weeks, 2nd overall) unfortunately the other tank won the lot. Nice to know they exist however!
    i swear to god, turn 1 only drop healer feet and tank bracelet (we had a streak of 4 weeks in a row, EXACTLY the same healer feet/tank bracelet)

you got feet?! LIE!

infact, anything that rained in coil 1, stopped dropping in coil 2 for us :X

caster and drg loots {Where?}

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    IB/SC don't need Infuriate, it ignores the damage penalty on it's own, so you can do some tricksy combinations or start offs. But yeah dubious!
    Infuriate makes you....infuriated so you can use them, I'm not talking about Unchained.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

21:31]You obtain a piece of alexandrite

3rd of the fate in fates

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Infuriate makes you....infuriated so you can use them, I'm not talking about Unchained.
    Wewps. :3

I got a Seer's Cowl from Cutter's Cry this week for my blm. Cutter's cry apparently also drops a caster head piece, that you can't use with the cowl because it's a body+head. I just.. that dungeon is stupid.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Coil was semi-nice this week D: Tank wrist / Healing feet so next wrist falls to me, Tank neck / Slaying ring so tank neck fell to me, and Bard neck / Casting gloves. Finally nice to see casting drop on t8

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

you mean after all the 25h wipes you did on twitch?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nova Raylynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Laughing Skull

I know it's low level garbage but this is how amazing my luck is. Still don't have the HA boots which everyone and their mom has and 8 kills (probably 9 after tonight) without seeing a fending ring drop.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast