Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Savage: Part 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Spike Flail is 1 hit even if it take multiple shadows. We tried EA/Scherzo on Normal and it did work but not on everyone since Ouryu is not strong enough.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by hongo View Post
    Why though? I mean, while BLU spells will reach it (most, anyway) their damage with spells alone will be pathetic compared to say, Ranger. If you're going to damage it whilst it's flying, just run Rangers.

WHM BRD PLD WAR RNG(Relic)RNG sounds optimal really. WAR mostly works to land Ouryu, so that PLD can maintain hate more efficiently. RNG can max DPS it throughout the battle, and help take out elementals with Wildfire once it's landed to remove DT.
    Glut. Dart is roughly equal to a typical ranged attack and can be spammed a little quicker. And 2 HR+Glut. Dart will do significant damage (WS like) for about 8 casts.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Horrid Roar would shit on single-PLD setups.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Oh great another fight that people will pretty much only bring rng to, we need more of those.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Obviously we should be making more drg relevant content.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'd be satisfied with any content that would would be hard but at the same time not favor the same 4 dd jobs of mnk, rng, sam, ragnadrk. Seems like for all the hardcore fights and delves, it's just been throw rngs or oatixurs at it until its dead. New skirmish was kinda interesting since you needed different sources of damage, and Tenzen is more melee friendly but by and large everything with powerful AoEs is just a rng fest and it's poor gameplay design when you need pretty much only 1 job to beat content in its hardest form. Maybe if it was just "rngs are really good for Very Difficult for these 2-3 BCs" it would be okay, but it's more like, "every BC except like 2, on Very Difficult, Rng or gtfo".

It's not the playerbase fault but when they create content where the boss uses an Aoe that deals 90-150% of an average player's max hp every 10-15 seconds, it's pretty excessive. I'd understand if like arrogance incarnate was timed or triggered at certain hp% or as a counter to something. Then there's a strategy involved and a learning process fostered by preparation and skilfull play. When it's just "mob does a 1500 dmg aoe pretty much every 10 seconds" there's no strategy except to gtfo and shoot from afar. If there were conditions that could be met to weaken mobs like "breaking AA's sword" so she cant AI or gimp its damage without relying on a song or bp from 1 or 2 jobs it would be more fun. Just saying instead of relying on jobs, they should create multiple ways to avoid bullshit attacks and implement various properties that can be altered or changed. For example it would be idyllic i suppose but say for example AA Ev. You could just throw rangers at it and be safe. But they could implement something like, after several skillchains, a green !! Stagger happens and afterwards she no longer uses arrogance incarnate. Or after X number of critical hits from the front, her shield breaks and cant block nor use shield strike/intervene. See this way different party setups can prosper and other jobs can attempt difficult content and other strategies can be employed.

I just wish they added more strategic routes for weakening/debilitating bosses to foster different job setups like other MMO's. They kind of had the right idea with delve nms but need to add multiple methods of weakening/debilitating rather than just 1 otherwise people will just exploit that one weakness and be done with it. Take Ouryu v2 for example. Ranged or magic could bring it down from the air as well as mistmelt, but would be cool of Dragon Breaker or Angon could do the same. For Tenzen, maybe using Blade Bash during Meikyo will prevent the skillchain from going off, or landing Blind on him will lock out his most dangerous GK ws or using Searing Light or Ruinous Omen or fenrir's astral flow could severely lower his attack speed temporarily(weakens his phoenix sword). Would just be more fun to have different elements in play so it's not just the same 7-8 jobs doing content in hard mode but other jobs can be included. Remember how Ob was weakened when a Pup was in the party? That was a cool idea.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Ob wasnt weakened by "having a pup in the party"...not at fucking all.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Live journal entry #21356

Today I had a great idea...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Ob wasnt weakened by "having a pup in the party"...not at fucking all.
    well is more of a having a pup that knew what he was doing and changed the frame of ob to something more manageable. Even at 99 it's magic mortar still does some nice dmg

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    Obviously we should be making more drg relevant content.
    Isn't that what ouryu is? Dragon breaker ancient circle and jumps!!! Clearly meant for drg

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    well is more of a having a pup that knew what he was doing and changed the frame of ob to something more manageable. Even at 99 it's magic mortar still does some nice dmg
    /pup worked too, which is a farcry from "having a pup in the party".

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I'd be satisfied with any content that would would be hard but at the same time not favor the same 4 dd jobs of mnk, rng, sam, ragnadrk. Seems like for all the hardcore fights and delves, it's just been throw rngs or oatixurs at it until its dead. New skirmish was kinda interesting since you needed different sources of damage, and Tenzen is more melee friendly but by and large everything with powerful AoEs is just a rng fest and it's poor gameplay design when you need pretty much only 1 job to beat content in its hardest form. Maybe if it was just "rngs are really good for Very Difficult for these 2-3 BCs" it would be okay, but it's more like, "every BC except like 2, on Very Difficult, Rng or gtfo".

It's not the playerbase fault but when they create content where the boss uses an Aoe that deals 90-150% of an average player's max hp every 10-15 seconds, it's pretty excessive. I'd understand if like arrogance incarnate was timed or triggered at certain hp% or as a counter to something. Then there's a strategy involved and a learning process fostered by preparation and skilfull play. When it's just "mob does a 1500 dmg aoe pretty much every 10 seconds" there's no strategy except to gtfo and shoot from afar. If there were conditions that could be met to weaken mobs like "breaking AA's sword" so she cant AI or gimp its damage without relying on a song or bp from 1 or 2 jobs it would be more fun. Just saying instead of relying on jobs, they should create multiple ways to avoid bullshit attacks and implement various properties that can be altered or changed. For example it would be idyllic i suppose but say for example AA Ev. You could just throw rangers at it and be safe. But they could implement something like, after several skillchains, a green !! Stagger happens and afterwards she no longer uses arrogance incarnate. Or after X number of critical hits from the front, her shield breaks and cant block nor use shield strike/intervene. See this way different party setups can prosper and other jobs can attempt difficult content and other strategies can be employed.

I just wish they added more strategic routes for weakening/debilitating bosses to foster different job setups like other MMO's. They kind of had the right idea with delve nms but need to add multiple methods of weakening/debilitating rather than just 1 otherwise people will just exploit that one weakness and be done with it. Take Ouryu v2 for example. Ranged or magic could bring it down from the air as well as mistmelt, but would be cool of Dragon Breaker or Angon could do the same. For Tenzen, maybe using Blade Bash during Meikyo will prevent the skillchain from going off, or landing Blind on him will lock out his most dangerous GK ws or using Searing Light or Ruinous Omen or fenrir's astral flow could severely lower his attack speed temporarily(weakens his phoenix sword). Would just be more fun to have different elements in play so it's not just the same 7-8 jobs doing content in hard mode but other jobs can be included. Remember how Ob was weakened when a Pup was in the party? That was a cool idea.
    This isn't WoW.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Tried VD with RNG, RNG, PLD, WHM, BRD, SMN and outside buffs. The PLD tanked from behind to force Spike Flail (does 200-300 damage with EA+Scherzo). We wiped at 48% on Spike Flail because Scherzo weared off but we were never in danger before. However it took us 16 min to bring Ouryu down to 48% with Overkill. I'm almost positive he has a -50% resistance on Piercing weapons or Ranged Attacks. He seems to indeed reset the hate with Touchdown if there is no forced landing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

After many attempts

Title : Ouryu Obfuscator
    In my opinion this fight was even more challenging and stressful than VD Stellar Fulcrum but also very fun.
    MNK/WAR, MNK/WAR, WHM, WHM, BRD, SMN. MNKs had full acc set, no PDT/Mantra and used Counterstance. For unknown reason Spike Flail can sometimes exceed 1300 damage despite EA/Scherzo but it's still better than Terror, full Dispel and hate reset.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Vclaw!?! You rich now!!! Grats though

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'm almost positive he has a -50% resistance on Piercing weapons or Ranged Attacks.
    I feel like all CoP Wyrms have the -50% resistance to Ranged Weapons(don't think it's piercing) cuz I know Tiamat has the same shit, and I feel like it was in an effort to counterbalance the whole RNG craze thing that was going on at the time(wasn't the RNG nerf roughly around when CoP was release?)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I feel like all CoP Wyrms have the -50% resistance to Ranged Weapons(don't think it's piercing) cuz I know Tiamat has the same shit, and I feel like it was in an effort to counterbalance the whole RNG craze thing that was going on at the time(wasn't the RNG nerf roughly around when CoP was release?)
    Yeah Rng nerf was a few months after the release. Was finishing gearing up my rng for promys when it happened

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anyone done this fight since they fixed the BC music and stuff last update? Ran it for the first time since then today, was on D, and Ouryu was stuck at 1% for about the last 4 min with 2x Rngs pewing away. Rngs and the Pld killed both earth eles, thinking they were creating some sort of issue, but it didn't change the outcome.

End result:

Spoiler: show

No personal pools for anyone, and the game said we timed out, but the Ouryu and an earth ele that wasn't visible seemingly died to dots, giving us drops. Never seen this before with BCs. Any ideas? Glitched for anyone else? Was on D if it mattered.

Edit: Just checked, and not considered to be cleared on D+ either. I always thought SE's explaniation before of personal pools was weird, "one pool for beating the enemy" and "another pool for defeating the BC" or some such description. Seems somehow, we hit that.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Done the fight 5 or 6 times since last update, dies just fine in 4-5mins on Difficult with 2 MNKs. Never noticed it do anything that could be considered a glitch.

Is it possible you timed out as it died?

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I believe that in the higher tier battlefield, the mistmelts lower his defense or -DT. I noticed my hits and WS's doing more damage after using them. Damage gradually reverted back to its original value however over the course of about 3~5 minutes. Also, it seems that to drop our wyrm friend, you need to stagger both elementals and then inflict some form of non-ranged damage on him. The amount seems irrelevant. Unless these elementals are both staggered, he remains immune to non-ranged attacks--physical or magical. When the damage is inflicted to Ouryu, a red stagger will appear over him and he'll land.

Now, here's what confounds me: Even after staggering both, he stopped being receptive to Banish I later during the fight (~30% HP). Even DE + Holy II was doing zeros, yet earlier during the fight, he was still getting staggered and landing from Banish I. I have no idea what changes. Tempted to try bringing an RDM in to see if wind staggers him more often than general magic does.