Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You know, I had a long post about why the 2 more -perp matters and why the haste is worthless, but I've derailed this thread long enough. If you think it's good, more power to you. I'm sure it will match your int earrings nicely.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fival View Post
    The SCH staff is only an inventory saver because we don't need it, because the potency bonus from the club from wopket is likely better then the duration bonus from the staff, and we already carry the club. ;x

This... Bolelabunga says NO. If it were more like the BLM staff it would be nice.

It's funny how they need you to have a Delve 2 clear and access to fancy Plasm weapons to build.... strange new JSE weapons for most jobs.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post

Ok then. That katana has +27 acc, which affects both hands, so there's no point in whining about the skill unless you really miss the attack on your offhand.
    If your mainhand has 242 skill and your offhand has 218 skill. Your offhand will have less accuracy than your mainhand.

Campaign
    BG Level

How does the skill stat on ilvl work? If you had a 242 skill and a 228 skill katana, would your offhand have less acc?
    Each hand has its own accuracy level.
    "+ X <weapon> skill" adds only to that hand. +Accuracy adds to both.
    Magic Accuracy works only on the main hand, it doesn't work offhand (or so they told us, didn't see any test)

@CoreyX
    I think there's a misunderstanding somewhere. Please allow me to rephrase.
    I'm not saying you cannot cap perp without staves, but that you don't have many options to reach the cap (excluding old pre-SoA gear of course)
    Unless I forgot something, the only relevant slots where you can get -perp are Body (max-5), Feet (max-4) and head (max-4). Total of -13, and another -1 from ring.
    Then you have Hagondes Hands and Hagondes Legs. Both cap at -5 I think?
    But if you can cap -perp without using the legs and head slots, it means you could get +3 refresh, for instance.
    I see Hago+1 body very useful because you can get -5 (like Glyphic body+1) AND refresh+2. But you lose the Pet: stats on Glyphic.
    Either way, for Hagondes you have to rely on luck once if you feel happy with the 113 version, and twice if you want the 119.
    With the other options (new staff, reforged armor) you can work on something that's gonna give you what you want with 100% reliability.

My comparison with -BP gear was to say that there are way more options/paths to cap -BP compared to how many you have to cap -perp (atm).
    In this light the new staff is not necessary, but it sure is a nice addition (freeing up other slots for example)

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Santi View Post
    If your mainhand has 242 skill and your offhand has 218 skill. Your offhand will have less accuracy than your mainhand.
    And if your mainhand has 242 skill, your offhand has 228, and your offhand gives both hands +27 accuracy your hit rate will be better than if both hands were just 242 skill.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    This... Bolelabunga says NO. If it were more like the BLM staff it would be nice.

It's funny how they need you to have a Delve 2 clear and access to fancy Plasm weapons to build.... strange new JSE weapons for most jobs.
    The update notes say you only need 1 win from SKCNM, OR delve v1 OR delve v2 OR D/VD merit battlefields. You can still go for JSE even if you've only beaten A Worm's Turn on D.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Maurauc View Post
    Okay, so confirmed that BRD's is a harp, GEO's is the handbell, PLDs is the shield.

Remember that they don't do decimals, so it's actually regain +1 per tick.
    Then why is the moon shade earring regain+1 and 1tp/tic? I know for tp its different but there should be no decimal for regain. If there is they need to straighten their shit and keep it consistent because its fucking confusing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Syntex View Post
    Then why is the moon shade earring regain+1 and 1tp/tic? I know for tp its different but there should be no decimal for regain. If there is they need to straighten their shit and keep it consistent because its fucking confusing.
    Moonshade isn't regain+1, it's Latent Effect: Regain.

Banned.

BG Level

Because it's a new thing they're doing like putting exact unitless numbers instead of "Enhances 'Job Ability'" and yes it is very confusing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's the difference between old stuff and new stuff. Since they have started added visible stats with decimals but can't display them they are moving all stuff that can be to that for simplicity/uniformities sake. Also what you talking about willis? Thete are things that given less than 1 regain

Campaign
    BG Level

And if your mainhand has 242 skill, your offhand has 228, and your offhand gives both hands +27 accuracy your hit rate will be better than if both hands were just 242 skill.
    I think the annoying part is more about having different accs for both hands, leading to different thresholds of acc needed.
    If you need, say, 900 acc to reach 95% on a certain target, you're actually going to need 914. Giving 14 useless acc to your mh only to cap the acc of your mh.
    At the end of the day maybe it doesn't change much, but I can see how for some OCD people that could feel annoying.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Moonshade isn't regain+1, it's Latent Effect: Regain.
    Good point. I thought for sure it was regain+1. I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    You know, I had a long post about why the 2 more -perp matters and why the haste is worthless, but I've derailed this thread long enough. If you think it's good, more power to you. I'm sure it will match your int earrings nicely.
    If you're a serious SMN you already have capped perpetuation without the -2. So, pray tell, what is -2 perpetuation doing for you when you already have 0 perpetuation cost? Clearly you're not using whichever extra slot it may free up for pet stats for meleeing, which you said yourself are worthless, and clearly you're not using it for a melee build, since magian staves are worthless for that. So why does it matter? Why is the accuracy and haste worthless?

Banned.

BG Level

The update notes say you only need 1 win from SKCNM, OR delve v1 OR delve v2 OR D/VD merit battlefields. You can still go for JSE even if you've only beaten A Worm's Turn on D.
    it's D/VD for SKCNMs, AAs/Brothers can just be a Normal win

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Icons done and that should be the entirety there. PM if broken stuff.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Wops shouldnt read notes while tired.

It's basically that they're not using a shell programming code for the display.
    On older gear the code would read the hard data of +1000 and would display +100...
    BUT... then again... I'm not really sure that's how it works. As I don't know the coding... but if it was coding based, that's what it would be.

Also: there was a while ago when it was brought up that Camate mentioned that they want to switch over to 3000 TP instead of 300 so as to make things like Store TP easier or something... idr.
    SO it all might just be a lie and they're easing us in to the new UI change.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyX View Post
    If you're a serious SMN you already have capped perpetuation without the -2. So, pray tell, what is -2 perpetuation doing for you when you already have 0 perpetuation cost? Clearly you're not using whichever extra slot it may free up for pet stats for meleeing, which you said yourself are worthless, and clearly you're not using it for a melee build, since magian staves are worthless for that. So why does it matter? Why is the accuracy and haste worthless?
    Extra refresh slots.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Hmmm, so the regain effect is only there when using a samba... Would using a low tp cost samba with the duration give more tp than the cost of said samba using this dagger? I never really understood why dnc didnt get regain somehow in the way mages get refresh for all these years Since their cures rely on tp. I dont think 1 regain would be overpowering either natively or thru a weapon/armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Extra refresh slots.
    Where, exactly? You can already use every possible refresh slot without -2 extra perpetuation on a staff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast