BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Let me correct myself then.

That staff is highly useless for anyone who took their time to make Magian staves. For walmart SMN, it's a nice upgrade.

Campaign
    BG Level

Sorry Tarage but defining "walmart SMN" anybody who doesn't have Nirvana or 8x inventory wasting, noilevel, highly time consuming staves sounds like a pretty big exageration.
    Also, I don't recall those staves having Pet Haste or Pet acc on them. It was just -bp and -perp no?

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    pretty lackluster overall. seeing very little reason to bother with tenzen/ouryu outside of titles
    Hopefully they'll let us vanity weapons at some point because that RUN sword is a lot sexier than that awful vagina mythic they have coming up.

Except, you can easily cap perpetuation without magian staves, and then the new SMN staff gives the "walmart SMN" an advantage.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

+7 inventory is a hell of a use, I'd think, unless you absolutely need that -6 with all of the other sources of -perp. The BP delay doesn't stack beyond normal means right?

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If you are relying on pet melee attacks to do the majority of your damage you are doing it wrong. Period.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    If you are relying on pet melee attacks to do the majority of your damage you are doing it wrong. Period.
    If you are calling an increase in dmg completely useless even if it is small you are doing it wrong

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The SCH staff is only an inventory saver because we don't need it, because the potency bonus from the club from wopket is likely better then the duration bonus from the staff, and we already carry the club. ;x

Who said anything about the majority damage? It'll still help more than sticking to gimp inventory-clogging level 99 staves. Hell, I already have capped perpetuation WITHOUT even equipping a damn staff at all. Magian staves have no use anymore at all. -Bloodpact is easily capped, -Perpetuation is easily capped. So you have a choice between helping your avatar do some extra DPS and extra TP gain, or nothing. What's there to lose? You're only gaining with the new staff. It's not like you're suddenly going to stop using bloodpacts.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Apache working finally. Just new KI for the BCs. No new quests based on patch checker.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I thought to myself that the walmart SMN would have the relatively free magian weapons over more expensive options or random options like Uffrat/+1/+2 and Nirvana.

Campaign
    BG Level

It's not a matter of "relying" on it.
    It's a matter of it being a nice addition for the forced waits you have in-between BPs.
    Granted it's not game changing of course, it's still something more, I don't see how you can define those 8 staves better or even equal to this.
    Hell, I probably wouldn't use them even if I had them all given the stats of this new one, just to save the inventory space.
    I don't know, seems to me you are unable to be unbiased about this new staff for some reason which I cannot grasp.

@Malithar
    No, the cap is still -15 for BP, and for that you *really* have a load of different options/paths through which you can reach the cap.
    It's not really the same for Perp, where staves aside you have to rely on Hagondes pieces, and good luck: 1) getting the KI to obtain the 119 version*, 2) getting -perp augment among the gazilion possible augments.
    I guess it's somehow worth it for the Body since you could get -5 perp AND refresh+2, but for the other slots I'd much rather have to work on an item which *I know* it's gonna give me -Xperp reliably instead of relying on the useless mechanic that is RNG augmentation.

*You don't need 119 pieces for the -perp of course...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

you also dont need to use +2 stones for perp -5. It's obtainable with +1 stones.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fival View Post
    The SCH staff is only an inventory saver because we don't need it, because the potency bonus from the club from wopket is likely better then the duration bonus from the staff, and we already carry the club. ;x
    I thought about that, but the lazy in me prefers to Regen5 for more (With JB and the staff!) and then afk for X minutes xD
    On content that matters I agree you should go for potency.
    But... I dunno, I can imagine a couple of situations where having your Regen5 last more could be useful, think about using the stratagems to apply something else instead of refreshing Regen5. It's not like Reg5 without Wopket's staff is exactely lackluster or anything.

But I had a casual SCH in mind when I wrote that, I doubt a casual SCH would do content that challenging. So yeah, for that kind of player it could be a decent inv-saver-all-around option. Granted these new weapons won't be too hard to obtain of course.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Atm not much, likely, but if/when they do their "additional enmity addressing stuff" and they turn out to be successful, it could be a nice little thing.

Wtf just noticed this...
    It's the second time that happens, first time was with Kannakiri+1 if I recall.
    Seriously... why?
    >___>
    Only 2 weapons with +228 are Katana and Club, retarded...
    Also just noticed it has +215 macc instead of the "typical" 188, but then it's clearly an offhand weapon (lower damage, lower delay) and the macc doesn't work on the offhand >.>
    How does the skill stat on ilvl work? If you had a 242 skill and a 228 skill katana, would your offhand have less acc?

Don't even really need to rely on hagondes for perpetuation, glyphic body gives -4 (5 if +1), convoker's pigaches give -4, convoker's horn is +2 refresh (better than perpetuation if you have enough elsewhere) evoker's ring, etc. Pretty easy to fill the gaps even with a subpar perpetuation staff. Magians are highly unnecessary

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alistrianna View Post
    you also dont need to use +2 stones for perp -5. It's obtainable with +1 stones.
    Yes I know, on my Uffrat+1 I got -5 with a +1 stone. One of the few times I got lucky with that stupid system, so yeah.
    But that doesn't make the system any less retarded or less time consuming. Just cheaper since +1 stones are clearly cheaper than +2.
    By the time you get the KI you want and the augment you want, you could probably have a 119 AF/Relic ready, for instance.

I don't know what to say, I guess it's a matter of personal preferences. There are those who like random stuff and those who hate it with passion with all their heart.
    I'd much rather have to work on something that I know it's gonna take me 3 months to complete (but see steps done bit by bit) instead that something that I could theoretically complete in 1 day but it might also take me 2 years. Fuck random augments srsly.
    Sorry for being biased about them but I really cannot stand them and regret my >20mils gil spent on stones so so so so much.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Any new Oboro dialogue/hints on new JSE requirements?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

combat skill+ only affects the hand using that weapon.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by CubsWoo View Post
    Any new Oboro dialogue/hints on new JSE requirements?
    I posted what I could glean from it on the last page (right before the thread got derailed by people flexing nuts over a pet job), but it's almost entirely <insert item here> flags and thus indecipherable.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistrianna View Post
    combat skill+ only affects the hand using that weapon.
    Ok then. That katana has +27 acc, which affects both hands, so there's no point in whining about the skill unless you really miss the attack on your offhand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast