An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

No patch yet (Assuming this is related to hardware maint). Considering the duration of the maint, don't expect much soon. I'll try to check every 30min (roughly) though.

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think Oats have a new contender with the Worm Feelers.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

I now need them to add lockstyle for weapons. I didn't care before, but now that I could be punching with worm heads it bothers me greatly

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Or you could just use BMN, since SE has proven they have no fucking clue how shit works about their own game

-we cant lock weapons or ranged because it will cause the game to break (hai bmn)
    -we cant implement a find feature because it would stress the server (hai find plugin, hai findall addon)

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Or you could just use BMN, since SE has proven they have no fucking clue how shit works about their own game

-we cant lock weapons or ranged because it will cause the game to break (hai bmn)
    -we cant implement a find feature because it would stress the server (hai find plugin, hai findall addon)
    it is not enough to see myself punching with worm heads, everybody must see me punching with worm heads

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Lockstyle applies to other players as well? I thought it was just on your end.

Banned.

BG Level

Lockstyle applies to other players as well? I thought it was just on your end.
    Yes, it's intended as a sort of official blinkmenot

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Lockstyle is server based, and affects everyone who can see the player, while Blinkmenot is client based, and only affects what the player themselves sees.

Banned.

BG Level

On an unrelated topic, the note that Oboro won't accept HQ items makes me think the new weapon quest will require several synthesized items like relic stages 2 and 3, and is going to turn into a gigantic gougefest. Hopefully if there's weapons required, they're part of the ones just added to be redeemable for sparks.

Old Merits
    BG Level

POL also down or is it just a question of spamming your PW until it lets you on? I tried the information tab but that also times out.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    POL also down or is it just a question of spamming your PW until it lets you on? I tried the information tab but that also times out.
    POL is also down. Was supposed to end 30 minutes ago, but yeah. Old school 7 hour patches with huge delays!

Campaign
    BG Level

That wasn't really what they said...
    While clearly there's a long way to walk for the /lockstyle thing, it already offers something that BMN/DressmeUp never offered, that is the chance to lock how OTHER PEOPLE see you, whereas with BMN/DressUp and other things you usually lock things client-side for yourself and that's it.

Pros and cons, but I can see Lockstyle growing up in the future. They said they intend to expand it and that the current form was just something they could pull off very quickly.
    At least if we want to believe their words, of course.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The thing is though, lockstyle is nothing more than a server based bmn. To say that "changing weapons will cause it to break" is false, because BMN works fine after changing weapons.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Maybe they just don't want people looking like they're using resolution with a dagger. Maybe to them that ruins the quality of the game's look and makes it seem unpolished

Campaign
    BG Level

The thing is though, lockstyle is nothing more than a server based bmn. To say that "changing weapons will cause it to break" is false, because BMN works fine after changing weapons.
    But they never said that. They said that, correct me if I'm wrong, they programmed /lockstyle to cease working when people change weapons becuase otherwise you could, for instance, keep swinging a 2h Sword while you have a pair of Cesti equipped.
    Which is what can happen with BMN in certain circumstances.
    Edit: I mean to say that it doesn't stop working becuase "it's so weak and so badly programmed it can whitstand the change". It's more like they programmed it like that on purpose.

Personally I find it hilarious, but it's clearly not the sort of thing you'd "officially" allow as a developer, would you? I know I wouldn't.
    What they need to do, and if I recall it's exactely what they said they're gonna do, is to keep /lockstyle active when the new weapon is of the same type (same animation set) of the previous one. For instance swapping daggers for daggers, etc.
    Same for ammos and Ranged weapons.
    This alone would make it still an inferior but at least a valid alternative to BMN which offers something unique (serverside) at the cost of something else.

It still wouldn't solve the issue for BRDs or mage/support jobs who swap between instruments, clubs, staves etc. Dunno what can honestly be done for them. Maybe allow /lockstyle to keep working as long as they do not engage? Wouldn't work for BRDs but would work for all the other support/mage situations.
    But it would still be pretty strange to see someone with a staff behind their back when they're actually equpping a mace and a shield, even if no animations are involved because you do not engage.
    Dunno, I don't see it happening honestly, which is a shame, a server-side /lockstyle would be cool.
    Other games have it server-side in the form of single pieces (/points at WoW and FFXIV)

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Maybe they just don't want people looking like they're using resolution with a dagger. Maybe to them that ruins the quality of the game's look and makes it seem unpolished
    Or even if switching weapon class still broke it, it presumably wouldn't break and would still look goofy if switching from a harp to a flute.

And yeah, if switching weapon class breaks it that doesn't adequately solve mages' problems with it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    On an unrelated topic, the note that Oboro won't accept HQ items makes me think the new weapon quest will require several synthesized items like relic stages 2 and 3, and is going to turn into a gigantic gougefest. Hopefully if there's weapons required, they're part of the ones just added to be redeemable for sparks.
    I doubt it. It would probably be the newer crafts that most people don't buy and sells at a lost for the crafter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast